Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acneminator

Is it possible to have IB on low dosage ?

I'm on my 9th day and having same dosage as you. Skin starting to become dry and some whiteheads and pimples just popped out.

I think you will get IB no matter what but it all depends on the dosage. I would think it will only last for a couple days.

oil has visibly been reduced. today is my 10th day and still have pimples filled with pus kept popping out and slight bumps have been noticed. blackheads are surfacing on my nose.

yeah and accutane helps with the cystic acne. it makes it become smaller.

is this your first course?

oil has visibly been reduced. today is my 10th day and still have pimples filled with pus kept popping out and slight bumps have been noticed. blackheads are surfacing on my nose.

yeah and accutane helps with the cystic acne. it makes it become smaller.

is this your first course?

today would be one week into the course , yes this is my first time doing it , i was afraid to do it when i was 17 .. and i gave up i want to give accutane a try i'm 21 now and my acne is not that active compared to 3 years back ... i have 4-5 cystic acne few pimples ... and red marks .... i'm glad that accutane helps with your cystic acne ,, i think the low dosage does not help that much ,,, i hope the doctor presribe me with a higher dosage of accutane and hopefully i can see the difference .... both of us just started and hopefully we both will see the end result in 4-5 months down the road .is this your first course ?

sad to say, I think this is the 4th time i'm on accutane or not 5th. lost count. I started my first course when I'm 17. I took for 6 mths I think.

Here is the breakdown:

1st course: Age:17

2nd course: Age: 19

3rd course: Age: 20

4th course: Age : 22

Current course: age 23

It worked for me and after at least 6 mths-9 mths, it came back. I only had dosage of 20mg/day when I'm 17. the rest were 10mg/day. I just didn't know why it keep coming back.

After accutane, I merely wash my face twice daily with a normal cleanser that you can find off the shelves. No moisturiser or any other special products.

sad to say, I think this is the 4th time i'm on accutane or not 5th. lost count. I started my first course when I'm 17. I took for 6 mths I think.

Here is the breakdown:

1st course: Age:17

2nd course: Age: 19

3rd course: Age: 20

4th course: Age : 22

Current course: age 23

It worked for me and after at least 6 mths-9 mths, it came back. I only had dosage of 20mg/day when I'm 17. the rest were 10mg/day. I just didn't know why it keep coming back.

After accutane, I merely wash my face twice daily with a normal cleanser that you can find off the shelves. No moisturiser or any other special products.

What i think that why your acne came back is either your dosage is too low , or your hormones are raging when you're at a younger age therefore accutane did a temporary effect .. now you're 23 i think Accutane should be working better now ...i count my self as severe cystic acne .. and my face is not dry but only the pimples and cystic acne is drying . ... i'll keep you posted ... btw how many mg you were put on now ? ... and when is you next appointment with your derm ?

my next appointment will be on Dec 19. Perhaps its really due to hormones? But taking a course for 4 times isn't it scary?

Normally, people take it at most twice and they are clear for life. I need to take it for 4/5 times. It's really very depressing.

I'm having 10mg/day.

Anyway, is there any way to control hormones? or it will just stabilise as you gets older?

wat ya think?

my next appointment will be on Dec 19. Perhaps its really due to hormones? But taking a course for 4 times isn't it scary?

Normally, people take it at most twice and they are clear for life. I need to take it for 4/5 times. It's really very depressing.

I'm having 10mg/day.

Anyway, is there any way to control hormones? or it will just stabilise as you gets older?

wat ya think?

Wow dec 19 .. my next appointment is on dec 15 ... yeah i think your's is related to hormones .. i think most of acne sufferers are related to hormones issue .. too much androgen caused oily skin and clog pores . ...i think 4 or 5 times should be okay you're on low dosage . and when you did it you started at a very young age , a low dosage of accutane does not help much with the maturities of sebaceous oil glands ...it will stabilise in the future as you grow older , you wont produce so much oil anymore . at this age your acne should have started to go away . oh yeh and please remember your diet plays a very important role in hormones and stuff ... make sure you eat healthy foods ... after accutane then you can start eating all sorts of crap .....lots of veggies and fibers less meaty food ....

Anyway i have acne since 17 too ,, my acne cleared up at 19 and i had very veryyy clear skin , e girls are impressed with my skin , 1 year of good looking skin , and then out of a sudden my acne came back and it hits me hard . my mom was terrified too ..and i got depressed and stuff ..i told my gf about it and she recommended me to a derm .. and i said topical treatments doesnt work anymore she prescribe me on generic accutane ..Roaccutane is too expensive ....

Hey i suggest you tell your derm about your past experience ... tell him/her if you need a higher dosage of accutane because the last few course didnt work .... if you've been going to the same derm since you were 17 , maybe i think you should ask other derm's opinions ..you can still stick with your derm but just get some opinion from derms available at your place ....

How's your skin doing ???? on 10mg per day ?? still break out .... i just broke out another pimple oh LORD

my skin's doing ok with lots of blackheads on my nose. pimples on my cheeks have not yet cleared up and it became very red when I look at myself in school compared to at home.

Is it because of the sun? or maybe I just got tensed up(psychological) thinking people are looking at my acne and made me feel very hideous.

The highest dosage I took in the past was just 20mg/day.

