Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LivingWithAcne

Acne red marks or scars? + Live Acne.

Posted

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for my acne red marks / scars on my cheeks because it seems that everything I've tried seems useless. Time to time I tend to breakout due to:

1. Smoking. (Shiesha?, if that's how you spell it)

2. Stress. (Loads of stress, and I mean LOADS)

3. Putting on too much stuff in my face.

I feel that sometimes, there isn't any hope for going out anymore. When I go to out, with my friends or family members, I tend to avoid people when they walk my way, I switch sides immediately due to the lack of confidence of this damn curse you call, acne. I've had acne since I was 15 years old, and I'm 18 now and currently still facing acne.

I've used so much stuff onto my face, that when it gets better, acne seems to find its way back. Its like it gets better temporarily and then it starts reappearing again. I've tried loads of things that are mentioned in this forum,

1. Egg white mask (worked temporary, then acne came back) [twice a week.]

2. Dan's BP regime (again, worked temporary then came back) [a month then stopped.]

3. Apple Cider Vinegar toner (every night, AGAIN it came back) [last year]

I just wish that someday, I could overcome this battle of acne, cause it is ruining my life and killing my confidence. I've been taking on too much stress due to people often staring at my face, exams (this week...ugh.) and loads more.

Anyway, here are a few pictures..

post-141106-1291128424_thumb.jpg

post-141106-1291128448_thumb.jpg

post-141106-1291128405_thumb.jpg

Thanks! :)

post-141106-1291128405_thumb.jpg

post-141106-1291128424_thumb.jpg

post-141106-1291128448_thumb.jpg

Posted
Anyone? =/

I'm also stuck with active acne (not much, but a few zits now and then) and red marks, and what's working for me is staying the f out with my fingers (because it creates new red marks, even though I don't have much active acne) and changing my diet at bit (i.e. taking some vitamin supplements, eating vegetables and fruit and drinking water.)

To not pick my skin is probably what is the most efficient way to go, I noticed a pretty drastic change in my skin after just like two weeks. Other than that I'm treating my skin with delna's regimen (egg white mask, baking soda and ACV) and emu oil.

Posted

If you've been suffering from acne for 3 years and its that bad. I'd say you should consider accutane / isotetranion(i cant spell it sorry)

It is VERY powerful but also can be VERY dangerous.

It dries out your skin badly and you cannot use BP or pretty much any spot treatment whilst you're on it.

It can give you severe depression. Not very good if you are already depressed and suffer from social anxiety.

To be honest, i wouldnt recommend it unless its a last resort thing!

Before accutane you should try:

"Lumie clear"

UV light ray treatment, takes a while to work, but i saw FANTASTIC results and is completely safe and healthy to use. It also helps with depression from what i have heard.

I'd DEFINATELY recommend Lumie clear to any acne sufferer!

This is a gamble. But there is a thing called EMU oil. Its very cheap.

It's an anti imflamatory and makes the redness subside.

It will heal your scars

It reduces wrinkles (you dont really have to worry about that though! )

It doesnt clog pores (does'nt cause acne)

It can be used as a moisturizer.

Theres suppliments - take care taking them

Zinc - i'd recommend Zinc, it also gives you cool dreams :P

Vitamin E - working for me at the moment

Posted (edited)

do you have acne else where (forehead, nose, chin, neck)? because you look pretty clear in most spots. it looks like you are giving your body something it can't handle. maybe you are eating something that you are allergic to but you don't know that your body can't handle that type of food. could be something like dairy or sugar. if i were you i would hit the diet hard and try eliminating everything except for vegetables and water. you could also try a 2-3 day water fast and see if your acne get better. if it does then you probably found what was causing your acne to begin with (poor diet). good luck

p.s. don't take accutane before you've tried everything on this site: http://www.acneresearch.org/

Edited by pinkunicorn

Posted
I'm also stuck with active acne (not much, but a few zits now and then) and red marks, and what's working for me is staying the f out with my fingers (because it creates new red marks, even though I don't have much active acne) and changing my diet at bit (i.e. taking some vitamin supplements, eating vegetables and fruit and drinking water.)

To not pick my skin is probably what is the most efficient way to go, I noticed a pretty drastic change in my skin after just like two weeks. Other than that I'm treating my skin with delna's regimen (egg white mask, baking soda and ACV) and emu oil.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, actually I've also been trying to resist the urges to pick my face every single time I have a pimple, its so annoying. Thing is, I keep squeezing the disgusting ooze [yellow liquid?] called pus? And I apply BP on that exact spot, its very effective. The next day, the spot where I picked on, becomes a scab. That's what I've noticed. ACV, really does wonders, in healing the redness from acne. It helped with my forehead acne that suddenly started breaking out for no reason. Its pretty clear now on my forehead, guess I'll start using ACV for the marks on my cheeks.

If you've been suffering from acne for 3 years and its that bad. I'd say you should consider accutane / isotetranion(i cant spell it sorry)

It is VERY powerful but also can be VERY dangerous.

It dries out your skin badly and you cannot use BP or pretty much any spot treatment whilst you're on it.

It can give you severe depression. Not very good if you are already depressed and suffer from social anxiety.

To be honest, i wouldnt recommend it unless its a last resort thing!

Before accutane you should try:

"Lumie clear"

UV light ray treatment, takes a while to work, but i saw FANTASTIC results and is completely safe and healthy to use. It also helps with depression from what i have heard.

I'd DEFINATELY recommend Lumie clear to any acne sufferer!

This is a gamble. But there is a thing called EMU oil. Its very cheap.

It's an anti imflamatory and makes the redness subside.

It will heal your scars

It reduces wrinkles (you dont really have to worry about that though! )

It doesnt clog pores (does'nt cause acne)

It can be used as a moisturizer.

Theres suppliments - take care taking them

Zinc - i'd recommend Zinc, it also gives you cool dreams :P

Vitamin E - working for me at the moment

Actually, I would say the cause of my pimples was cause I went out to have a smoke with my friends, until I got dizzy. So, thats probably the reason why I'm breaking out like hell on my cheeks, cause this is the first time since its been this bad. I would say I haven't been suffering too bad with my acne when I was 15, it was just the red marks or scarring I really can't tell the difference.

About the social anxiety thing, well its just that only if I go out with my sister, I feel threatened somehow, its cause she doesn't have acne at all, and I'm like the one with spots. -_-...when I'm with my friends in the mall I tend to not give a damn when people stare at me, cause as long as I'm with my friends and having fun thats all that matters. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my sister or anything we're very close, its just that sometimes I feel to be the odd one out when I'm with her.

I'm really tempted to try out accutane, but from what I've heard from people like you stated 'last resort thing' I don't think I would anytime soon. But thanks for the reply though!

do you have acne else where (forehead, nose, chin, neck)? because you look pretty clear in most spots. it looks like you are giving your body something it can't handle. maybe you are eating something that you are allergic to but you don't know that your body can't handle that type of food. could be something like dairy or sugar. if i were you i would hit the diet hard and try eliminating everything except for vegetables and water. you could also try a 2-3 day water fast and see if your acne get better. if it does then you probably found what was causing your acne to begin with (poor diet). good luck

p.s. don't take accutane before you've tried everything on this site:

Uh, just a bit like 2-3 pimples on my forehead and bit of scarring. Actually, now that you mentioned it I am on a diet. Or perhaps, I eat too much of spicy food :| .. its been a week now that I haven't eaten anything that would be considered as 'frying' or anything to do with oil. Its all soup, fruits [red apples mostly, should have gotten green..], and rice pretty much. And yup I've been frequently drinking water as much as possible.

Thanks so much for the replies guys! Really appreciate it. Will keep you updated of how it looks in a few days or so. Exams tomorrow :) lol.

Posted

Hey guys! Its been 2 weeks and I'm finally on my X'mas break. And I just wanted to post the update of my active acne. Red marks are still visible -_-...killing me. On top of that new pimples are forming over and over again, ugh. Slightly better than before. But, still red marks are really getting on my nerves. Or is it cause these pimple start forming again, due to shaving too frequently?

Currently using a mild cleanser, and after like an hour I cleanse again with proactive's deep cleanser. Before going to bed, I use the ACV method, toner. Like I said, I still use BP to apply when I squeeze out the pus on the pimples and it turns into a scab in the next day.

Any suggestions to speed the process of healing the red marks/scars? =/

post-141106-1292178617_thumb.jpg

post-141106-1292178652_thumb.jpg

P.S. There might be a difference in picture quality, due to the first post being captured with flash. These are without flash. And whoa, at the current views of this post!

Thanks! :)

post-141106-1292178617_thumb.jpg

post-141106-1292178652_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi I think you should see your doctor thats what i did and it's helped alot , he might give you anti-biotics also have a shower every night before you go to bed, don't stay up all night, stop smoking, it does take time i had to take anti biotics for 6 months, it's not all clear yet but so much betetr but mine wasn't so bad. first i only had a few spots but i haded it so i ordered benazol peroxide then that stupid thing spread the acne a bit around my cheeks , i also use tea tree blemish gel every night after shower . my face is all smooth but ocasinally get a pimple but still a little bit marks. good luck also i don't think food affects the acne because i eat everything , but it i get nervous or smothing i sometimes get a pimple. goodluck it takes time and effort to help your ance go away

Posted (edited)
Hi I think you should see your doctor thats what i did and it's helped alot , he might give you anti-biotics also have a shower every night before you go to bed, don't stay up all night, stop smoking, it does take time i had to take anti biotics for 6 months, it's not all clear yet but so much betetr but mine wasn't so bad. first i only had a few spots but i haded it so i ordered benazol peroxide then that stupid thing spread the acne a bit around my cheeks , i also use tea tree blemish gel every night after shower . my face is all smooth but ocasinally get a pimple but still a little bit marks. good luck also i don't think food affects the acne because i eat everything , but it i get nervous or smothing i sometimes get a pimple. goodluck it takes time and effort to help your ance go away

