Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Srananman

Were you treated different after scar treatment

Since a couple of months I've been going to gym and actively educating myself on muscle-gaining, correct diets etc. While surfing the net on this topic I came through a thread called 'Were you treated different after losing weight'. The replies in that thread were remarkable. Huge positive differences were experienced after losing weight and gaining muscle. Lifes were dramatically turn around! Increased self-confidence and actually being more attractive were listed as main cause.

This made me wonder how people were treated different after getting some or total improvement in their scars. If there was such a difference, what you would say being the cause of that?

Threadstarter starts first: I haven't experienced any improvement in scars yet, can unfortunately at this time only tell about the downsides of having a scarred face ;) 2011 will be dedicated to scar-treatments(at Dr. Khan in London), will ofcourse give acne.org a heads up on that :)

Edited by Ish

Since a couple of months I've been going to gym and actively educating myself on muscle-gaining, correct diets etc. While surfing the net on this topic I came through a thread called 'Were you treated different after losing weight'. The replies in that thread were remarkable. Huge positive differences were experienced after losing weight and gaining muscle. Lifes were dramatically turn around! Increased self-confidence and actually being more attractive were listed as main cause.

This made me wonder how people were treated different after getting some or total improvement in their scars. If there was such a difference, what you would say being the cause of that?

Threadstarter starts first: I haven't experienced any improvement in scars yet, can unfortunately at this time only tell about the downsides of having a scarred face ;) 2011 will be dedicated to scar-treatments(at Dr. Khan in London), will ofcourse give acne.org a heads up on that :)

To start with, i wish you all the best with your treatments and definitely keep us updated. It must be a really exciting time for you :)

In response to your question, yes i think people are definitely treated differently depending on their scars. Whilst I've been pretty successful in life (dating, work wise etc), ive always hated my scars...whenever ive mentioned them people tended to say, what scars, oh you just have uneven skin and then would point to someone else with worse scars.

It wasnt until I started treating them myself and using a better skincare system (which i know would make the scars less obvious), that people would go - your skin is looking better etc. Simularly after a bad night out and im looking shocking, I know people notice those too.

I treated some of my scars whilst I was home and about a week later I had a bright red nose...People noticed that too, but never said anything rofl, which leads me to think people are willing to say more after the fact, then they are whilst its happening.

So yeah, whatever improvement you have, im sure everyone will notice and be supportive of you :) even if they arent, we will be rooting you on from afar :)

which leads me to think people are willing to say more after the fact, then they are whilst its happening.

I agree! And I suppose its similar for weight loss. when someone says, nah you aren't fat at all, there's nothing wrong with you...then the person loses weight and all they hear is wow you look so much better :P

Still, how rubbish would life be if everyone just pointed out our imperfections. Someone with THAT trait IS ugly, and no laser or diet will fix that. The only people worth knowing are the ones who see you for you, support you, but don't judge you. It's only by surrounding myself with people like that how I got through the last year :)