Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo

MemberMember
(@laughnlove4978)

Posted : 11/28/2010 4:12 am

Hey everyone!

So I have used Epiduo for two months, and my skin is almost completely clear and I am very happy with the results. Before starting the treatment, I had sooooooo manny little pimples on my forehead (my dermatologist said they were clogged pores), but now they are all gone!

I have read that some of you have been having a problem with the irritation that comes with Epiduo. That happened with me at the beginning (burning, itching, peeling, redness, etc.). I would put a pea size amount on my face every night, but it would hurt so bad that I almost gave up using it altogether. So I decided to just put the Epiduo ONLY on the parts of my face with pimples (which was certain areas of my forehead), and the pain became much more bearable and eventually went away. As for the peeling, that part is kind of part of the process and as much as it sucks its kind of unavoidable. To help moisturize my skin (which actually almost got rid of all of the dryness) I used Aveeno oil free face lotion. But I will warn you that putting lotion on that sensitive dry skin of yours might not be the most comfortable, but it's worth it to get rid of that icky peeling skin.

If anyone has any questions regarding my use/experience with Epiduo, feel free to ask! Now here's what I'm wondering: now that my skin is clear, what do I use to maintain it? Because after my skin cleared I went off Epiduo, but about a month later I started getting pimples again. Because of this I am currently using Epiduo to try to get rid of them but I would love to know if anyone has any suggestions and experiences regarding what to use after they go away... because obviously I can't just stop using Epiduo... but then again I don't want to have to use Epiduo forever! It's expensive and it's annoying! So let me know your thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@aleks_hopethisworks)

Posted : 11/28/2010 10:12 am

Hey everyone!

So I have used Epiduo for two months, and my skin is almost completely clear and I am very happy with the results. Before starting the treatment, I had sooooooo manny little pimples on my forehead (my dermatologist said they were clogged pores), but now they are all gone!

I have read that some of you have been having a problem with the irritation that comes with Epiduo. That happened with me at the beginning (burning, itching, peeling, redness, etc.). I would put a pea size amount on my face every night, but it would hurt so bad that I almost gave up using it altogether. So I decided to just put the Epiduo ONLY on the parts of my face with pimples (which was certain areas of my forehead), and the pain became much more bearable and eventually went away. As for the peeling, that part is kind of part of the process and as much as it sucks its kind of unavoidable. To help moisturize my skin (which actually almost got rid of all of the dryness) I used Aveeno oil free face lotion. But I will warn you that putting lotion on that sensitive dry skin of yours might not be the most comfortable, but it's worth it to get rid of that icky peeling skin.

If anyone has any questions regarding my use/experience with Epiduo, feel free to ask! Now here's what I'm wondering: now that my skin is clear, what do I use to maintain it? Because after my skin cleared I went off Epiduo, but about a month later I started getting pimples again. Because of this I am currently using Epiduo to try to get rid of them but I would love to know if anyone has any suggestions and experiences regarding what to use after they go away... because obviously I can't just stop using Epiduo... but then again I don't want to have to use Epiduo forever! It's expensive and it's annoying! So let me know your thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, its great that you got clear using the epiduo! 🙂

I just wondered if you got an initial breakout? and if you did where did you get the breakout and how bad it was?

Sorry for all the qu 🙂 My log is the Ex-accutaners if you were interested 🙂 xxx

MemberMember
(@southerngurl)

Posted : 07/05/2011 1:44 am

laughnlove4978

Thank you for sharing your success story about Epiduo. My doctor prescribed it a week ago and I have been using it nightly. I'm glad to hear that it worked for you! How long did it take to see results? I'm getting married in 2 months and am praying for clearer skin by then.

Thanks so much

MemberMember
(@southerngurl)

Posted : 09/27/2011 1:55 am

Update from 7/2011 post: I did as I said and was CONSISTENT with the epiduo. Honestly this is the 1st time that I have given any acne medicine (except for accutane) more than 3-4 weeks before giving up on it. I'm so glad i did! My acne is much improved. I have not been getting any breakouts and the acne that I did have has really cleared up. It's been about 2.5 months. I did go off of it for one week during my honeymoon b/c I forgot to pack it. I had a few breakout after that week. However, my epiduo cleared them right up. I'm so thankful to be acne free (now just working on the scar tissue damage) and even though it seems like i'll have to keep using epiduo to stay this way (it's quite expensive) I will do it! Being acne free is worth almost any amount of $$ to me! The key to this is to get beyond the first 2 weeks (dry, burning, peeling) when epiduo seems to be shedding your skin. After that it will work wonders!

MemberMember
(@capture)

Posted : 09/27/2011 2:59 am

Epiduo blocked my pores. Did it heal your red marks though?

MemberMember
(@mmnycgirl)

Posted : 12/18/2013 9:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I have recently started epiduo and really would like some advice. I am currently in the 4th week of use and i don't know if it is working. I know it has to get worse to get better but it is really discouraging to see my face gross with more pimples. I do not use any makeup and am currently 15. I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I am hoping that this works but honestly, I am losing hope. How long does it take? (I know it differs for everyone)

Thank you so much! Good luck with your epiduo

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/31/2014 3:47 am

i used differin 4 years ago and it cleared my skin after 4 months. i stopped using it for 2-3 years. last june my acne came back but not as bad as before. i also can't use differin anymore cause i developed an allergy to it. my derm gave me a sample of epiduo. i applied it the other night and the next day my cheeks were red and slightly itchy. should i continue with it? or stop it altogether?

MemberMember
(@zach128)

Posted : 02/01/2014 12:00 pm

Check out my aczone and EPIDUO log.

I advise you use it with an antibiotic. It worked wonders for me until my recent breakout.

MemberMember
(@cackfod)

Posted : 09/24/2014 3:42 pm

It definitely helps acne.. I have been using it for about a month now and I'm pretty sure I had the initial breakout last week! Hopefully thats the last of it.. prob not!