Notifications
Clear all

My doctor doesn't even know what I have? 🙁

MemberMember
(@toddyo0o)

Posted : 11/25/2010 5:24 pm

Hey guys, I used to have severe acne on my back/shoulders and on chest ( thank god not a ton on my face) throughout my teens, I'm currently 19. I started to change my diet and started excersizing more often and my acne seemed to go from severe to light acne on my body. But I've worked so hard to try to make my skin clearer and yet I'm faced with another skin problem.

There are little white bumps all over my skin... I don't exaggerate when I say hundreds they are all slightly raised and some a little more than others. I'd almost describe it as permanent goosebumps. There are hundreds covering the span of my back, shoulders and chest, some one stomach but not many. It seems to be more prevalent in places where I used to have acne, although I'm not sure if that means its related or just that they target the same pores.

Anyways I'm probably talking too much , here's the pictures. If anyone has even an inkling of what it could be?

In that picture above you can see that it isnt too visible from far away (it's still visible but my cellphone camera sucks) .

and here are some close ups:

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 11/25/2010 5:25 pm

Hi! New members can't post links but you can upload the images as attachments.

it sounds like pityrosporum folliculitis, possibly. Try Nizoral shampoo or Head and Shoulders Shampoo, or even Selsun Blue as a body wash. leave on for a few moments and then rinse thoroughly.

MemberMember
(@toddyo0o)

Posted : 11/25/2010 5:29 pm

post-139080-1290723974_thumb.jpg

post-139080-1290723998_thumb.jpg

post-139080-1290724012_thumb.jpg

post-139080-1290724056_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 11/25/2010 7:06 pm

It does look a lot like a folliculitis. I'd try conservative treatments first, like the Nizoral, Selsun Blue, or Head and Shoulders. Exfoliation with a gentle loofah (not on the face, only on the body!), and maybe even some dilute apple cider vinegar every few days before a shower. Just apply with cotton ball or even washcloth. Let it sit for a bit, then shower like normal. The acidity is good for the skin.

For a bad enough folliculitis that does not respond to any of the above, your doctor could culture the exudate and determine if it's a fungus or bacteria or yeast problem to determine proper treatment.

MemberMember
(@foreverdoomed)

Posted : 11/26/2010 1:57 am

It does look a lot like a folliculitis. I'd try conservative treatments first, like the Nizoral, Selsun Blue, or Head and Shoulders. Exfoliation with a gentle loofah (not on the face, only on the body!), and maybe even some dilute apple cider vinegar every few days before a shower. Just apply with cotton ball or even washcloth. Let it sit for a bit, then shower like normal. The acidity is good for the skin.

For a bad enough folliculitis that does not respond to any of the above, your doctor could culture the exudate and determine if it's a fungus or bacteria or yeast problem to determine proper treatment.

hey wynne.

i booked an appointment to get my ( follicitus or whatever it is) cultured on my face. I was just wondering, i've been on almost all antibiotics and topicals.. and those are supposed to get rid of bacteria . So what else can the doc persribe? do you think he will prescribe accutane???? [ i hope soooooo]

OP. i have the same exact thing almost on my face. look at my post " accutane should be givenn" i have pictures of it on my FACEEE :[. just be thankful it's on your body only not on the face.

if i find a treatment i will tell you for suree!

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 11/26/2010 2:02 am

hey wynne.

i booked an appointment to get my ( follicitus or whatever it is) cultured on my face. I was just wondering, i've been on almost all antibiotics and topicals.. and those are supposed to get rid of bacteria . So what else can the doc persribe? do you think he will prescribe accutane???? [ i hope soooooo]

OP. i have the same exact thing almost on my face. look at my post " accutane should be givenn" i have pictures of it on my FACEEE :[. just be thankful it's on your body only not on the face.

if i find a treatment i will tell you for suree!

No, like I said in your other thread, your 'acne' isn't Accutane-worthy. A culture and sensitivity will determine what type of bug it is and the type of antibiotic to use. Different bugs - different antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@geowoman)

Posted : 11/26/2010 6:36 pm

I couldn't tell for sure by looking at the pictures because they were a bit unclear, but if these white bumps never go away and do not have anything you can squeeze out of them, I think what you have is a type of acne scarring called follicular macular atrophy or perifollicular elastolysis. You can find some info about it on the internet. I have this also on my shoulders and back from years of dealing with acne and severely oily skin. If this is what you have, I feel for you. I have researched and researched and there is really nothing that can be done about it.

MemberMember
(@anna-di)

Posted : 11/17/2015 3:24 pm

Hyfrication helps to some degree. makes them smaller in size and less visible.

This is the device I had them treated with http://www.conmed.com/mobile/brochures/hyfrecator-2000-brochure-8362RevC.pdf