Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kevin N

2nd Accutane fight... Less that a year

Well I am back... I got off a 5 month course of accutane (60mg/day) in June of 2010. I started breaking out again in October (not bad at all) and my derm gave me BP face wash and clindamycin pads. That worked for a month, and now I am starting to break out again... Went to my derm, and I am going to go back on accutane starting next monday. I get my blood work tomorrow, and I can't wait for this nightmare to be over...

Questions: Will there be an IB for my second course? My face is 80% clear right now.

Will taking a second course help me to never have acne again? I cant take this drug twice a year for the rest of my life!

Thanks for reading, good luck to everyone else!

Hi Kevin

I understand what your going through I had the treatment 5 years ago and I am have a really bad reaccurnace and Im now 29 harder when your older. I think its the best treatment outthere but also scary to take again and again. I am starting same treatment tommorow, if it makes you feel better when you have clearer skin then I say have the treatment. If the derms thought it was bad having the teatment over and over they wouldnt give it you. Wish you luck

Lisa

Well i start 60mg/day on monday. I am already 90% clear. I am worried that I might not need accutane, but am happy that I will be kicking acne's ass pretty well again! Any thoughts on if this is a bad idea to do?

DAY 1

Well I started 60mg/ day today! I am very hopeful that the IB will be minimal or non existent. I sure hope this is my last time needing this drug.... Twice in one year is NOT GOOD! good luck everyone!

hey kevin! i'm in the exact same situation. i was on accutane until june 2010 and my face was 100% clear until october and i've been using retin-a but it's not really working. my acne is really minimal, but i got so used to flawless skin. i miss it. i'm seeing my derm next week and want to ask if i can go on accutane again, but i'm scared she wont prescribe a second course because it's so mild.

was it easy to get a second prescription from your derm even though your skin is like 90% clear?