Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefree24

NOTHING CURES ACNE FACT!

FOR THE MOST PART I THINK ITS PRETTY SAFE TO SAY THAT NOTHING REALLY CLEARS ACNE. IF YOUR BORN WITH THE ACNE GENE THAN YOUR PROBLABLY GANA BE STUCK WITH DEALING WITH ACNE TIL WHENEVER THAT GENE SAYS ITS TIME TO QUIT. BUT AFTER STRUGGLING WITH THIS ISSUE FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS IVE COMED TO THE CONCLUSION THAT NOTHING WILL CLEAR ME UP LONG TERM.. SHORT TERM YES BUT LONG TERM NO... LONGEST IVE BEEN ACNE FREE IN THE LAST 7 YEARS WAS PROBLABLY ABOUT 3 MONTHS. IM STILL WAITING FOR THE TIME I CAN SAY IVE BEEN CLEAR FOR YEARS. IM SURE MOSTLY ALL OF YOU WILL AGREE WITH MY THEORY

The first fact is that Cause of acne is unknown. Doctors believe that certain factors may cause it:. The increase in teenage hormones. This may cause the sebaceous glands block more frequently. Hormone changes during pregnancy. Start or stop taking birth control pills. If your parents genetic acne, you might get it. Certain types of drugs. Greasy make-up.

YAA UR RIGHT .I M SUFFERING FROMACNE LAST 8YRS. NOW I M 24\M BUT BEFORE ACNE THAT I LOOK IS NOT POSIBLE FOR ME TO GET IT BACK. I HAVE 3-4 ACNE SCARS ON MY CHICKS .WHAT R U TAKING RIGHT NOW?RPLY PLZ

YAA UR RIGHT .I M SUFFERING FROMACNE LAST 8YRS. NOW I M 24\M BUT BEFORE ACNE THAT I LOOK IS NOT POSIBLE FOR ME TO GET IT BACK. I HAVE 3-4 ACNE SCARS ON MY CHICKS .WHAT R U TAKING RIGHT NOW?RPLY PLZ

Well i was using dove unscented bar soap with dans aha but that showed very little results... so now i am using water and neutrogena clear pore astrigent with 2 percent salacylic acid.. just another product to add to the list of products ive already used. im being very optimistic with this new 1 though. Lets see how it works out for me

The first fact is that Cause of acne is unknown. Doctors believe that certain factors may cause it:. The increase in teenage hormones. This may cause the sebaceous glands block more frequently. Hormone changes during pregnancy. Start or stop taking birth control pills. If your parents genetic acne, you might get it. Certain types of drugs. Greasy make-up.

Actually your wrong it is know that acne is caused by clogged pores bacteria and a list of other factors. Now what is not known is why some people get acne while other people dont. If common sensed is used its pretty clear to see that genetics would be the most obvious culprit. For example a man who suffers from male pattern baldness usually inherets that from his father who also most likely suffered from male pattern baldness. Why? because his mpb genes where passed on to his son. Now same can be said for acne sufferers who have tried everything to clear their acne with little to no success. They have the acne gene and the gene is going to dictitate when they are going to be completly clear or not.

The first fact is that Cause of acne is unknown.

Actually your wrong it is know that acne is caused by clogged pores bacteria and a list of other factors.

And, from the NIH, which spends more money on acne research than you or I will earn in a lifetime: "No one knows exactly what causes acne."

i dont understand what you meant from your statement. Can you please elaborate?

Actually your wrong it is know that acne is caused by clogged pores bacteria and a list of other factors.

Yes, scientists have therorized certain mechanism that are implicated in the pathogenesis of acne, but they have not determined a root cause (i.e. what is causing this system to go haywire). So from now on, I would say "...acne is formed as a result of clogged pores bacteria and a list of other factors."

Edited by 03GT

Yes, scientists have therorized certain mechanism that are implicated in the pathogenesis of acne, but they have not determined a root cause (i.e. what is causing this system to go haywire). So from now on, I would say "...acne is formed as a result of clogged pores bacteria and a list of other factors."

exactly factors like the acne gene which all persistant acne sufferers are plagued with

I disagree with the OP. I suffered with acne for over 20 years. I can prevent acne with a healthly diet and vitamins (and it comes back if I don't follow that).

It depends if you consider things like the correct diet and vitamins (for you) a cure. I believe in it, and it works for me fine.

I have acne and not anyone else in my family did.... even when my parents we're younger nothing.. there are things that help reduce acne and help get clear skin, there are more reasons than just "oh you have the gene"

I have acne and not anyone else in my family did.... even when my parents we're younger nothing.. there are things that help reduce acne and help get clear skin, there are more reasons than just "oh you have the gene"

Than you might be 1 of the rare cases of someone getting the acne gene even though their is no family history of it.... The key word you said is reduce... Their have been many instances where i reduced my acne but have i completley been free and clear of it yet??? NO

I disagree with the OP. I suffered with acne for over 20 years. I can prevent acne with a healthly diet and vitamins (and it comes back if I don't follow that).

