Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eazy^

Pumpkin pie

its almost thanksgiving and my house is flooded with the best pumpkin pie, how bad is this for a gluten sensative person cuz its sooo damn good.

Just scoop out the pumpkin part and don't eat the crust. I would probably have less problems eating just that part but that's just me. However, I would just avoid it altogether if you can.

Edit: I'm not even sure if I have gluten sensitivity because the tests these days are so inaccurate. I've had the worst reactions with anything with breading, stuffing****, pie crusts, etc. I don't remember having horrible reactions with regular bread although my digestion is always messed up so it's hard to tell.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

yea i usually break out in cysts from white bread and any other breaded products so i might just have to scoop the pumpkin part out,wasnt sure what kinda of crust it was but hey some is better than none lol.

Pumpkin pie is my favorite! I love it. I know it's so tempting to eat, and guess what, you can! I understand it may be too late if your going to be busy all day tomorrow. But know that you can make a perfectly safe crust as I do. The base of the crust is almond flour, you can google recipes and have a great healthy pumpkin pie for yourself, enjoy your holiday!

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but pumpkin pie could contain milk/dairy, so use caution and eat smart!

broke me out pretty bad, i cant belive 2 year ago i could eat a whole pie and not get one zit. now i eat 2 pieces and get a bunch of nodules

broke me out pretty bad, i cant belive 2 year ago i could eat a whole pie and not get one zit. now i eat 2 pieces and get a bunch of nodules

If you broke out that quickly...why do you think it's the pie? I could go eat a whole pie right now and probably not break out for a week. Sometimes it's hard to tell what breaks you out. I get new pimples everyday even when following a strict paleo diet.

Yeah if acne was that fast we'd all know what broke us out lol. Eat a piece of pie, walk into the bathroom, "What the F-" yeah, would be nice but not possible.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but pumpkin pie could contain milk/dairy, so use caution and eat smart!

Yeah, most (if not all) pies generally have evaporated milk, condensed milk or half and half.

Its probably too late, but you can substitute almond milk, since its thicker than some milk substitutes, i usually throw in a spoonful of corn starch to help it thicken up, and it turns out fine.

Yeah if acne was that fast we'd all know what broke us out lol. Eat a piece of pie, walk into the bathroom, "What the F-" yeah, would be nice but not possible.

Except it can?

I can go eat a bowl of ice cream right now and I WILL have a zit or two within 24 hours of consumption...

I cleared my skin up entirely through diet. The ONLY times I have ever gotten any spots is after consuming something out of the ordinary from the diet that keeps me clear. For instance, the first time I cheated, it was with some chips and salsa. My skin was 100% clear and the chips were the corn chips were the first grains I had eaten in months. I had these at about noon one day. I woke up the next day with 2 new spots. And not too long ago, I had a single chocolate cookie. (it was even made with gluten free flour). Again, my skin was 100% clear. The next morning, I had 3 new spots.

If you eat something you're allergic or sensitive to, it doesn't take the body an entire week to react, and in some of us, it doesn't take an entire week for irritations to show up either.

24 hours is different. That kid posted that what seemed within 3 hours on eating the pie.

I'm the same way, will react in 24-48 hours. Not as crazy as you though thank heavens. I cannot believe you eat a single cookie and get 3 new spots. A single cookie is like 1 gram of sugar, 25 calories, it's nothing. How would that spike 3 new spots? I dunno, not saying I don't believe you it's just crazy, sounds like you also do SOMETHING else to cause that. Possibly sex or something.

Edited by Thehoper