Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been Accutane for about three weeks and I am getting lower back pains is this normal.Has anybody else had this happen to them? I am thinking of going off the drug. Thanks!

hi jtc.

in the first month i had a really bad case of the backache your speaking of. i was really worried because it hurt even just to sit. i called my derm and he explained that with the dehydration that you have on tane your muscles may become sore because muscles as you know are made up of a big percentage of water. with the lack of water if you are not drinking tons of water (64 oz a day which is like 7 bottles of 9 oz bottles of water a day) you wil become dehyrated even more and your muscles may become achy,, they are not kidding when they say drink water like a mad man! drink up my friend.

I had lower back pain in the first month or so too, but it went away after that though. Definitely drink as much water as you can though like DumbandDumber said.