Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tranceaddict

First Day on regimen

Hello all!

This is my first post here. I just received my starter regimen kit in the mail and am excited to start using it.

My doctor had previously prescribed me benzaclin which is a mix of 5% bp and some clindamyacin. It works well however i only ever used it when a pimple had already formed so i guess it did nothing with preventing them.

I get acne (mostly pustules) along my jawline up near my sideburns and sometimes a breakout above my lip as well as forehead. Because I have some pustules right now I have grown a thick chinstrap to hide the acne however it makes it rather hard to apply the bp since it doesn't feel like i can apply it right to the skin.

Also should i use a little bit more bp since my skin is kind of used to it from using benzaclin previously?

thanks all and i look forward to sharing my progress with you

I'm a Regimen newbie too (started at the beginning of November) so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Since your going to be applying BP all over your face now, and not just spot treating like you were before, I'd use the starting amount that Dan recommends for at least three days before increasing the dosage. After 3 weeks on the Regimen I've only increased a little bit from the starting dosage, and I'm still getting some flaking, so take it slow.

As for the facial hair question, well, I'm female, so I don't know what to tell you about that one :)

I'm a Regimen newbie too (started at the beginning of November) so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Since your going to be applying BP all over your face now, and not just spot treating like you were before, I'd use the starting amount that Dan recommends for at least three days before increasing the dosage. After 3 weeks on the Regimen I've only increased a little bit from the starting dosage, and I'm still getting some flaking, so take it slow.

As for the facial hair question, well, I'm female, so I don't know what to tell you about that one :)

Last night was the first time applying it and I only used a little bit. When i woke up I had no flaking, just a little area of dry skin(from using the 5% bp before) and the moisturizer made the dry area vanish. I'm going to ramp up the bp usage very slowly as I am going to be patient. Thanks for the advice and good luck! I hope we both see results quickly!

The flakiness will come; just wait a few days to a week. If you read the boards, it seems like it happens to all of us eventually. I used to use Proactiv, so I thought I was pretty well-adjusted to BP, but I am getting flakiness too.

Hello all!

This is my first post here. I just received my starter regimen kit in the mail and am excited to start using it.

My doctor had previously prescribed me benzaclin which is a mix of 5% bp and some clindamyacin. It works well however i only ever used it when a pimple had already formed so i guess it did nothing with preventing them.

I get acne (mostly pustules) along my jawline up near my sideburns and sometimes a breakout above my lip as well as forehead. Because I have some pustules right now I have grown a thick chinstrap to hide the acne however it makes it rather hard to apply the bp since it doesn't feel like i can apply it right to the skin.

Also should i use a little bit more bp since my skin is kind of used to it from using benzaclin previously?

I started 6 weeks ago and recently stopped using BP to let my skin recover. I plan on starting up again in the next few days, after my skin is no longer dry. The facial hair... your probably best off shaving it. I shave every day now and not only does it help the BP absorb better, it helps to eliminate irritation. I know its probably a b*&!h to apply BP to areas that are covered by facial hair, and may increase irritation when your applying it. Even when I shaved every other day in the beginning it was more difficult to apply BP to the areas where I was growing facial hair.

Also, start slowly. Do not increase your dosage until you start to see flaking and until that flaking is diminished. It takes up to a week for you to start to see flaking/redness. Once you do, wait until it is faded. I promise you that you will have more of a problem with dry skin than you will with acne in the coming weeks. However, you can keep both to a minimum if you START SLOWLY! I thought the same exact same thing as you did because I had used BP in the past. I was WRONG! It's been 2 days off of BP and my skin is still flaking. Once the flaking diminishes from the initial dose, ramp it up a little bit. Keep the same pattern until your using the recommended dosage. If it takes more than a month, so be it. If it takes 2 months, so be it. I know that sounds like a LONGG time. But patience is key, and your acne will greatly improve even with below the recommended dosage. It may not get completely clear, but it will get better. I'm sure you do not want to battle flaking, tanned-looking, irritated skin for months on end. If you do, then go for it. That's my 2 cents.

Good luck to you and I wish you the best!

Hello all!

Good luck Too you man in your War vs Acne