Notifications
Clear all

Curiosity finally got the moderator...

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/02/2010 1:23 pm

Hello all! My name is Kairasa, many around the org know me as Candice. Either name (or variation) is fine with me. I've been on the org almost four years now and a moderator for about a year and a half. Without standing on my soapbox for too long, I just have to say that this website has given me quite a lot of wonderful gifts. I have actually met several people from the site and went on a roadtrip with a fellow moderator (or he once was anyways. ) We are now happily in a relationship and due to good fortune and God immensely blessing us, we live quite close geographically.

In short, life is good.

WAIT! There is that pesky problem of acne. Ah yes, my formidable opponent. So here I am. Creating this log. I have tried numerous products in the past and until the past few months, all was well. But now I am giving the regimen a chance. Here is hoping it will work and even more so, that I will get to know some of you fabulous folks in this part of the forum.

Cheers! :D

Ah yes, here is the proof of those little things known as pimples:

Newly showered...fantastic hair I know!

A side view of the spots.

Two thumbs up for hopefully beating acne! (and I guess making jack-o-lanterns =P )

MemberMember
(@michellica)

Posted : 12/02/2010 5:49 pm

Yay, I look forward to reading your log! You are such a good/interesting writer. I hope the regimen works wonderfully for you! God bless

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 12/02/2010 8:22 pm

Best of luck, Kai! : )

MemberMember
(@chrizzy)

Posted : 12/02/2010 8:49 pm

Good luck, Kai! I'll make sure to keep up with your progress.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/02/2010 9:28 pm

Thanks you all! =) I will try to post pictures on a weekly basis. Let's hope it goes well!

I am not too concerned about adjusting to the BP because I used Duac as a spot treatment for ages now, and it is 5% bp.

Good luck all. ^_^

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/03/2010 12:32 pm

Day 2

Less prominent pimples, more rudoloph the red-nosed raindeer redness! (although not confined to my nose...that might be odd...)

I guess my face just wants to be festive. :P Regardless, the regimen hasn't done anything horrendous....YET (I kid, I kid). Like I said before, my skin is used to BP, at least as a spot treatment. It might react negatively to this particular onslaught of chemicals, we shall see in time.

It does seem to help the painful pimples, which either hurt a lot less or do not hurt at all. They are still there, but I would much rather take a few blotches then angry dots.

Right now I am using: 1 pump of Cleanser, 1.5 pumps of BP, and 1.5 pumps of Cleanser.

Onwards we go...

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 12/04/2010 2:23 am

If you've only been using BP as spot treatment 'til now, I'd really recommend starting at 1/2 pump instead of 1 1/2. You'd be surprised at how drying using BP all over can be, even if your skin is already sort of used to it. Taking it slow and starting small will help a lot with the redness, too. ; )

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/04/2010 2:30 am

I think you are right. I just used one pump and it is producing a bit of a burning effect. Probably not a good thing.

I do have to say that my skin isn't really dry as of yet. Then again it is early on. As for redness, well, my skin is already a bit red to begin with and I have a LOT of red marks due to the accumulation of mostly acne (and then it's demise) so it is hard to tell.

But yeah, tomorrow morning I am going to only use half a pump and see where it gets me. This burning sensation isn't pleasant. Yikes!

PS: For those who use Dan's moisturizer, do you find the yellow tint leaves your skin as the day wears on? I was pretty alarmed at the color of my skin even after it dried this morning. I don't usually wear makeup and I would rather not look jaundiced. haha.

Goodnight all. Until we meet again...

MemberMember
(@chrizzy)

Posted : 12/04/2010 11:07 am

I haven't noticed a yellow tint after it dries; mine usually goes from yellow when I first put it on to a white as it absorbs into the skin, and then finally it looks like my skin tone.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/05/2010 12:58 pm

Day 4

Whoops I forgot to post for Day 3! Nothing significant happening. My skin is a bit drier than usual and a little more on the red side. I haven't seen much improvement yet but I will give it a couple weeks before I will probably notice any type of change.

My skin is also a bit more sensitive to the touch.... (just kidding =P ) So I now use just one pump of BP each application. I might move it down even more if I find my skin is too irritated. But it seems to be okay for now.

I must bid you adieu and go do massive amounts of work that is all due tomorrow! Ah the life of a college senior...

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/06/2010 10:08 am

Day 5

Ah the flakiness appears, you fiend!

Nothing new to report except I can feel the acne I had to begin with start to disappate. I do notice that my skin is a bit drier than usual and sensitive, but that is a small price to pay for clearing skin.

I have a question for all you lovely men and women out there in the peanut gallery (just kidding but peanuts are yummy you must admit. Who wouldn't want to be in a gallery full of them?!) ... when you incorporate Jojoba oil, do you use just a drop or two? Do you mix it in the moisturizer or apply directly to the skin?

Thanks much...now I'm off to print a paper and give a speech. Ah college, how I might miss thee upon graduation...

