Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleks_hopethisworks

Ex-accutaners now Retin-a log

Hello everyone, My name is Aleks and here i am starting a new log.

I took a 5 month course of accutane which cleared me completely, i finished in mid october. But since the end of my course i have been getting small clogged pores which turn into little red pimples. This is really starting to bug me because i didnt go through all the side effects of accutane just to have pimples again after 1 month!

I seem to be getting most of these clogs around my t-zone- particularly around my nose and under my eye socket. However, a couple of days ago i got one on my cheek which was the last straw as i had bad acne on my cheeks which caused me to go on accutane so i wasnt going there again!

So here is my new regimen including the retin a i got from my GP on friday.

Morning-

Cleanse- No7 beautifully balanced cooling gel cleanser for Combo/Oily skin

Moisturise- No7 Beautifully clear moisturising serum for blemish free skin

Night-

Cleanse- No7 beautifully balanced cooling gel cleanser for Combo/Oily skin with Champneys Brush Cleanser

Tone- No7 beautifully balanced toner for Combo/Oily skin

Treat- Retin a

Allow to sink in for 30mins

Moisturise- No7 Beautifully clear moisturising serum for blemish free skin

The Moisturising serum has a natural form of salicylic acid in it called willow bark which the lady at the No7 counter told me wouldnt be harsh at all so it should be ok to use with the retin a.

I really hope this clears me once and for all. It would be really great it anyone could think of an improvement to make to this regimen. I really wouldnt be offended or anything!

Thanks for reading :)

Aleks xxx