Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay people i've had good results on my scars with rolling and needling.

So I'll share the methods that are working for me, maybe some of you will find it useful.

The results: I've been rolling since may;

2 of the worst scars (deep boxcar) - 70% improvement

Rolled 6 times, needled 3 times (The needling gave much more dramatic improvement)

1 old scar, a pretty deep pit, about 3 mm diameter - Completely filled in! Just some pigmentation that's off

Rolled it just 1(!) time

1 old scar (shallow boxcar) - 50% improvement

Rolled 1 time (think it will be barely noticeable after another roll)

1 old quite large, like 5 mm scar (saucer shaped) - 30% improvement

Rolled 1 time (don't think I will be able to 100% fix this one, but sure I'll be able to improve it till it's very hard to notice it)

I rolled the old scars just once because they didn't really bother me, so I never did those.

But the last time I rolled I decided to give them a try.

I was surprised to see the old scars actually respond much better to rolling, one actually vanished like I said. The old scars got the same improvement in just one roll that the fresh ones got in 6.

The things I learned the last months:

- Every scar will respond different, I'ts important to understand the scar, what's going on in and around the scar.

If you understand your scar you will be able to get it moving.

For example; a hard scar with lots of scar tissue needs to be broken down, you need to needle the sh*t out of it. Since this kind of hard scar tissue will probably not absorb your topicals effective you need to roll for product penetration too, like once a week with a 0.5 roller.

When I added the product penetration rolling to my regime the results got way better.

A soft scar on the other hand, maybe just some slight indention, just needs collagen pushing it up, no thick scar tissue holding it down or preventing it from filling in, so those can of scars need to be needled every 4/5 weeks and left alone in between.

- Copper peptides really work, when I added them to my regime I really noticed it doing it's thing.

Scars will fill in more and faster, and sometimes you can see the scar tissue peeling and transforming into much more normal skin because of the peptides.

- Look out when you're rolling agressive, this may not be the best moves because you might hit some minor scarred pore or something that will get bigger or something, if you have scars that really need to get hit in a agressive way, needle those.

- Acids are good to hit the scars on the surface. After a roll I wait like 3/4 weeks till the scar calmed down, then I put AHA on it to remove the scar tissue on the surface layer by layer.

I just rub the AHA on the scar really good, then I just fill the scar with some and let it on there for the night.

I'll do this for a week or so, the scars will peel after a 4/5 days and the scar will look better after that. The AHA also helps the scars remodel faster IMO.

- If you needle, needle good, don't be afraid scars will get worse. I've had scars looking worse for months, got depressed over it and thought I f*cked things up bad. But then all of a sudden when you don't expect it they start changing and become way better. This can happen over night (no joke)

IMO the more you destroy the scar with needling, the best remodeling you get, but it's a proces so it may (likely) get worse before better.

- I think you need to combine this method with another treatment like TCA cross or other deep chemical peels. With rolling and needling you might be able to fix small and/or shallow scars. But most scars will just improve, if you notice you're not getting any (or minor) improvement anymore you need to look into peels.

This is my next step, most of my scars are so shallow now I expect I'll be able to remove them with acid peels.

I understand my scars, the scar tissue on the surface needs to be removed with acid in order to give new fresh skin the opportunity to replace it from underneath.

I hope you'll find this usefull, feel free to ask me anything.

Hey thanks for the info, I am in the research phase right now and I want to learn as much as I can before I start rolling, but I love hearing success stories and helpful tips. Congrats on your improvements!

Great post. May I ask what acid peels are you thinking of using to improve your mildest scars? Would be handy to know.

Also, how often did you apply the copper peptides, was it a nightly thing?

What is the exact topical you used? And did you apply it immediately after rolling?

I used Vit C serum and 'Super Cop' copper peptides serum.

Vit C in the morning and CP's every night.

Great post. May I ask what acid peels are you thinking of using to improve your mildest scars? Would be handy to know.

