Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know my acne is getting worse even though I don't want to accept it. It seems as though accutane has just stopped working for me. As much as I try to look on the brightside of things I am so fuckng depressed that I don't ever want to go out of my house again. The only and I mean only thing that gives me hope is reading The Bible. I am scared that if somehow I can't find solice in that anymore I truely will take my own life. I don't understand what happened with the accutane, and can't see much of a reason to live now that my acne has caused me to be a hermit. This truely is the burden in my hand.

keep using it man,might start to kick in,im fcking depressed too i just broke out again,really annoying,

wish u the best of luck, my lucks gone lol hoping to be normal by december, i needa grow my hair back,get rid of scars and acne all by december sum wedding but much larger and lots of people i dont no and lots of bright lights sad.gif

Take a look at your pictures on page 1 of your diary.

Then look in the mirror. Tell me that accutane hasn't improved your acne. Would you honestly switch the way you look now for how you did then?

Of course you're going to have breakouts here and there, it's going to be part of it, but it's so much better than it was, judging by your pics.

It's like my derm told me - we all get 'greedy' and want too much improvement, too soon. Keep going man, don't give up - at least you're one of the people who has been allowed to go on 'tane - there are so many other people, for however many different reasons, that can't. You've got the opportunity now - you haven't finished the accutane course yet, give it time, it will keep improving.

I know it's fcking hard sometimes, but I've been there, I was literally a hermit, like you say, for months on end.

It's really, really hard to keep re-assuring you, and equally hard for you to actually believe anything when someone says 'it will get better', but it's true.

Accutane has improved your acne so much - it will only keep doing so - but since when have things ever been straighforward, in anything? bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't give up hope man, please.

Everyday it feels like I'm getting nowhere and acne has stole another day of my youth, but the thing thats keeps me going is the fact that I know one day I will be clear-ish and at this time I wil be so happy and enjoy life.

Keep fighting this shit, you've made alot of improve and been through ALOT since April, so don't give up now becuase you can beat it and life will be even sweater when you're clear and not taking it for granted, a lesson acne has taught us.

Vince i just checked out your pictures and you have NO reason to complain, your skin is great, consider yourself lucky mate biggrin.gif

Ps the girl in the skirt is that your sister or girlie? wink.gif

Hey Vince, Tired of acne is right, you should consider yourself lucky.

When i first started accutane, you should have seen the state of my face, 2 derms told me i was the worst they had ever seen. I had infected cysts and abcesses. It was horiffic, really disgusting. The accutane made me a lot worse, if you can believe that. Eventually it completely cleared my acne.

I know that if you stick to it, it will probably work for you a lot quicker than it did for me, just hang in there. I know what it is like to be a hermit as you described. I am acne free (so far) but my scars are so bad that i never leave the house.

Hopefully now you can see that your acne really isnt that bad after all, there are people a lot worse off than you, so just try to be patient.

That is the problem my friend because when I look in the mirror I see the most disgusting person in the world. Accutane caused me to get scars and that is definitely true. How lon gdid accutane take to clear you? Maybe my new derm will be able to help me. I am not going out of my house until I see him on Monday. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is so hard. I have a new picture of my ass face.

Wow Geordie I am really sorry and pissed that this fucking bullshit happened to you. I don't understand why this shit is happenin gto us and I guess we are never mean to. This is so hard man, it's such a weight on our shoulders.

Thanks enter the dragon, my life sucks right now. I hope the accutane works for you mate, it worked for me and i had it a lot worse than you so just be patient.

I am still researching treatment for my scars, but anyway i hope you get the results you are looking for soon.

I'm sure it won't make you feel any better, but I am going to have scars also. There are so many people on here who had bad scars and have come a long way. Whena nd if I get clear I am going to have to deal with scars too which is just as much bullshit. Even when you beat acne, it's wake still fucks you over.

I agree, i feel that the scars i have are a million times worse than the acne i had. Especially in my case, i thought infected cystic acne that lasted for 4 years was bad... the scars are so much worse. Although i doubt very much yours will be bad. still, i wish more effort was put into finding better treatments for scars.

THINK of it this way; There are MANY people who are in a far worse condition than you are. Whats all this BULLSHIT about taking your life?....You'll put your parents through hell if you do....So what if you have acne...big FUCKEN deal....everybody here does....

Timothy, everyone on this board is immune to the "so what" argument about skin. Also, check out this guy's gallery. He is standing up to some serious shit here. I agree, however, that taking one's life is selfish and NOT a good idea whatsoever.

But either way, suicide should never be an option. I'd much rather just keep fighting.

Yo Vince, i know what you are going through, honestly i do! i've been off of accutane for 4mths now, and my face is starting to break out again, which is absoloutly fukin shit! also i have a face full of ugly scars and masses of red marks, the only normal part of skin i have is on my nose, i keep telling myself it will get better, and easier, but it never does, i have not left the house for 11months, i just hibernate in my room all day, and i have no intension of ever leaving this house, for a couple of years yet, there's no way i could ever let anyone see me looking like this! NO WAY! i would have a panick attack! i know how you feel about wanting to kill yourself, cos i feel the exact same, i dont want to have to feel like this day in, day out. Even just getting out of bed in the moring is an absoloute mission.

AAAAARGH!!!! why me!!!!

Yo Vince, i know what you are going through, honestly i do! i've been off of accutane for 4mths now, and my face is starting to break out again, which is absoloutly fukin shit! also i have a face full of ugly scars and masses of red marks, the only normal part of skin i have is on my nose, i keep telling myself it will get better, and easier, but it never does, i have not left the house for 11months, i just hibernate in my room all day, and i have no intension of ever leaving this house, for a couple of years yet, there's no way i could ever let anyone see me looking like this! NO WAY! i would have a panick attack! i know how you feel about wanting to kill yourself, cos i feel the exact same, i dont want to have to feel like this day in, day out. Even just getting out of bed in the moring is an absoloute mission.

AAAAARGH!!!! why me!!!!

yeah my skin is still pretty sensitive, and i doubt very much the regimen would work for me, as i used to use benzol peroxide when i was still at school for very mild acne that i had, and it didnt work one little bit, it just aggravated my skin.

My face just keeps getting worse and worse. Unfortunately I can't hide inside my house anymore because of college. My mom thinks I'm all excited to go, but on the inside I am in constant pain and crying. Killing myself seems more and more relevant every single day. WOW ACCUTANE IS MAKING ME LOOK WORSE NOW, GREAT JUST FUCKING GREAT. I GUESS IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME.

how long have you been on accutane? i used to think it didnt work for me because i got worse before i got better. eventually it worked for me. but now i have stopped taking it i have broken out again ph34r.gif

Crooked i used the BP for about a year and a half.

Vince it took 5mths for the accutane to stop my acne, it will work for you, it just might take a little longer, i just hope that once you are off of the tane, your acne doesnt come back with avengance, like it is with me, its soul destroying! i thought my acne days were finally over, and that i could get started on treating my scars! No such fuking luck!

my acne was a lot worse than yours believe me, it took me like 5-6 months, then my skin became dry and the spots slowly but surely vanished. I was on 50mg.