Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ccalder

Low Dose Accutane Works Wonders

I have been taking low dose 5mg a day accutane for two months. The first couple of months I noticed a decrease in oil with just a little dryness of the face that I was taking care of with moisturizer. I just discovered the most amazing moisturizer to use in combination with a low dose regimen. I would use it even if you are not experiencing a lot of dryness. It is called Hydra+ Mat from Roc dermatologic. This stuff is amazing and contains a substance called Elubiol wich is proven to slow down sebum production over time and some kind of substance that absorbs surface oil to keep the skin mat and not shiny. Belive me this stuff works amazing especially in combination with low dose accutane. Because it has special humecants and moisturizers that do not clog pores it keeps the skin moist while at the same time helping to stop oil production. It is also scent free! try it out if you can get it in your country, I am in Canada and I know that the Roc products vary from country to country. My suggestion would be to order it from a Canadian or other website that sells it to your country if you cannot find it in a local drugstore. Here is some links with more infor on Elubiol and the Hydra+ Mat product:

http://www.roc.com/cee-version/framer-accueil.htm

Click on the "products" link at the top, and then click the "oily skin" link on the left of the products page.

Sorry, I should have explained better. I give myself one 10mg pill every second day which was recommended from someone who explained that it works out to 5mg a day.

I have been taking low dose 5mg a day accutane for two months. The first couple of months I noticed a decrease in oil with just a little dryness of the face that I was taking care of with moisturizer. I just discovered the most amazing moisturizer to use in combination with a low dose regimen. I would use it even if you are not experiencing a lot of dryness. It is called Hydra+ Mat from Roc dermatologic. This stuff is amazing and contains a substance called Elubiol wich is proven to slow down sebum production over time and some kind of substance that absorbs surface oil to keep the skin mat and not shiny. Belive me this stuff works amazing especially in combination with low dose accutane. Because it has special humecants and moisturizers that do not clog pores it keeps the skin moist while at the same time helping to stop oil production. It is also scent free! try it out if you can get it in your country, I am in Canada and I know that the Roc products vary from country to country. My suggestion would be to order it from a Canadian or other website that sells it to your country if you cannot find it in a local drugstore. Here is some links with more infor on Elubiol and the Hydra+ Mat product:

http://www.roc.com/cee-version/framer-accueil.htm

Click on the "products" link at the top, and then click the "oily skin" link on the left of the products page.

I have a similiar question. Were you ever on a full dose? or did you just decide on the low dose from the beginning?

Well, I have been on regular dose accutane three times from my Derm. He gave me 80mg a day. I did have acne and each time it got better. The last time I was on that much was last summer. The acne did not come back so much but oil production has come back and along with it lots of clogged pores, shiny skin, and blackheads that are worse now in the hot summer months. The low dose has stopped oil production enough to allow my pores to get cleaned out when I wash and now with this moisturizer it is helping to absorb the little oil that does get produced, as well as working towards stopping the production of oil via the ingredient called Elubiol that is in the cream. All this while keeping the dry skin effects of the accutane down because it is moisturizing. I have very sensitive, problematic skin and nothing has ever worked for me, only irritated my skin. This combination is amazing and I am so happy right now. I will stay on this forever if need be (accutane low dose and the moisturizer) or atleast until my body slows oil production itself.

I have done my research and I am not too worried about it. My skin has plagued me for a long time and I finally found something that works and makes me feel good about myself. I am not telling anyone to do low dose, it is an individual decision. You have to weigh the possible risks against the benefits. I just posted that if you are on it then this moisturizer works wonders to sop up any remaining oil production. It works well just for oily acne prone skin with no accutane. I suggest looking into trying the moisturizer if you can get it, especially if you say you have oily skin with no real acne problem.