Hey thanks for your reply, really appreciate it, sorry haven't been on much lately. Yeah, I am actually considering to schedule an appointment with a derm ASAP, these past few days I keep trying to avoid mirrors cause I don't wanna look at my face (its that bad..-.-). I am really tempted to go for accutane now =/ I mean I want to be cleared up as much as possible before new semester starts. 35 more days. Hopefully, I wish I could get cleared with most of the pimples by then..but they seem to be coming back often -__________-

I forgot to mention the fact that I visited 3 Derms, in the past and all of them gave me predictable feedbacks. No eating dairy, No eating fatty food, you know the same old stories. I find it most useless when I go to the Derms at my place. That's why I'm not so keen on going to the Derms. Waste time and money =/ hopefully I could ask him if he should consider in giving me accutane.

My friend recommended a Derm, but instead of accutane, he was offered "roc-cutane?" not sure what that is..but I'll have to do some research of my own and will get back to you guys. =D

Edited by LivingWithAcne

Posted

Yeah man, I would stop smoking the shisha, I used to love smoking hookah, but then I realized it is only making my skin red and dull, so I stopped. My skin never really did clear up though.

Posted

Hey my skin used to look alot like yours, and I used to do the same thing with the squeezing.

Stop squeezing, it may seem like it helps now, but in the long run its only going to hurt you.

This is my advice and what I do.

Get some non fragranced lotion and 2.5 benzoil peroxide.

Before you go to bed at night and when you wake up Wash your face gently and then squeeze the lotion and BP into your hands into equal parts, then cover your entire face with it like a mask.

If you keep doing this every day and night, your skin is going to look alot better. Like I said, you skin looks alot like mine used to, and this is what I did, and it really helps to keep the acne away.

The lotion I use is "Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion" and I use Nutragena 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide. Because you are going to be applying so much, the 2.5 wont dry your skin out.

Good luck man, hope it all works out for you

Posted

Look, man. Your acne is bad. You need accutane. You already have scarring and it will get worse if you don't take care of your active acne immediately. Good luck.

Posted

^

Dudes, thanks for the reply. Appreciate it, last reply made me laugh though never had anyone been so frank with me about my acne, hahaha!

Anyways, sorry about the 1-2 months dissaperence, shifting my house and stuff so yeah few days have gone by until I FINALLY had my net. Happy Late New Year Guys! :)

About the BP thing, I'm currently using it, but like I said I pop the cysts or pus whatever you wanna call it, and apply BP [mines 10%, I have a bad feeling...] and it turns into a scab overnight.

I use to do the same regime, you suggested but then stopped cause I realized half of my days are spent at uni and my face tends to get nasty, and nasty as in Oily Nasty.

About the dude suggesting accutane, I'm pretty much reluctant about using the product cause I heard from one of my friends, he showed me a vid on youtube of a dude with acne and the first day he took accutane it got I dunno, worse-er? His acne transferred all over his body it was wow..so I might re-think about taking accutane.

Btw, since the day I shifted my house, my acne has been pretty f-ed up. Like seriously. It's clearing up now, I just wanted to experiment if I didn't squeeze any of the pimples that show up it would go away. It's pretty much cleared now. I can feel my face having less bumps than before.

Pics and updates coming soon! Busy with my house shifting crap. Sorry again guys!

Curse you acne and my over-raging hormones! - -

Posted

Your acne isn't that bad man, and you definitely do not need accutane yet. Find a safer way to control your active acne (e.g. BP, antibiotics) and you'll be fine. My scars were just like yours and they flattened over the course of a year. You seem to be keeping a positive outlook, so keep that up!

Posted

^ I finally have my internet!

Thanks for the support! :)

Quick update before I go to bed.

Don't mind the blood mark in one of the pics. >.> gotten better? I hope so... =/

post-141106-1294948093_thumb.jpg

post-141106-1294948139_thumb.jpg

Posted

My face looks like yours when i have very bad breakout!! Only just last year October i stopped eating dairy (milk, cheese, butter), wheat (bread/pasta) food and my skin improved alot. The small bumps i was getting were dying off and my skin was feeling alot smoother. Have you tried cutting certain food out of your diet? plus, i don't eat anything with nuts or too much sugar/salt 'cause i think that makes my acne worse. I definitely think diet is linked to my acne.

Posted (edited)

Hey bud,

2. Dan's BP regime (again, worked temporary then came back) [a month then stopped.]
Edited by airforceone

Posted

man stop poppping ur pimples and dont touch your face. Go see a dermatologist, get on some antibiotics and a topical cream, or get on accutane. 3 months you will be much better