Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyguys14

water fasting

This is my second day of water fasting to get rid of scars. I have the urge to eat, i want to so bad but, i also want to see if this method works just as bad :/

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I read how the body cannabolizes scar tissue for protein to fuel the brain. And that while fasting the immune system heals "dead/diseased or damaged tissue". and alot of water fasters on curezone and other places said they're scars went away while water fasting. so i will try it out and see if it IS correct...

I read how the body cannabolizes scar tissue for protein to fuel the brain. And that while fasting the immune system heals "dead/diseased or damaged tissue". and alot of water fasters on curezone and other places said they're scars went away while water fasting. so i will try it out and see if it IS correct...

Just dont do it for too long... fasting is healthy only for a few days.

48 hours wont do anything, you body takes 3 days to digest all your stored glucose in your liver. Then, your body goes into ketosis and heals. This is what i believe, im not saying its true. but today is my 6th day fasting and my blackheads are healing. The black part of it is gone and now theres just this white gunk that im leetting it natually go away, i have not touched it since the fast.

OOPS..I accadently posted this in the wrong place. i meant to reply it to the water fasting results topic

Edited by yvonnelilly

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Seriously good luck with your fast :) Don't listen to your naysayers because I'll bet money on the fact that none of them have personal experience, just some info. they're rehashing off the net.

In the past two years I've PERSONALLY done many water and UT fasts ranging from 3-10 days. As a matter of fact when I go into winter break I plan on doing a 12 day fast. For me it has been a miracle worker because all the ailments I used to suffer from are gone; allergies, bacne, skin sensitivity, yellow teeth, and others just to name a few. I see better results every time I finish a long fast, but the trick is to make sure your post-fast diet is clean and well maintained for a week, depending on the length of your fasting. Anyway just wanted to add my 2 cents ;) Take care

And whose to say it's not just your skin looking lighter because you are depriving your body of essential nutrients? The redmarks could become obvious again once you start eating. When I was in the hospital and too sick to eat more than like, half a meal every few days, my skin was super pale and I had no redness. Then when I began eating again, my blushing came back.

maybe you ate the wrong food. and put toxic junk back into your body.

my red marks havent lightened yet but my black heads are gone. i did a total of 6 days water fasting.

Except for thanksgiving i ate a big persian dinner at a family party and for some odd reason after every plate of food, my body digested it immediately..i went to the bathroom 3 times in like 30minutes. maybe the water fast improved my digestive system or something.

Tommorrow im starting the fast over again and am going to do a combo of juice and water until dec. 26 when i have an audition someplace.

I think people should only knock things that they have tried. Because the perfect judge is someone who knows both sides; the health benefits of fasting, and the dangers.

something i learned in philosophy.

Seriously good luck with your fast :) Don't listen to your naysayers because I'll bet money on the fact that none of them have personal experience, just some info. they're rehashing off the net.

In the past two years I've PERSONALLY done many water and UT fasts ranging from 3-10 days. As a matter of fact when I go into winter break I plan on doing a 12 day fast. For me it has been a miracle worker because all the ailments I used to suffer from are gone; allergies, bacne, skin sensitivity, yellow teeth, and others just to name a few. I see better results every time I finish a long fast, but the trick is to make sure your post-fast diet is clean and well maintained for a week, depending on the length of your fasting. Anyway just wanted to add my 2 cents ;) Take care

I am too! but just until th 26th..when is your winter break?

It would be nice if more people that have scars or acne/etc. posted water fasting results because on the health food forums where people document their water fast, they dont really have acne acne scars, they just have fat or health problems.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

As long as your getting your nutrients from a multivitamin and don't mind losing weight.

I'd say this could be helpful for easing the load on your liver and clearing out toxins.

starting mine today, did a 1 day and a 2 day earlier this month to kinda get used to what its like and i got good results. going for a 6 day this time, not just for acne but for overall health.

starting mine today, did a 1 day and a 2 day earlier this month to kinda get used to what its like and i got good results. going for a 6 day this time, not just for acne but for overall health.

What kind of results did you get? I know when I done a water and raw veggie diet for 2 months it made my skin clear up completely but I didn't have scars at the time so I'm interested to see if it really helps scars. Good luck!

Edited by SugarCookiez

wasnt amazing results because i only did it for 1 day then a 2 day, but my acne reduced and my blackheads became alot smaller. i will post results from this 6 day fast aswell

the right side of my face is almost completely clear, the left..not so much. i got a bunch of nodules on my left side on the side of my nose and under my eye and mouth. they seem to be alot more red today but i think thats from my body eliminating the toxins

And whose to say it's not just your skin looking lighter because you are depriving your body of essential nutrients? The redmarks could become obvious again once you start eating. When I was in the hospital and too sick to eat more than like, half a meal every few days, my skin was super pale and I had no redness. Then when I began eating again, my blushing came back.

the right side of my face is almost completely clear, the left..not so much. i got a bunch of nodules on my left side on the side of my nose and under my eye and mouth. they seem to be alot more red today but i think thats from my body eliminating the toxins

Aren't you on Accutane? If you are, fasting is not smart at all.

na i have to wait until jan 1 to start accutane because thats when my insurance kicks in. but im moving soon so im trying to get as clear as possible and my acne is due to food sensativities

na i have to wait until jan 1 to start accutane because thats when my insurance kicks in. but im moving soon so im trying to get as clear as possible and my acne is due to food sensativities

Then cut out those foods and don't take Accutane. ;)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

lol ive been over this, i cant cut out those foods(gluten) for long i just get this uncontrolable craving and i end up eating anything in sight. ive heard people say their acne was cause by food sensativities and they went on accutane and never had a problem with those foods again.