Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

questions regarding enlarged pores or scarred pores

Guest Timehealsall

So i have been on the regimen for about 11 weeks and i keep getting these plugs on my nose. Well they all eventually peel off (either when i am cleansing or applying moisturizer, or when doing the jojoba exfoliation method). Most of these plugs seem to leave holes and i was wondering if there is anything that i can do to maybe close them? How long do they take to close if they were to close by themselves? Can it take months?

Also i heard many people say to use a mild aha to encourage closing them. My question is, how many times a week should i be using the AHA and how exactly would an aha help close these holes?

Guest Timehealsall
It sounds as though you have large pores that fill up with sebum. Have you tried retin-a to help keep them clean?

no i have not tried retina. I am actually VERY afraid to use retina after hearing horror stories of how it caused scarring and all that shit.

By the way, if you forcefully remove a plug, can this cause a scar? I mean rubbing it off with force, but pulling it out? I dont normally rub them off with force, but sometimes when i am doing the jojoba oil exfoliation method, i accidentally rub over a plug too hard with my hand and it comes off.

Any other suggestions, other than using retina

Guest Timehealsall
the fact they keep coming out is a good sign. it sounds like you are still going through the purging stage when your plugs will just keep coming out.

you are currently using the two most agreed upon methods on the site...exfoliation and the oil method. the oil method is great and i dont see why you wouldnt keep using it.

as for retin-a...if you are too scared to use it, then simply dont. you've been on this site long enough to know there are other things that peel the skin without the same risks. why dont you use Dan's AHA, in place of the retin-a and keep everything else the same.

also yes you may scar if you keep tampering with your acne. even rubbing it out may cause scarring, so just leave it alone. again, it comes back to hobbies..if you found something to do with your time, you wouldnt be sitting there all day wiggling out your blackheads, lol.

leave them alone and focus on something positive in your life.

now ive helped you, try and help other people on this site. the less you think about yourself, the happier you will be.

thanks for the response gimme gimme. I do not actually "rub" my acne out. I get massive dead skin on my nose and other areas where i apply BP, and i rub the dead skin out. Sometimes, i accidentally rub the plugs off as well. I should mention that whenever i rub the dead skin off, i never really get any bleeding or any of that.

Also regarding the blackheads, if the blackheads are underneath the skin, is it possible they can scar if you rub them?

Yea i do not rub my nose every day, more like once a week when it gets VERY dead skinnish/flaky.

I think I have just recently found a cure for my scarred pores.

For years now I have had a bunch of small holes all over my nose and around my upper cheeks. I am pretty sure these are what we would call scarred pores (black heads use to grow here).

So here's what I think has been starting to fix this. About a month and a half ago I decided to cut everything out of my skin care regime. In other words, I started doing NOTHING about my acne. I cut out BP and moisturizer. Cutting out moisturizer was what I think helped my scarred pores. My skin is already naturally very oily, so why use moisturizer? Anyway, after about a month of cutting out the moisturizer, these little scarred pores starting growing whiteheads out of them, or some type of serum. These whit heads are still there, I have been careful not to touch them. Eventually they will fall out and what is left is a little hole on my nose where the whitehead use to be. Eventually these holes heal and cover themselves up. It might be a little premature to say that these scarred pores are fixed, but so far so good.

I say give this a try and see how it goes.

Guest Timehealsall
I think I have just recently found a cure for my scarred pores.

For years now I have had a bunch of small holes all over my nose and around my upper cheeks. I am pretty sure these are what we would call scarred pores (black heads use to grow here).

So here's what I think has been starting to fix this. About a month and a half ago I decided to cut everything out of my skin care regime. In other words, I started doing NOTHING about my acne. I cut out BP and moisturizer. Cutting out moisturizer was what I think helped my scarred pores. My skin is already naturally very oily, so why use moisturizer? Anyway, after about a month of cutting out the moisturizer, these little scarred pores starting growing whiteheads out of them, or some type of serum. These whit heads are still there, I have been careful not to touch them. Eventually they will fall out and what is left is a little hole on my nose where the whitehead use to be. Eventually these holes heal and cover themselves up. It might be a little premature to say that these scarred pores are fixed, but so far so good.

I say give this a try and see how it goes.

holy shit. How long have you had these holes for?

Guest Timehealsall

also, can pores that are enlarged or scarred (i think both of these things means the same thing?) ever close up like years later?

Guest Timehealsall

just curious, but do some of your scarred pores look like icepicks? Its like some of mine are like 3 pores in one. Its very strange..

just curious, but do some of your scarred pores look like icepicks? Its like some of mine are like 3 pores in one. Its very strange..

lol i have some like these too , it looks like 2-3 pores are so close together , and they look like 1 line of indention