Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milkncoffee

can anyone help me?

im going to give a little back ground. i used to never break out maybe once every few months then i turned 19 and started geting one or two spots on my chin or mouth area around my period. then about 5 months ago i got married. ( im 20 years old ) and a few days after the wedding i had white heads all around my mouth and chin, i never get white heads fast forward to today and my mouth and chin area is coverd in red pigmentation marks and theres not a day that i dont wake up with a new spot.

iv never had acne like this and im so confused and upset i just want my good skin back. :/

can anyone help?

Have you considered Dan's regimen? That's a pretty popular way on this site for mild (whitehead) acne clearance. I'm currently using a sulfur-based product now, and since it's the second day I can't really comment as to its effectiveness, but that's another option too.

Sounds like that would be caused by digestive issues. I'd recommend drinking a green smoothie for breakfast every day (which *can* be tasty and give you energy), maybe learn about colonics. Also, separate meals and try to avoid eating a lot of red meat. And stay out of the heat, which shouldn't be hard at this time of year. The primary cause, contributor, and exacerbator of acne is inflammation, and inflammation can be brought down by icing and spending some time in the cold, as well as following the rest of my advice :). Try to wait a little while before popping the whiteheads, too; otherwise the infection won't hesitate to spread.

Hi,

I've also recently been experiencing really strange out breaks on my chin area unlike any pimples I've had before - and my acne has ALWAYS been on my cheeks in the past. I've had lots of fleshy bumps, which can get inflamed and produce a head that's huge and solid - not at all like a pustule (sorry for the gross details).

My point is, this isn't normal for me and after trying various acne products that didn't work I came across an article on fluoride and acne - and realised that I'd just bought new toothpaste/mouthwash. After doing more research (Google fluoride and acne) I decided to buy toothpaste and mouthwash that are both fluoride and SLS free. I've only been using them for less than a week so I'm not 100% sure it's working, but it does seem to be! I've been having no new pimples thus far...

I think it's some form of folliculitis - it might be worth a try for you anyway.

If it's not folliculitis you've got, acne on the chin is almost always a hormonal issue. I use several supplements to help balance my hormones and the acne on my cheeks (also hormonal) is now pretty much gone. I use:

- Evening primrose oil

- Vitamin D3

- B vitamin complex

- Zinc and magnesium

There's some goof threads on all of these supplements on acne.org.

For the red marks you've got, I'd try a honey mask and/or aloe vera gel (which can be a little drying) - I've found they really help my marks. People on this site also seem to swear by calamine lotion - I've only been using it for a couple of days though so I can't judge yet.

Good luck!

Edited by superfrizbee

thank you for all the info. i switched to toms of maine tooth paste awhile ago and it didnt seem to help at all. im so frustrated i know the red marks will go away ( it will take forever but they will ) but i cant heal without the acne going away and it just keeps coming :/ im so upset.

Hmm. How long did you use it for? I've gone and jinxed myself with my last message as another chin spot has now appeared! However, I'm hoping it is just an existing clogged hair folicle that has now come to the surface - it isn't as big as some I've had! Anyway, I've only been using the toothpaste for less than a week so I daresay I'll still get some that come up while my skin recovers slowly over time.

Can you think of any other products you use around your mouth that might be causing a reaction? Perhaps a lip balm of some sort?

I do think the supplements are still worth a try, although bear in mind they might take a few weeks to get going. I had a small break out at first too (maybe my skin was chucking out the gunk?), but that cleared up quite quickly.

If it is indeed acne and not some form of folliculitus, perhaps some kind of skin exfoliation routine on your chin area? Salicylic acid is an exfoliant that is effective as a PREVENTITIVE treatment when used consistently and properly. What most people don't realise is it doesn't do much for existing acne (although it does has some anti-inflammatory properties), it is an exfoliant that stops skin and other crap collecting in pores in the first place. It is at it's most effective at 2% and in a PH of around 4. Most people either use too low a percentage, or use a product over the top of it which effects the PH level. Paula's Choice do a BHA with salicylic acid at the right percentage and PH, there's some reviews on acne.org.

I really hope you find the treatment that suits you - believe me I know how upsetting acne can be!

iv been useing the tooth paste for months and my face wash is 2% sal acid. im so upset my skin used to be so nice and now its a huge mess!! :( im also taking vitex and i have been since oct 16