Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunshine21

Is it counter-active to use BP and scar treatments?

I apologize if I'm asking a silly question.

I still break out a little, so I am working on controlling that with BP, but I'm worried it will make my scars more permanent since it slows down healing. Should I cut out the BP? It is working on keeping my acne down.

I apologize if I'm asking a silly question.

I still break out a little, so I am working on controlling that with BP, but I'm worried it will make my scars more permanent since it slows down healing. Should I cut out the BP? It is working on keeping my acne down.

lol it isnt a silly question at all. many of us break out when we undergo star treatments, especially when we stop the use of many topicals and introduce a lot of thick gluggy creams and the like.

i typically reintroduce BP into my system when im nearing the end of a treatment e.g. a few weeks to a month later, when im just left with the redness. i usually keep on healing, so i dont think it slows it down..although some other people here might have a different answer.

if worst comes to worst, you could always apply BP to the areas that arent healing :)

Thanks Gimme!

I think I might spot treat my scars with Vit C rather than smearing it all over. It doesn't break me out, but it will clog a pore or two every few days for me. Hopefully switching to spot treatment will keep that at bay.