Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everybody! This is my first post here. I stumbled across this place researching small, flesh-colored bumps I have on my face, particularly in a patch on each cheek. I have had mild acne my whole life, it tends to flare up when I get my period. But it was just over the past 6 months that I developed these bumps.

I found some posts about anti-dandruff shampoo to treat them, so I rolled the dice and decided to try the anti-fungal first. After 3 uses (2 evenings and 1 morning) I could see a difference in my face. I don't think anyone else would have noticed, but I have spent a lot of time agonizing over my face in the mirror. :redface: After another day, the acne around my hairline seemed to have cleared up a lot, and the patches with numerous bumps didn't seem as swollen and profuse - they even felt a little less bumpy to the touch. Last night, which was day 3, I noticed my face felt itchy, like it had before when the bumps seemed to flare up. I noticed the same thing this morning, my face was noticeably itchy enough to distract me at work. I am trying to keep my hands off it though so I don't transfer more dirt and bacteria from my hands.

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea about how long I should try the Nizoral, and if I should keep using it twice a day? I was pleased that it seemed to be doing something when other treatments hadn't, but I'm wondering if it is drying my face out and that is causing the itching? I am using the 1% shampoo right now. Also, it seems that my face looks clearer in the morning when I first get up, and the bumps seem more pronounced at the end of the day, and I can't figure that out.

I read on here also that you shouldn't try more than one new product at a time, but I was wondering if there was something else I can try? I was considering trying an anti-bacterial shampoo as well to cover all the bases. I have realize that I have to be patient, that it won't clear up over night, but I was wondering how long I should expect to try it before trying something else? Yes, patience has never been my strong suit. :rolleyes:

Hi there,

I used Nizoral for cystic acne for about 2 weeks with pretty good results not great, just better than other OTC products. If its drying out your skin too much then twice a day is most likely too much, even the directions on the back say to use it 1-2 times a week or something for anti dandruff. I switched over to Selsun blue moisturizing shampoo. i just wash with water in the morning and then selsun blue at night.

Try cutting back on how much your using it or try the selsun blue. Some people have better luck with the selenium sulfide, others have better results with the ketoconazole

Your skin is better in the morning much like most people with acne problems because your body is at rest, lower blood pressure, not going though any stress or much contact with the face no food to cause inflammation etc etc. and by the end of the day... well, its pretty much gone through all of that. Picture starting up your car in the morning and driving it back and forth through the city and all the crap it goes through, im sure its happier when it gets to rest when when it gets back home much like your skin.