Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carlosss

Acne and Humidity

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I'm plopping it here.

I'm 18 years old, and I've had acne since I was about 12 or 13. It became dramatically worse with each year in high school till my senior year when there was literally more acne lesions on my face then actual, clear skin. I was scarred horribly. Incredibly depressed. I was able to clear it up moderately through diet and healthier living. Then I moved to the east coast (I live in California) for college and my skin cleared absolutely. As in, no breakouts... at all. My diet here is substantially worse then it was back home. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. I wish I lived here my entire life so I could have gone through puberty with ease. I don't know quite what to attribute it to. I think its humidity. Any ideas?

i had something similar happen, but with a less happy ending :(

During high school as well, my acne got worse and worse.

And then I went to college in Albany

And my skin cleared up, gradually, but after three years was completely clear and baby smooth.

And then I had to move back home because of personal problems (dumb eating disorder...)

And my acne is getting crazy worse....pimples on my neck ??? never before

I have this theory....that it was the water. I think that certain contaminants in the water where I am now are either irritating to my skin, or, are disrupting to my digestive system :(

I read n Psychology Today, uh, yesterday, that certain probiotics and benefecial bacteria "reduces stress related skin inflamation."

I think that something in the water is affecting my benefecial bacteria, and I am upset.

I want to move back to albany asap, but until i get my emotional baggage cleared up, no chance. I am very frustrated.

With your clear skin now, do you use any cleansers/ moisturisers/ spot treatments? Do you just use water?

In albany, I never used an anti acne product, just "normal people" moisturisers and things.

~katy B