Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan C

Dryness is really getting to me!

I have about had it with the dryness! I am not going to quit, I believe in this Regimen, but I'm not sure what to do at this point. My regimen is as follows:

Morning:

Shower/Shave w/ DKR cleanser/Wash with DKR cleanser

I give about 10-15 minutes to dry

2 pumps of Dan's BP

Give another 10-15 minutes

2 pumps of Dan's moisturizer plus 6-8 drops of jojoba oil

Night:

Wash with DKR

10-15 minutes

2 pumps of Dan's BP

10-15 minutes

Thin layer of jojoba

Quarter sized amount of Lac Hydrin 5 (5% lactic acid) with 6-8 drops of jojoba

I started October 13th with about 1/4 fingers length of BP morning and night with Dan's Moisturizer both morning and night. I ramped it up to 1/2 length at the start of week 2, 3/4 length start of week 3, and full length start of week 4. I recently got the pump so I have been using 2 pumps of BP starting at the beginning of week 5, which after testing it (my original tube hadn't run out out) was more than I was using as a full fingers length. I didn't start using Lac Hydrin until the start of week 5 and tomorrow is the beginning of week 6. My skin is currently peeling, orange, and in some spots red. When I wake up every part of my face that has touched a pillow is flaking. When I get of the shower in the morning and cleanse at night, my skin is dry as all hell. Then after about 20-30 minutes after moisturizing the redness/orangeness starts to come. Then about 2-3 hours later the flakes start to appear. I'm not exactly sure if my skin hasn't gotten used to the BP yet, the AHA is making it worse, or whether I should exfoliate using the jojoba method. Maybe I should just stop using the BP for a few days and let my skin chill out then start over with less? I have maybe 3 active pimples, 2 of which are healing already and aren't noticeable. Not sure which option I should consider here because I haven't been on the Regimen long enough to know what is best at this point!

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks so much! :D

I have about had it with the dryness! I am not going to quit, I believe in this Regimen, but I'm not sure what to do at this point. My regimen is as follows:

Morning:

Shower/Shave w/ DKR cleanser/Wash with DKR cleanser

I give about 10-15 minutes to dry

2 pumps of Dan's BP

Give another 10-15 minutes

2 pumps of Dan's moisturizer plus 6-8 drops of jojoba oil

Night:

Wash with DKR

10-15 minutes

2 pumps of Dan's BP

10-15 minutes

Thin layer of jojoba

Quarter sized amount of Lac Hydrin 5 (5% lactic acid) with 6-8 drops of jojoba

I started October 13th with about 1/4 fingers length of BP morning and night with Dan's Moisturizer both morning and night. I ramped it up to 1/2 length at the start of week 2, 3/4 length start of week 3, and full length start of week 4. I recently got the pump so I have been using 2 pumps of BP starting at the beginning of week 5, which after testing it (my original tube hadn't run out out) was more than I was using as a full fingers length. I didn't start using Lac Hydrin until the start of week 5 and tomorrow is the beginning of week 6. My skin is currently peeling, orange, and in some spots red. When I wake up every part of my face that has touched a pillow is flaking. When I get of the shower in the morning and cleanse at night, my skin is dry as all hell. Then after about 20-30 minutes after moisturizing the redness/orangeness starts to come. Then about 2-3 hours later the flakes start to appear. I'm not exactly sure if my skin hasn't gotten used to the BP yet, the AHA is making it worse, or whether I should exfoliate using the jojoba method. Maybe I should just stop using the BP for a few days and let my skin chill out then start over with less? I have maybe 3 active pimples, 2 of which are healing already and aren't noticeable. Not sure which option I should consider here because I haven't been on the Regimen long enough to know what is best at this point!

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks so much! :D

Well first i would definitely suggest the jojoba exfoliation method.

If that doesn't work, you could try doing it AFTER cleansing, which is what i do, since all my flakes show up after cleansing.

My redness didn't REALLY go away until recently, and i'm going into month 3! but i still get my random days of lobsterface, so i'm not sure what to say to help that.

basically just play with jojoba oil, see how it works best for your skin, how much you need, when you need it etc.

Also, to the AHA, I didn't add in aha until a week ago, and it definitely contributes to the redness, so you could try omiting that to see if it helps at all.

Good luck!

