Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

What About Allograft Dermis for Scars?

That looks interesting, I may print it and bring it to Dr. Y on Monday if he decides punch floats woudn't work to plump up the scar tissue right. My scars sounds similiar to the one they are talking about in the article. I like the part at the end where it says it's not too expensive also laugh.gif

John, Anytime.. Hey Tricia, let me know what Dr. Y. says. I had a consult with him 3 weeks ago but didn't really get a chance to ask him much else other than dermabrasion. Thanks. -Nic

I am surprised not many people responded to this thread.This sounds amazing !!!

But the article was dated back in 1999.........so it's not "new".And if it is as good as it sounds,then how come the Docs are not using this method??Are there any before/after pictures ?Let's look into this deeply,I'll do some research and see what I can find.Thanks for the info,Falnhart!!!! bb_eusa_clap.gif

Hi, I actually did this allograft with Dr Burres mentioned in the article. And I am prety happy about the result. I did like 50-60 big indented scars. Now if I do it again, maybe 6-7 are necessary, all the rest are so much smaller.

allex,

when you say that you're pretty happy with the results, what do you mean exactly? do you have any pictures? maybe you could describe what the results were like...did the implant eventually become reabsorbed to some degree? were there any scars left behind from the insertion point?

thanks,

john