Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had moderate acne for 5 years now, started using tazorac last week. for those who have used it or are using it now, how effective do you think it has been for you?

I've been on it for a few weeks now. So far, I can't complain. I've been pretty clear for the past week. I have a few minor and I mean minor zits. I'm still oily, but I like it so far. Around week 4 is when the most improvement is supposed to occur. Definitely stick with it. There will be some redness and peeling in the beginning, but it will fade. I don't peel at all anymore.

hey, i've been using tazorac for about seven weeks now. i've seen a lot of improvement. just a lot of left-over red marks now. you can check out my pictures in the gallery. i think i'm on page nine or ten. are you taking any other perscriptions?

I'm clearing up and I believe Tazorac has alot to do with it... I'm on minocycline and tazorac at the moment. I've been on Tazorac for about nine weeks now.

been usin it for a week an i still peel, not as much tho, and ive broken out a bit...tazorac is the only thing im putting on my skin...so i try an stick with it?

yup, stick with it for at least 12 weeks. unless you notice that the skin is still worsening after 4-6 weeks. try moisturizing, i just started moisturizing my 7th week in. i wish i would've done it earlier.

I am on Tazorac 0.1% gel and I noticed positive result after only a few weeks. At this point (two months or so) I am seeing almost no negative side effects and my face is nearly clear. I have no large pimples, only the really small ones that you barely notice.

The thing with Tazorac, and any other topical for that matter, is that if you apply too much of the medication you often get negative results. The key is to apply exactly the right amount and apply it as evenly as possible over the entire face. The directions say a pea sized amount and they mean it. Less is more. I speak from experience. It took me a few weeks of using the Tazorac to figure that out. If you are seeing negative side effects or not seeing the progress you would like try lowering the dosage.

Good luck.

Is tazorac ment for acne or can it be used for blemishes? If i just have blemishes should i just leave my face alone and stop the tazorac?

I assume you mean red marks when you say blemishes? I find that the tazorac helps to fade red marks more quickly. Tazorac makes your skin shed old cells and renew itself faster so it makes sense.

what do you mean by negative results?

i've been using it for 3-4 months now and i get no irritation from it. Thus, i smear it on very generously. im wondering if thats a bad thing.

I've liked the Tazorac. I have been using it for about a year now. The .05 gel. I wonder how it would have helped with oiliness if I were younger. There is like no oil now. I don't know if it is the Taz or that I am getting older.

smile.gif

it's supposed to be the strongest topical medicine on the market for acne. um, works for many that iv'e seen.

gluck p8rtner

Unfortunately, I've had only slight success so far with Tazorac (I have been implementing the regimen for about 6 months as of today). I've seen a reduction in blackheads, however my cysts have not been effectively reduced.

I had been using the topical gel along with prescription Minocycline twice daily. It appears that Tazorac works well with moderate acne, but is less effective against severe cystic acne.

I'm switching to Accutane as of this week... bb_neutral.gif

i can't stress enough how well tazorac works well with proactiv...there is alot of peeling but its only if u have pimples on ur face, once u get clear, the shedding stops or minimizes. i urge u to try this regimen before going on accutane. all along i thought that this regimen didnt work with the success i wanted and i was sooo close to going on accutane, but i realized that my cysts were being caused by shaving so i switched razors and now things r looking great. im using the money i was gonna use on accutane for laser eye surgery to finally get rid of my glasses, something that really needed my attention for years now.

Thanks a lot for the advice, Rixter. I also tend to have worse cyst breakouts after a shave. Different razors seem to be of little use. Unfortunately, I was on ProActiv/Taz for close to a year. I do like the Pro Activ lotion (2.5 bp, I think), and the shower cream works well as an exfoliant. But I just didn't see much improvement.

It was like my Taz story...good results on the blackheads and small acne, but ineffective on my back, neck, and larger acne. I had used Differin, which was slightly better on my cysts, but after 8 weeks there was little reduction in either the severity of the cysts or the number I had. So I switched to Taz/PA and now I'm switching to Accutane.

The circle continues, sadly.

Tazorac has been the best medication I've ever had, and I've had a lot. It is important that you get into a regular schedule with it (every night, every other night, whatever) and don't vary too much. Also, wait at least an hour after showering or washing up before putting it on. If your skin is damp, it will sting a lot more. After a while, the redness and oiliness gets a lot better. And it took me about 6 weeks, but my skin did clear up a LOT on Tazorac.