Edited by SocialAnxiety

The only thing that I'm worried about with the jojoba exfoliation is that when you get rid of dead skin that is not ready to come off, you expose the skin under it to more irritation. The skin underneath is quite tender and BP sure as hell isn't going to improve that any! Just a thought.

The only thing that I'm worried about with the jojoba exfoliation is that when you get rid of dead skin that is not ready to come off, you expose the skin under it to more irritation. The skin underneath is quite tender and BP sure as hell isn't going to improve that any! Just a thought.

i've actually never had that problem o.O maybe in the first few weeks, but i never had really tender skin, and the jojoba exfoilation never took off skin that wasn't ready, you're supposed to do it very gently.

Thanks for your advice, I do appreciate it. I think honestly what I need to do is start over after a couple of days away from the REgimen. Dan suggests this on his FAQ. I know this sounds ridiculous, but my skin has become somewhat manageable and most of the clogged pores have become unclogged. Some of my pores have probably been clogged for months now and have finally surfaced after using the Regimen. I think I'm going to start over and very slowly ramp up the dosage. My acne is mild to moderate and I mainly get pustules on my chin area with an occasional pimple (maybe every 2 weeks) on the side of my face. I have some blackheads on my nose that have faded (not entirely) and all of my forehead acne has diminished. I think maybe 2 days away from the Regimen and then I'll gradually build myself up to the full dosage. If it takes me 6 months to get completely clear, it takes me 6 months. I don't think it is worth ruining my skin in the process and patience may be key here. Many people experience dryness several months in to the Regimen, and although I know some of it may be unavoidable, I know that it can be managed better than it is now (at least on my face!).

Thanks alot. Hope I have your support !

Thanks for your advice, I do appreciate it. I think honestly what I need to do is start over after a couple of days away from the REgimen. Dan suggests this on his FAQ. I know this sounds ridiculous, but my skin has become somewhat manageable and most of the clogged pores have become unclogged. Some of my pores have probably been clogged for months now and have finally surfaced after using the Regimen. I think I'm going to start over and very slowly ramp up the dosage. My acne is mild to moderate and I mainly get pustules on my chin area with an occasional pimple (maybe every 2 weeks) on the side of my face. I have some blackheads on my nose that have faded (not entirely) and all of my forehead acne has diminished. I think maybe 2 days away from the Regimen and then I'll gradually build myself up to the full dosage. If it takes me 6 months to get completely clear, it takes me 6 months. I don't think it is worth ruining my skin in the process and patience may be key here. Many people experience dryness several months in to the Regimen, and although I know some of it may be unavoidable, I know that it can be managed better than it is now (at least on my face!).

The reason i didn't suggest that was because i started the regimen for a specific reason (Someone coming to visit for the first time) and i only had about three-four months to get completely clear, so i started out really fast (using the full dose in like, week 3) just to get clear as fast as possible.

I guess i keep forgetting a lot of people are more patient than i am, and aren't scrambling to get clear in a short period of time. Heh.

But yeah, thats probably the best idea, and you definitely have my support, hell, if you started a log i would probably stalk it like i do everyone elses ;)

The reason i didn't suggest that was because i started the regimen for a specific reason (Someone coming to visit for the first time) and i only had about three-four months to get completely clear, so i started out really fast (using the full dose in like, week 3) just to get clear as fast as possible.

I guess i keep forgetting a lot of people are more patient than i am, and aren't scrambling to get clear in a short period of time. Heh.

But yeah, thats probably the best idea, and you definitely have my support, hell, if you started a log i would probably stalk it like i do everyone elses ;)

I'm probably going to do that actually. Trust me I'm no better. I've had acne problems for so long that when I found this site and found that I wasn't the only one looking for a solution I started getting on here every day. I honestly think that the irritation that all of this BP is causing is going to flare up acne just like everyday acne-prone skin does. It may not last as long, but I think I can improve it by beating irritation with the Regimen. I'll probably start posting a log in a few days. It will be nice to have my natural skin color back LOL!

Guest Timehealsall

hey ryan just curious, but do your clogs leave holes or enlarged pores?

hey ryan just curious, but do your clogs leave holes or enlarged pores?

Not really. I have had white beads of skin residue come out after I cleanse in the morning, just right on top of the blackhead which I thought was weird. Blackheads are kind of like holes I guess since the pore is technically opened. Maybe that is what your referring to? I can almost guarantee that your problem will eventually go away. Is your acne fading okay?