One question I have in mind is WHAT IF someone with clear skin takes up accutane? will he/she break out like us? accutane causes breakout to acne skin or all skins? hmm...

whats the severity of your acne? do you have any pics of your cheeks or forehead?

my skin's doing ok with lots of blackheads on my nose. pimples on my cheeks have not yet cleared up and it became very red when I look at myself in school compared to at home.

Is it because of the sun? or maybe I just got tensed up(psychological) thinking people are looking at my acne and made me feel very hideous.

The highest dosage I took in the past was just 20mg/day.

One question I have in mind is WHAT IF someone with clear skin takes up accutane? will he/she break out like us? accutane causes breakout to acne skin or all skins? hmm...

whats the severity of your acne? do you have any pics of your cheeks or forehead?

when you get tensed up your face flush and it tends to be red . dont feel hideous . although sometimes i do felt it but i said to myself comforting myself that this would be over in few months time and we'll be happy then

I do not think someone with clear skin would take accutane but if they do i think they will get only a few pimples thats all .accutane caused breakout to most ppl with acne skin because of our abnormal rate of oil glands . what accutane does is dry out the oil gland by speeding up the maturity process .

i did not take a picture of my acne yet ... my derm said i'm moderate /severe ... i only breakout on my cheeks .. how baout yours , do you have any pictures ... but i would like to post them up when i get my camera back

yeah I agree with you. I always try to comfort myself not to be tensed and it works. i came to realise that the more you are tensed the more your face will be red, eg; like you are in a heated argument or something.

so how are you doing right now Acneminator? have you seen your derm and get a new dosage or smth?

Edited by maxi8

yeah I agree with you. I always try to comfort myself not to be tensed and it works. i came to realise that the more you are tensed the more your face will be red, eg; like you are in a heated argument or something.

so how are you doing right now Acneminator? have you seen your derm and get a new dosage or smth?

HEYYAA .! long time no see . i'm doing good into week 2 going to see the derm in 10 days . so far i'm doing good all the pimples dried up and no more cystic acne growing . a few people said they saw difference on my face . they said it is very less red now . i think it is starting to heal ... so i'm thinking if the doctor is gonna increase my dosage ...i think my red marks are fading because the derm prescribe me with a AHA face wash ... which is good ... i think the next visit she'll give me a mask to repair skin

HEYYAA .! long time no see . i'm doing good into week 2 going to see the derm in 10 days . so far i'm doing good all the pimples dried up and no more cystic acne growing . a few people said they saw difference on my face . they said it is very less red now . i think it is starting to heal ... so i'm thinking if the doctor is gonna increase my dosage ...i think my red marks are fading because the derm prescribe me with a AHA face wash ... which is good ... i think the next visit she'll give me a mask to repair skin

whats the strength of your AHA face wash? I thought using that will make your skin more sensitive to sunlight?

I would think 10mg is good for me too. But if I would increase to 20 or 40, I think my skin will be even drier. Currently, it's just nice for me.

Hey there ... my lips are cracking now ... lol ... gonna finish 2 week and going into the 3rd week ... i'm doing good with 10mg ... no cycstic acne anymore .. only pimples ... but they come and go fast .... and they are tiny ... blackheads are coming out ..... oh i think the drug is working ... on 10mg ... that is awesome ... lesser side effects .....hey yeah i'm using moisturizer with SPF15 .... and i dont usually go out under the sun ... i'm avoiding the sun now .... =) cheers ....oh btw how are you doing .. how's th acne ?

my lips aren't cracking but my face is filled with dry skin and black,whiteheads. 10mg is good for me because I can see results within just 3 weeks of taking. Perhaps is because of my age and the previous number of times I have taken.

there are still some acne waiting to be purged out but it's no big problem. I'm praying that it will not do another IB during the 2nd month. I've heard a lot on forums here saying that first mth they were ok and clearing up, but 2nd mth it just came bursting out.

I only used a spf15 moisturiser if the sun is too glaring, else if it's rainy or gloomy I would go out without applying anything. But my moisturiser is purely for oily skin that I have bought previously, hopefully it won't affect my dry skin now. I'm using Acnes. what about you?

my lips aren't cracking but my face is filled with dry skin and black,whiteheads. 10mg is good for me because I can see results within just 3 weeks of taking. Perhaps is because of my age and the previous number of times I have taken.

there are still some acne waiting to be purged out but it's no big problem. I'm praying that it will not do another IB during the 2nd month. I've heard a lot on forums here saying that first mth they were ok and clearing up, but 2nd mth it just came bursting out.

I only used a spf15 moisturiser if the sun is too glaring, else if it's rainy or gloomy I would go out without applying anything. But my moisturiser is purely for oily skin that I have bought previously, hopefully it won't affect my dry skin now. I'm using Acnes. what about you?

hey most IB on the 2nd month is caused by the increase of dosage so sudden and so big .. like a jump form 10mg to 40 mg .... i dont think the derm would do that ... i'm working my way to clear skin now .. just finished 2 weeks ... gonna start the 3rd week before i see my derm in the last of 3rd week ....my lips crack , my face is not that dry .. normal ....using neutrogena moisturizer spf 15 , gonna changed to cetaphil ...... so how's your acne ?? still purging out ??? i only have blackheads and white heads coming out now ..no cycstic acne anymore .. only a few pimples thats all