It depends if you consider things like the correct diet and vitamins (for you) a cure. I believe in it, and it works for me fine.

Really if thats the case than give me and all the sufferers of acne the recipie you used to clear your acne

Really if thats the case than give me and all the sufferers of acne the recipie you used to clear your acne

Low GL diet, no processed food at all, lots of healthy green veg, veg with vit A (sweet potatoes, carrots etc).

You could supplement with Vit A (be careful of quantities, read up online if you are considering taking more than 10,000 IU / day), maybe some B5 at first whilst the diet is taking course.

Its not instant, it will take a few months.

You can also prevent acne by taking very large doses of Vit A (or accutane) or B5, but I can't really support those unless you are under the supervision of a doctor or derm to keep an eye on you, as there are some large side effects.

Edited by wibble

Low GL diet, no processed food at all, lots of healthy green veg, veg with vit A (sweet potatoes, carrots etc).

You could supplement with Vit A (be careful of quantities, read up online if you are considering taking more than 10,000 IU / day), maybe some B5 at first whilst the diet is taking course.

Its not instant, it will take a few months.

You can also prevent acne by taking very large doses of Vit A (or accutane) or B5, but I can't really support those unless you are under the supervision of a doctor or derm to keep an eye on you, as there are some large side effects.

This may or may not work... Ive tried diet before yet it does help i wont deny that but does it get rid of it completley 100 percent i wouldnt go as far as to say that just yet

While I agree that diet plays a part in it, it only helps for a while for me. I recently turned 51 and this last summer was the worst one I can remember for a while. Still can't figure out what caused the break outs on my neck. All of august and most of oct. I had 6 to 7 zits on my neck that took forever to heal. And just recently I had 6 to 7 of them on my left cheek that I can't figure out what caused them. I write down everything that I eat 99% of the time and it hasn't been anything out of the norm for me. I know what will cause a massive break out, but I avoid that like the plague! When I hear its this or that, food, make up, stress, etc,etc, you get the point, I want to scream! Other than tane, I have tried it. It's my disfunctional system!!! My parents and my sister have the most amazing skin, no one my age or older that I know has acne. And now you can add the lines, wrinkles, puffiness to the mix and you got me. Am I angry? yes because I know that I will have this, this bane of my life for as long as I live! no matter what I do or don't do. Can't wait to see what my skin looks like when I am in my 60's! Elf

Than you might be 1 of the rare cases of someone getting the acne gene even though their is no family history of it.... The key word you said is reduce... Their have been many instances where i reduced my acne but have i completley been free and clear of it yet??? NO

I'm exactly the same as none of my family have ever battled with adult acne and yet i'm the only one who has zits. I'm convinced acne is an internal problem that needs to be fixed unless of course you are a teenager (with massive hormone fluctuations) or your acne is cosmetic (too many chemicals on your face). What i'm saying is there appear to be different causes for different people.

OP, there are lots of -causes- of acne, it just depends on the person, and you can't just go to a doctor and have them suddenly be like OH, YOUR ACNE IS FROM YOUR DIET, YOU SHOULD FIX THAT, because most doctors don't believe diet helps, or effects acne in anyway, but a LOT of people have cured their acne with diet alone.

Theres also hormonal acne, which is what most people think of when they hear about acne (Puberty, you'll grow out of it, don't worry etc etc)

Genetics. Yes, genetics effect acne like you said, but theres lots of people who have a family history of acne, and don't get it (Rare cases, but it happens) and vice versa.

Self inflicted acne, which is from people using harsh products when they would otherwise not have any need for it, and cause acne from irritation. its like taking medicine for serious medical issues when you don't have them, it just causes problems instead of fixing it.

And there really isn't a -CURE- for acne, theres lots of effective TREATMENTS, and some would even argue accutane is a cure, because it DOES cure some people, but not all.

Just because your acne is persistant, doesn't mean nothing will work for anyone else.

The only thing i will say diet does in the role of acne is if you eat a diet rich in vitamins minerals and nutrients than i believe this will help heal acne, redmarks, scars etc. faster than someone whos diet consist of eating nothing but junk food.

ZINC, B5, sunight and sleep...people don't realize a lot of foods and drinks inhibit the absorption of zinc. I would say in the near future we will find out low zinc levels and acne are related. i suggest people to take 50mg of zinc daily for a month and see what happens

I believe everyone's skin is different and you just have to find a system that works best for you that controls the acne so it's not on your entire face.

FOR THE MOST PART I THINK ITS PRETTY SAFE TO SAY THAT NOTHING REALLY CLEARS ACNE. IF YOUR BORN WITH THE ACNE GENE THAN YOUR PROBLABLY GANA BE STUCK WITH DEALING WITH ACNE TIL WHENEVER THAT GENE SAYS ITS TIME TO QUIT. BUT AFTER STRUGGLING WITH THIS ISSUE FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS IVE COMED TO THE CONCLUSION THAT NOTHING WILL CLEAR ME UP LONG TERM.. SHORT TERM YES BUT LONG TERM NO... LONGEST IVE BEEN ACNE FREE IN THE LAST 7 YEARS WAS PROBLABLY ABOUT 3 MONTHS. IM STILL WAITING FOR THE TIME I CAN SAY IVE BEEN CLEAR FOR YEARS. IM SURE MOSTLY ALL OF YOU WILL AGREE WITH MY THEORY

No product can cure acne. The only thing that can cure acne (or almost any disease or sickness) is your body. Your body heals itself and does an amazing job- you just have to let it. How? Stop supplying it with hundreds of thousands of toxins everyday. Stop eating things that we weren't meant to eat. Stop putting creams and lotions filled with chemicals on your skin. Supply your body with raw living foods (fruits, vegetables, soaked nuts/seeds), drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep and give your body a chance to do its job!

We weren't meant to have acne, diabetes, cancer etc etc ... it's what we've been eating that causes this stuff. Try cutting animal based products out of your diet for a month or two. Stop using acne creams and soaps (just use water once a day maximum). Drink 3 - 4 litres of water a day. Get 8 - 10 hours of sleep a night. Eat plenty of fresh fruits during the day and have a huge salad or green smoothie for dinner. Snack on soaked almonds, hemp seeds (you don't have to soak these) or sunflower seeds.

Many people have cured cancer, diabetes, acne and plenty of other diseases by switching to a raw food diet. Doctors that say diet has nothing to do with it aren't educated well enough in nutrition. They're educated to diagnose you and prescribe something that should relieve the symptom...that doesn't work and it never will.

Take control of your own health and let your body do the healing. It's the only long term solution/cure for anything.

No product can cure acne. The only thing that can cure acne (or almost any disease or sickness) is your body. Your body heals itself and does an amazing job- you just have to let it. How? Stop supplying it with hundreds of thousands of toxins everyday. Stop eating things that we weren't meant to eat. Stop putting creams and lotions filled with chemicals on your skin. Supply your body with raw living foods (fruits, vegetables, soaked nuts/seeds), drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep and give your body a chance to do its job!

We weren't meant to have acne, diabetes, cancer etc etc ... it's what we've been eating that causes this stuff. Try cutting animal based products out of your diet for a month or two. Stop using acne creams and soaps (just use water once a day maximum). Drink 3 - 4 litres of water a day. Get 8 - 10 hours of sleep a night. Eat plenty of fresh fruits during the day and have a huge salad or green smoothie for dinner. Snack on soaked almonds, hemp seeds (you don't have to soak these) or sunflower seeds.

Many people have cured cancer, diabetes, acne and plenty of other diseases by switching to a raw food diet. Doctors that say diet has nothing to do with it aren't educated well enough in nutrition. They're educated to diagnose you and prescribe something that should relieve the symptom...that doesn't work and it never will.

Take control of your own health and let your body do the healing. It's the only long term solution/cure for anything.

Spoken like a true raw vegananist...lol okay mr anwser me this 1 how can some people get away with eating a crappy diet and still have clear skin while others cannot? Also i would never turn 100 percent raw vegan because in the long run alot of raw vegenist become nutrient deficient in some areas.. Havent you noticed alot of raw vegan eaters look tired, skinny and malnutritioned.. well its because they problably are....

No product can cure acne. The only thing that can cure acne (or almost any disease or sickness) is your body.

Many people have cured cancer, diabetes, acne and plenty of other diseases by switching to a raw food diet.

I assume the people who cured cancer by switching to a raw food diet had NO medical treatment. If my assumption is correct I would be very interested to see the evidence to back your statement up. Also, how many people is "many"? I am intrigued by this and would like to know more.

To go back to the original poster, I am in total agreement that nothing really clears acne. My aunt is in her 80s and still has dreadful acne. I am in my 40s and still have dreadful acne. I am resigned to following my aunt and having dreadful acne for the rest of my life. We have tried every possible diet (including the raw food one). We have tried all the sensible sounding ideas and the stupid sounding ones (urine therapy as an example, which didn't work). We have also tried pretty much every pill, lotion and potion on the planet, both over the counter ones and dermatologist prescribed ones. Roaccutane only helped while we were actually taking it, the minute we finished the courses (yes, several courses) the acne immediately returned. We tried all these things for months to give them time to work. Nothing (apart from the months we were taking Roaccutane) made a difference. So if people can control (not cure) their acne by diet or whatever, that's fantastic. But some of us are not so fortunate.

Edited by Mimesy