MemberMember
(@pickpock)

Posted : 12/06/2010 1:11 pm

hi,

best is to basicly use the jojobaoil after you washed your face...so that your face is nice and oily when you put the bpo on (believe me> itAs the best way like this as otherwise your skin which is highly irritated in the beginning would be completely left alone with the bpo and your skin gets worse and worse...). so to prodect your skin from even more dryness put the oil on your face before you put the bpo on your face.

then you can wait your 15min until you put your moisturiser on your face...if dry...put some drops of jojobaoil in you moisturiser (<yes...again jojobaoil)...believe me: you will need it in the beginning...actually for a long time.

BUT the jojobaoil gets only rid of your flakyness...it doesnAt put away the redness out of your face or gives your any moist/fluid/water back...for this you need to moisturise a little more as well...

the jojobaoil for the flakyness...moisturiser against your redness...

you will probably have a stingy feeling when you put your moisturiser on your irritated skin...this is normal and goes away after about 15min. then the moisturiser is soaked in.

i actually found out that the more my skin stings when i put moisturiser in my face the dryer is my skin...so sometimes my skin is just fine and never stings after the moisturiser but sometimes itAs very dry and hurts a lot after the moisturiser...

you will soon realise: it is NOT the oil or creme which will give you any spots (<so donAt be afraid of lots of oil/fat/creme in your face...itAs your best friend from now on!)...BUT you will get acne prone skin from irritated skin...which means never let your face become too dry! rather moisturise it once or twice more then let too much dryness happen.

good luck!!!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/08/2010 12:03 am

Day 6

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

*dramatic music*

Yeah, I just felt like doing that. :P Nothing new to report except I only washed my face last night and didn't use BP or moisturizer because I was crazy tired. My bad...

Today is a new day and I did the same as usual. The flakiness is still there on the lower left side of my face but I mixed in a bit of jojoba oil into the moisturizer and it seemed to help a lot. I will continue to do so and see what kind of magic occurs!

Pickpock, thank you so much for your advice! It is wholeheartedly appreciated and I will definitely take it under consideration.

Until tomorrow!

*more dramatic music for...dramaticness!*

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/09/2010 1:29 pm

Day 7

It has been a week, you know what this means...

PICTURES!

I am going to try and update weekly pics for progress sake. Thus far here is what we have:

And finally...a smile! (can't look too somber, would bring down the mood)

So, things are going well. I am looking a little red-mark spotty but hey, the acne is going away! I have high hopes for the regimen to work. We shall see.

PS: I wish I could wear a towel on my head all the time. It is rather comfy you know.

MemberMember
(@jessyl)

Posted : 12/09/2010 1:38 pm

I love having a towel on my head too haha!

Good luck with the regimen :).

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 12/09/2010 7:21 pm

Aw, Kai, you're so cute. : )

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/09/2010 8:37 pm

Thank you JessyL! Nice to find a fellow towel lover! (yes that sounded odd haha)

C'est, no YOU are too cute woman! :D^_^

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/10/2010 1:34 pm

Day 8

Wellll....I think my acne is getting better but it'll be a few weeks til I really know cause my face is redmark PALOOZA at the moment! Doesn't look very great but ah well, just skin right?

Hopefully in a couple weeks it'll look better. And less like rudolph's nose.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/11/2010 2:14 pm

Day 9

I just finished the regimen for this morning, at er, 1pm. haha. The life of a college student!

So far my face is just really red. I think the acne is getting better. Nothing new to really report.

How is everyone else doing who is on the regimen? I hope well! ^_^

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 12/11/2010 7:19 pm

Hehe, reading your log reminds me of when I was blogging about starting The Regimen. I hardly ever update my blog any more. : P

MemberMember
(@1cygal)

Posted : 12/11/2010 11:34 pm

hey! I've just started following the regimen about 1 week ago too! Now, it's the 2nd weeks alrdy! I actually had mild breakout on day 6 so I'm kind of afraid that another one will come :( hopefully both of us will see results soon!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/13/2010 10:16 am

Day 11

Nothing new to report except a couple pesky pimples on my face causing pain. Hopefully they are gone soon...one can only hope! =)

1cygal - hang in there! Give yourself at LEAST a month to start seeing improvement. That is what I am doing with myself.

Jojoba oil is a miracle worker, for those of you wondering! My face becomes very flaky at times and it clears that problem right up!!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/14/2010 9:34 pm

Day 12

Seems to be working! The redness is going down and with careful application of the moisturizer the flakiness as well!

I am happy thus far and can't wait to see it to continue to work. Hope everybody is doing well! =)

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/17/2010 12:23 pm

Day 15

Sorry for the delay all...it has been a hectic few days! My finals ended and I had to pack to go home for Winter Break. Plus spend time with my wonderful man.

My skin is sloooooowly improving. Like I said, the amount of acne is decreasing but the redmarks make it hard to see the improvement.

For those who also look at their face and become frustrated by the redness, just remember that patience is key...it takes a little while for your skin to start to heal the marks.

Hope everybody is having a great holiday season thus far.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/18/2010 2:11 pm

Day 16

My skin has a bit of flakiness still going on...still breaking out a bit here and there but I think it is beginning to heal itself.

Nothing too big to report...hope everybody has a fabulous day. Keep your chin up. =)