I'm going to use TCA 50% for the scars, I'll do the first treatment next week, will update in this topic.

Every night yeah, and immediate after rolling/needling.

When I do the weekly light 0.5 mm rolls for product penetration I put a lot of CP on the scar straight after, this really seems to do the trick.

I'm going to use TCA 50% for the scars, I'll do the first treatment next week, will update in this topic.

Every night yeah, and immediate after rolling/needling.

When I do the weekly light 0.5 mm rolls for product penetration I put a lot of CP on the scar straight after, this really seems to do the trick.

Hey OP, I was wondering if you ever considered applying the CP on your skin BEFORE you started rolling? So when you rolled it would immediately sink into your skin? And then another layer after you finished. This could potentially increase results.

So how long have you been doing it? I've been doing it for a year and quit. It only looks good for a while but then it eventually goes back to what it was.

So how long have you been doing it? I've been doing it for a year and quit. It only looks good for a while but then it eventually goes back to what it was.

Well that's disheartening. Can you tell us your routine e.g. needle size, how many treatments and how far spaced apart, the topicals you used etc...

What is the exact topical you used? And did you apply it immediately after rolling?

Which Vitamin C serum did you use?

And also, where'd you purchase your dermaroller from?

- This gives me hope! Thanks for the awesome post!!

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Wonderful post! Thank you!

I am 50 with some rosacea! I need someone to literally teach me what kind of dermaroller I should get, how many times I should do it, and what type of serum should I use.

Well that's disheartening. Can you tell us your routine e.g. needle size, how many treatments and how far spaced apart, the topicals you used etc...

Disheartening indeed :(. How old are your scars and what kind, bameono? Also, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?? Sometimes older skins take longer to respond and/or build collagen.

Which Vitamin C serum did you use?

And also, where'd you purchase your dermaroller from?

- This gives me hope! Thanks for the awesome post!!

I bought everything from Sarah Vaughter, owndoc dot com.

U get Vit C crystals to make your own serum by mixing the crystals with water.

Okay people i've had good results on my scars with rolling and needling.

So I'll share the methods that are working for me, maybe some of you will find it useful.

Does your improvement seem to be permanent?

Glad to hear you're having great results with dermarolling.

Could you please tell me where you bought your dermaroller from?

And which serums/creams do you use before and after?

Thank You.

I will be trying dermarolling as well. I was in an accident while hiking about 6 years ago; fell on some large boulders while traversing a bluffside. I have a long scar that crosses my forehead vertically on my right side and down alongside my eye. (150 stitches total!) While you cannot see the scar as I wear bangs, it would be nice to have the option to wear my hair back or not care which way the wind is blowing. :)

While I wasn't searching for dermarolling information, I came across a website by Sarah Vaughtner while reading about natural sweeteners. Ordered some product and will be receiving this week.

I will be trying dermarolling as well. I was in an accident while hiking about 6 years ago; fell on some large boulders while traversing a bluffside. I have a long scar that crosses my forehead vertically on my right side and down alongside my eye. (150 stitches total!) While you cannot see the scar as I wear bangs, it would be nice to have the option to wear my hair back or not care which way the wind is blowing. :)

While I wasn't searching for dermarolling information, I came across a website by Sarah Vaughtner while reading about natural sweeteners. Ordered some product and will be receiving this week.

welcome to the forum as i see you just signed up. there were other new members talking about her site...strange coincidence. she also sells derma rollers. hmm..

I also mentioned Sarah's site and I'm not new. It just so happens that there is a lot of really helpful information on her site that can be used in conjunction with information that is found on the forums here.

She is quite controversial as shown here http://forum.owndoc.com/showthread.php?181...-peptides/page4.

I prefer forums such as this due to the likelihood of members being neutral thus having less of an agenda. Hers is a product forum...to endorse her products and favoring discussion to her views.

I also mentioned Sarah's site and I'm not new. It just so happens that there is a lot of really helpful information on her site that can be used in conjunction with information that is found on the forums here.
Edited by bambeano