Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meganwillnotpick

My doxycycline/clindamycin/differin log!

I'm already on my 3rd week or so of this regimen, but i thought i should keep a log.

i think im going through the initial breakout of retinoids and antibiotics. a lot of clogged pores have come out, but the acne on my cheeks is terrible! i pretty much only breakout on my cheeks, which is weird. i thought your cheeks were supposed to produce less oil! maybe its hormonal acne... i dont know. i have like 3-5 painful cystic pimples on each cheek. whenever my cheeks seem to start clearing up.. bam! i feel another lump under my skin. i want this "purge" to be over...

overall the texture of my skin is much improved, probably because the retinoids in Differin speed up the cell shedding, which helps with anti aging too. and a lot of my comedonal acne has gone away; i have less blackheads and clogged pores. although when the clogs are "coming out" they sit at the top of my skin for a while until they dry up and fall off. so i have a bunch of those too.

my cheeks look infected or something, the pus (sorry for the grossness) in them is like yellowish green. i didn't have pimples this bad before i started this regimen, but i just have to push myself through the purge, right?

I'm already on my 3rd week or so of this regimen, but i thought i should keep a log.

i think im going through the initial breakout of retinoids and antibiotics. a lot of clogged pores have come out, but the acne on my cheeks is terrible! i pretty much only breakout on my cheeks, which is weird. i thought your cheeks were supposed to produce less oil! maybe its hormonal acne... i dont know. i have like 3-5 painful cystic pimples on each cheek. whenever my cheeks seem to start clearing up.. bam! i feel another lump under my skin. i want this "purge" to be over...

overall the texture of my skin is much improved, probably because the retinoids in Differin speed up the cell shedding, which helps with anti aging too. and a lot of my comedonal acne has gone away; i have less blackheads and clogged pores. although when the clogs are "coming out" they sit at the top of my skin for a while until they dry up and fall off. so i have a bunch of those too.

my cheeks look infected or something, the pus (sorry for the grossness) in them is like yellowish green. i didn't have pimples this bad before i started this regimen, but i just have to push myself through the purge, right?

Hey I'm on pretty much the same prescription as you. I started doxy on oct 27th so that almost puts me at the one month point. My skin got a little better right away but then did a bit of a dip around week 2-3. Although I've stopped using the clindamycin I'm still seeing improvements in my 4th week. Check my log if you're interested. Anyways best of luck I'll prob stop by again to check your progress.

thanks for the reply! my skin is actually looking better today! oh and i looked at the receipts on my prescriptions and i started them around the end of October so i guess i've been on them for a about a month (not 3 weeks like i said before).

the active spots i have are going down. and i have no new actives! not much else to report... but i am seeing improvement. i think the purge may be ending! i hope so because whenever my skin starts clearing up i get some new spots. :shifty: