Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leet

Starting the regimen again

About a month ago, when my grandmom died, I started to really break out (chin area)... and i mean break out as in it hurts to open my mouth or lay on my pillow a certain way when sleeping-- big zits where its like 3 combined to make one. They even itched.

So i decided this is crap, i am 30 (and highly embarrased about my face-- i shouldnt be getting itchy painful zits) and here i am with this on my face. again. as if it will ever go away.

I have looked at accutane and i dont have insurance and cant afford it. i wish i could do that somehow so now i am doing the next best thing.

I use a PH balanced wash (Alpha hydrox gentle wash)

10% BP cream (yes it is strong but i mix it with aloe vera gel)

moisturize with aloe vera gel mixed with a drop emu oil plus aha lotion (alpha hydrox brand)-- love it

*When i get really dry because its more cold out, i use neutrogena light night cream in place of aha lotion*

Today i started to introduce acv and water as a toner for the red marks.

I am on day... 17? and finally today things look better and getting less dry. Chin still have some acne which is going down now... it was a mess for a few days with flaking and dryness... a few whiteheads would pop if i rubbed too hard then bleed. ugh

so all in all I know i can depend on using BP and a mild cleanser since i have done all of this before pretty much.

I want to order some of dan's BP gel when i finish this tube of 10%. sort of giving my face an initial blast of bp right now as far as strength goes.

I may start some vitamin A later on down the road since it worked well before.

thanks for reading. i will try to update. no pics right now- very shy and shameful of it all

About a month ago, when my grandmom died, I started to really break out (chin area)... and i mean break out as in it hurts to open my mouth or lay on my pillow a certain way when sleeping-- big zits where its like 3 combined to make one. They even itched.

So i decided this is crap, i am 30 (and highly embarrased about my face-- i shouldnt be getting itchy painful zits) and here i am with this on my face. again. as if it will ever go away.

I have looked at accutane and i dont have insurance and cant afford it. i wish i could do that somehow so now i am doing the next best thing.

I use a PH balanced wash (Alpha hydrox gentle wash)

10% BP cream (yes it is strong but i mix it with aloe vera gel)

moisturize with aloe vera gel mixed with a drop emu oil plus aha lotion (alpha hydrox brand)-- love it

*When i get really dry because its more cold out, i use neutrogena light night cream in place of aha lotion*

Today i started to introduce acv and water as a toner for the red marks.

I am on day... 17? and finally today things look better and getting less dry. Chin still have some acne which is going down now... it was a mess for a few days with flaking and dryness... a few whiteheads would pop if i rubbed too hard then bleed. ugh

so all in all I know i can depend on using BP and a mild cleanser since i have done all of this before pretty much.

I want to order some of dan's BP gel when i finish this tube of 10%. sort of giving my face an initial blast of bp right now as far as strength goes.

I may start some vitamin A later on down the road since it worked well before.

thanks for reading. i will try to update. no pics right now- very shy and shameful of it all

Good luck too you Girl in your War vs Acne and try acnescript see if that works for you