Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read that you aren't supposed to use the Clarisonic on "open wounds" or things like that. Acne can count in that area if it's fresh/popped/whatever. I don't have that many breakouts now, but what if I did in the future? How do people with acne use it? I've heard it's really good for acne though so I am confused. My mom is giving me a substantial budget for Christmas and I could get the Clarisonic with that at a cost of like $60 or so to myself. Anyone have input on it's usefulness? Or insight?

Thank you!!! :D

I think the Clarisonic is a bit rough for people with acne prone skin, but I know alot of people who use them anyway. Personally, I'd be scared to use it. Have you ever thought of getting muslin cloths? Like the ones that come with the soap and glory cleanser? I bought a bunch from The Body Shop and I use one every night and I love them. They really help your skin's texture and appearance without being too rough on acne.

I tried the Clarisonic Mia brush with the sensitive skin brush head. I get mostly clogged pores and just an occasional inflamed zit, so I thought it might work well for me. It was good at getting rid of dry skin and flakies, but I also think it irritated any clogged pores that I had - some would pop up and get red right after I finished using the brush. Before the brush, no pimple, after the brush a new zit would be there.

So for me, I think its just too abrasive for my skin. If you look on makeupalley.com though, there are quite a few acne-prones who have had better luck with it. If you do get one, I'd recommend the gentler brush, and maybe the Clarisonic Mia (doesn't have multiple speeds, but its smaller, less expensive, and comes with the sensitive skin brush head).

try the i-skin.. not as goood but still waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. get it at sally beauty.

try the i-skin.. not as goood but still waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. get it at sally beauty.

I think the Clarisonic is a bit rough for people with acne prone skin, but I know alot of people who use them anyway. Personally, I'd be scared to use it. Have you ever thought of getting muslin cloths? Like the ones that come with the soap and glory cleanser? I bought a bunch from The Body Shop and I use one every night and I love them. They really help your skin's texture and appearance without being too rough on acne.

Yeah I do too. I don't understand how to use them ahah! How do you? It seems unclean but I think I am just doing it wrong. Maybe you can enlighten me. :)

I tried the Clarisonic Mia brush with the sensitive skin brush head. I get mostly clogged pores and just an occasional inflamed zit, so I thought it might work well for me. It was good at getting rid of dry skin and flakies, but I also think it irritated any clogged pores that I had - some would pop up and get red right after I finished using the brush. Before the brush, no pimple, after the brush a new zit would be there.

So for me, I think its just too abrasive for my skin. If you look on makeupalley.com though, there are quite a few acne-prones who have had better luck with it. If you do get one, I'd recommend the gentler brush, and maybe the Clarisonic Mia (doesn't have multiple speeds, but its smaller, less expensive, and comes with the sensitive skin brush head).

I was looking at that one too! Hmmm. It's probably too abrasive for mine too since I am using BP & a retinoid. I noticed my skin has become more sensitive. Before I could do just about ANYTHING to it haha and it wouldn't hurt. Oh well, I'd rather be clear. Thank you for your input! :) It's helpful to hear from people on this site specifically.

Yeah I do too. I don't understand how to use them ahah! How do you? It seems unclean but I think I am just doing it wrong. Maybe you can enlighten me. :)

Well, I think it's probably unclean if you only have 1 or 2 cloths, but I bought a bunch from The Body Shop so that I'd have a clean one for every night and then I throw them in the wash with my whites. If you're wearing makeup, remove it first. then just put your cleanser on your dry face. Run the muslin cloth under hot water and let it sit on your face to open your pores for like a minute. Run the cloth under hot water again and simply wipe away the cleanser on your face gently. It exfoliates your skin at the same time, which is good. Rinse with cool water and VOILA! I love them. The texture and feel of my skin has changed alot since using them. My pores are even smaller, which I love and my skin is glowy.

Oh god, I want this brush so badly.

I'm hoping my husband stuffs one under the tree this year.

This brush came out years ago,and I was always skeptical about it. I have a lot more faith in it now,as I can't even walk into a skincare clinic without seeing them being sold there. I've seen more people here that like it than not.

If you are under a doctor’s care for any skin condition, or if you have or think you may have a skin condition, consult your physician. Do not use the Sonic Skin Cleansing System if you:

have heightened skin allergies

have an extreme sunburn

have open wounds or open lesions

are taking medication that can cause skin sensitivity*

recently had a facial cosmetic procedure*

have pustular acne, or serious sensitive–skin disorders and/or infections*

The Sonic Skin Cleansing System is remarkably gentle for all skin types, including skin affected by complicated conditions.** Ask your dermatologist why gentle cleansing is so important for the skin of people suffering from seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea and acne.

* Unless recommended by a skin care professional

** If you are under a doctor’s care for any skin condition, please consult your physician before using the Sonic Skin Cleansing System.

OMGEE! I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CLARISONIC MIA. It made my skin look and feel soo much better. Unfortunately, I had to return it 'cause I was broke & had to pay an important bill. I wanted to marry it after the first few days I had it and was very sad to apart from it after 2 weeks :( but I'm getting one again for Christmas! WOO!!

I would go more in-depth lol, but I'm about to head to bed. I just had to reply to this thread though before doing so.

I will probably edit later :D I hope things are going well for you.