Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel like i do everything right, yet I still have acne. Its so frustrating.

I wash twice a day with a mild cleanser for sensitive skin. I moisturize. I exfloiate. I eat a healthy, vegetarian diet rich in fruits and veggies. I drink so much water--you can't even imagine!! I change my pillocases. I also exercise A TON!!--mostly swimming. And I've worked very hard to lower my stress levels. Yet i still break out all over my face, all the time.

Doesn't it hurt, when you see the gaze of the person you're talking to wander all over your face, like they're connecting dots??

Anyone else feel the same??

Though you still have acne, do you have healthy complexion and smooth, healthy skin otherwise because of the good care you're taking of your skin? How long have you been taking good care like this? It may take awhile to see results.

Trust me when I tell you, you're not alone.

I hated overhearing people talking about which products they use on their face, and how it's the best for getting rid of acne. I especially hate the numerous acne product commercials, telling you how good they are...

Just don't let the acne consume you. You're your hardest critic. Sure you might get the odd comment/stare (we all do), but that's nothing. I feel as though acne has made me a stronger person in a sense. The thing is, some people can cure their acne with one product, and others simply can't find a cure. Keep looking though. It's good that you're eating healthy.

The sad truth is some people can't do much to get rid of their acne. And this is why the acne companies are so profitable. Remember, if you're a teen then it should pass once you get older. I know this is easier said then done, and it can take a while before you reach this point, but try not to let it bother you as much. Acne doesn't affect our lives in a big way. It's our own choices that do.

yupp.. EVERY SINGLE person i talk to just stare all at my acne when i talk to them..

all i do is just give them this real hypnotizing stare.. it's like i'm staring right into their pupils looool. but unfortunately i don't have the superpowers to hold their eyes on mine :(

I feel the same way. I have always been nothing but good to my skin. Cleansing twice a day, exfoliating, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, moisturizing with an SPF, and not touching my face. All of that seemed to work until I turned 27 and my face became a warzone. So now i've gone from using simple over the counter products to prescriptions from my dermatologist. It is very frustrating and disheartening because I do not know what else I can do.

i know exactly what you mean. today i was making line at this store and this lady just kept on staring at me like if it was her first time seeing a pimple...i got kinda annoying so i turned around and looked straight at her and she was STILL looking at my face...wtf ppl need to mind their own business:/

I do everything right too. But I still got spots and my red marks/PIH are taking their sweet time to heal. I don't know how to do things differently, but I do know stressing about it doesn't help. And I do notice that the rest of my skin that isn't broken out is quite lovely (I'm 30, but with few wrinkles, lots of elasticity, no sagging/laugh lines, and even tone outside of the red marks). And my digestion is good, I am very fit (size 2-4), and I have a very nice figure. I get less headaches and I'm not sleepy during the day because I cut out refined grains and sugar. I'm gonna be a very vital middle aged person! I try to look on the bright side. It doesn't always work, but it's better than the dark side. Do you think the positive life changes you've made to help your acne have helped your quality of life in other ways?

When someone looks at my spots when they are talking to me, sometimes I adjust the angle of my face but maintain my eye contact, which is subtle way to draw attention back to the eye/nose triangle. I maybe step a bit closer/talk a little louder. I read in one of those body language books that it's a key way to keep the other person focused on what you are saying, rather than get distracted.

Heh well I get the teaser acne...clear all thru the summer like perfection and the 2nd the seasons change I break out disgusting all around my chin just for the first month of the winter. Than I have to go back to using prescription meds and I finally get clear again. But who the fuck wants to live off meds and shit. I hate having to apply topical ointments and stuff, wish I could just splash some water on and be out instead of take an hour washing my face just because there's like 823475802375234 steps.

sometimes restricting your diet so much is the worst thing you can do. Unless you're taking high-dose supplements, you'll probably be deficient in vitamins/minerals especially since you're exercising so much. Not eating meat gave me the worst acne I ever had. Meat is definitely a good thing in terms of acne.

Don't worry about it. It takes time for it to come in effect. I realized the more I worry/stress the more acne I get.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

yea but how long are u doing this? and what was your routine before? bcs u see..well i hate to say this and it sucks..but maybe u have to wait some longer for effects and maybe u still are at detox phase btw? :/

you're almost there

http://www.acneresearch.org/

make sure you are sleeping 8+ hours & you take time to sit outside & look at the clouds pass by on a sunny day (keep the sun in your peripherals) so your eyes can take in sunlight without glasses or contacts.

keep up the hard work, i'm sure it will pay off!