Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lameleah

Please tell me the harsh truth

I have picked my skin for years. Fortunately I have stopped doing it but years of picking left me with enlarged pores and shape-changed pores that they get clogged very easily. I can squeeze out ton of gross sebum everytime and it seems there's no way to end except for squeezing them out. Please can someone tell me if my pores are gonna be be like that forever? Can tretinoin fix that? My skin texture is really bad partly because of that. I need to know the harsh truth. Thank you.

Tretinoin gel can definitely help with the pores and the gunk in them. :) You and I will never go back to pre-picking pore size but that's ok. Stuff happens.

Thanks lovely Wynne. Sad to know but I understand.

I must get rid of the prescribed tretinoin cream asap. It leaves me so many clogged pores instead of unclogging them. Now I don't even know they are clogged pores or fugus infection. Geez.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

fuuk harsh real fcking truths!! they soo suck! :doubt:

what i believe is that if there is something, there is allways something opposite to it (like everything in nature n all), so if there is screwed pore, opposit of it is normal pore, so if there was a way to get screwed pore, there must be a way back to normal pore too, but the question is in skins regeneration ability, how to turn it on and boost it, i think.

even if u have to accept your harsh truth for now, dont lose hope just yet, and try out all stuff and info that u can, at least just in case.

as well as give a go for a raw rosehip oil pls (its said and ive personally noticed too, that it can shrink (maybe even normalize?) pores a bit. and for unclogging them check out this vid (it can be hard look at the mirror after it tho lol bcs person in it has like flawless skin but just dont)

and i havent tried personally but heard mandelic acid is supposed to be good with pores, have u tried it?

Thanks Bunny. It's an interesting thought you have haha :) Me, a science nerd, have a little doubt but I will still do anything that helps!

Well I havent heard of rosehip oil being able to unclog pores but I have heard of mandelic acid. I haven't tried it before. It's quite expensive and can only be purchased online. Yet my derm also say it's good for blackhead and stuff. If you have a chance, go try it bunny. Wont do harm anyway :) It will make your picking habit die down if you get less thingy to pick!

The tretinoin gel will help soften pores though. To what extent may be greatly dependent on your individual skin's response. it may be significant, it might not. :)

my opinion is to stop picking at them , even if they get clogged--- our body is amazing at taking care of itself--- it doesnt need us to squeeze the puss out!!! so if you just leave it it will 'heal' all by itself!! and never come back,, because everytime you squeeze that pore you disrupt it , so it will come again. You blood stream contains enzymes which is targeted to 'eat' the sebum or puss after a while , it takes a while though, you will see a pimple (unsqueed) that is so ripe and yellow shrink within a day or two until the enzymes have completely absorbed all of the extra sebum or puss. I know its not what you expect , but give your body some time to fix itself , instead of ypu trying to give it a quick "fix" or helping it . I had i lot of pores from all my picking and about 1 month ago i just left them , they beacame clogges and some became pimples (that i didnt popo at all-- no matter if it looked as if tho i can just scab it off) they all shrunk and now i dont have those pores anymore . Good luck

This is exactly my question. For example years ago I've picked at a inflamed pimple. It *somehow* turned into a open pore, I guess, and filled with sebum. I tried to leave it alone but it never becomes an inflamed one. What's worse, it gets clogged everytime right after I clear them. So it's always there- the gross sebum. Well I think it leaves me no other solution but retina. But then again retina develop pitted scars and stretched out pores on my face. Ugh which I hate most.

Thank you wynne and ivanna. Hope what you suggest continue to work well for you, which apparently did :)

Wynne if my pores are all strectched out and might have already become scarred pores, should I continue to use retina to help with my comedones? If you see this

Edited by lameleah

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY
