Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyguys14

water fasting

lol ive been over this, i cant cut out those foods(gluten) for long i just get this uncontrolable craving and i end up eating anything in sight. ive heard people say their acne was cause by food sensativities and they went on accutane and never had a problem with those foods again.

Interesting. Cravings you can work on and deal with. Yes, it is hard but it is not impossible. Look at alcoholics....so many success stories there.

Cravings are real brain issues but they can be dealt with. With the right training/therapy I'm sure you could get over your cravings.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

hey this is pretty cool, ppl! :nod:

i once read a whole book about fasting and it made lots of sense imo also was full of hope for me.

and i tried myself too but i couldnt go further than 2 days tho =( bcs hey how do u deal with weakness? its just water and nothing and next day i feel very energy less and weak , but i cant afford this as i have to move alot during the day as well as leave house n wear pretty heavy bag around

id so do this if i only knew how to cope with weakness, any suggestions anyone? :/

also, how to get back to eating after fast without getting fat (ive read after those fasts u start to eat u become fat, but thanks dont want! o.O) and without getting all the acne back? as im not having only raw food at home so would there be probs with that afterwards? plus its xmass soon and theres noway imma gonna be the looser who sadly cant get any of the fun foods >_> but it would be soo cool to get things fixed by xmass..omgz *excited* :surprised:

yea true, im hoping to stay on a good diet and only take 10mg of accutane a day. if i do this i think i can achieve the skin i want and maybe even be able to drink alcohol sometimes, just gotta work on these cravings

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

lol ive been over this, i cant cut out those foods(gluten) for long i just get this uncontrolable craving and i end up eating anything in sight. ive heard people say their acne was cause by food sensativities and they went on accutane and never had a problem with those foods again.

This is ridiculous, if there were a few foods that I KNEW was the only thing that caused my acne... I wouldnt even want to LOOK at them. If gluten is the only thing that causes your acne you ARE LUCKY!! TRUST ME... why the hell would you want to go on accutane which could possiby give you all kinds of bad side effects... and maybe even PERMANENT ones... When you could just simply cut out a few foods... OH LORD I WISH THAT WAS MY PROBLEM. If I could cut out gluten and be CLEAR ALL THE TIME, I'd be the happiest person ever!! You have no idea how lucky you are hun....

well im not sure if its just gluten but i know gluten is a big part. i went 2 days without it and today i couldn't resist the urge, chocolate cupcakes on the kitchen table next too apple muffins and pumpkin pie. i kinda binged =/ no i will have horrible cystic acne in a few days and i could have prevented it by just not eating them but its like addicting.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

well im not sure if its just gluten but i know gluten is a big part. i went 2 days without it and today i couldn't resist the urge, chocolate cupcakes on the kitchen table next too apple muffins and pumpkin pie. i kinda binged =/ no i will have horrible cystic acne in a few days and i could have prevented it by just not eating them but its like addicting.

What the heck are you talking about. Why don't you just buy gluten-free cupcake mix. Jeez you know you can still have potatoes, rice, fruit, beans....just to name a few. They are all great sources of carbs since you seem to be craving carbs. Don't eliminate stuff you don't have to. Eat some yogurt. A bowl of whole milk yogurt is enough to tackle any craving. Plus if it's only gluten, you can have some chocolate and all kinds of other sweets in moderation. Gluten isn't hard to avoid at all.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

yea it is the sugar im craving, i do get reallly bad acne and bloating from white bread so thats why i was thinking it was gluten sensativity. ill just start doing the shopping and hopefully there is a good gluten free section, and get some good substitues for my sugar cravings. just sucks that family friends bring over the Best tasting brownies and cookies and shit all the time, makes it a little hard to avoid them.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Sorry to change the subject about everyone’s discussion on bread. But, I’m announcing that I’m going to go on another water fast the entire month of December...I’m going to get these scars COMPLETELY GONE by the end of December from this fast. I’m really determined to not quit this fast, I’m really going to do it and let my body cannibalize my scar tissue until there’s nothing left. I’ll post back in mid Dec. due to finals; I’ll be studying 24/7.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

no it does work the scars wont go away completely but they will fade pretty good, a month is a little extreme i can only do 3 days.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Sorry to change the subject about everyone’s discussion on bread. But, I’m announcing that I’m going to go on another water fast the entire month of December...I’m going to get these scars COMPLETELY GONE by the end of December from this fast. I’m really determined to not quit this fast, I’m really going to do it and let my body cannibalize my scar tissue until there’s nothing left. I’ll post back in mid Dec. due to finals; I’ll be studying 24/7.

This is borderline anorexic behavior. You should really see a doctor.

YvonneLilly,

A whole month of water fasting? I tried that once, but failed...Honestly the longest I was able to go was 11 days, which I felt extremely proud of. I've done it about 4 times now btw. I plan on starting my next fast on the 7th, that's the day after my finals. If you haven't acclimated your body to the intensity of long fasts (7+ days), I REALLY urge you not to go for 30 days, but instead go for a week or so...maybe 10 days first. Your body will adjust, and then you can go for longer days.

Again, to all those naysayers...LOOK UP the health benefits of fasting; ie water fast, juice fast, urine fast, etc. before making assumptions of its supposed ill effects. PERSONAL experience is always the best dose of reality, because the net is cluttered with misinformation by entities of questionable motives. Who fears the benefits of fasting the most, especially if this modality catches on to the general public? Big PHarma, a.k.a. those who control our politicians. Fasting is ancient, and is still used by health practiioners around the world for good reason. I can personally attest to its near-miraculous workings.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

AshleyNicole u should read some book on fasting, u could find some really interesting info, srsly!

yvonnelilly whatever u do, dont forget u can begin eating afer fast only step by step, if u gonna eat all of a sudden whatever right after 30 days u can rly screw up yourself and even die, so its at start diluted juices, then juices etc etc. im in case saying, i assume/hope that u know this tho. anyways good luck.

i wish i could do this myself just that nobody rly says what to do with weakness?? im fine with not eating n all, but how to stay energetic during day huh?

could i maybe do water/tea and honey fast? only 1 table spoon of honey per day, but it would give me energy to move, but would it still be fast n effects as good? :huh:

Are you talking about red scars are pitted acne scars?

AshleyNicole u should read some book on fasting, u could find some really interesting info, srsly!

yvonnelilly whatever u do, dont forget u can begin eating afer fast only step by step, if u gonna eat all of a sudden whatever right after 30 days u can rly screw up yourself and even die, so its at start diluted juices, then juices etc etc. im in case saying, i assume/hope that u know this tho. anyways good luck.

i wish i could do this myself just that nobody rly says what to do with weakness?? im fine with not eating n all, but how to stay energetic during day huh?

could i maybe do water/tea and honey fast? only 1 table spoon of honey per day, but it would give me energy to move, but would it still be fast n effects as good? :huh:

From what I read, the affects would take longer if you do this, but you would still have affects.. im doing a water fast because its faster and juice fasting takes forever to get results. To deal with the weakness, I just bite the bullet and work harder, its sometimes even hard to lift a pencil but, i guess its good since i read that it puts your body into ketosis faster if you exercise a little.

red marks and i have indents and scarred pores.

Oh for the red marks retin a worked really well for me but indented scars are the problem for me.

Oh for the red marks retin a worked really well for me but indented scars are the problem for me.

If you have indented scars - this is what works for me:

Emu oil

Vitamin E oil

and vaseline

apply it directly to your indents in small otherwise it cause you to break out

(although its fine for me)

This is borderline anorexic behavior. You should really see a doctor.

You just called every health water faster an anorexic, most people water fast for its HEALTH benefits. My body is perfect, I just am doing this for scars.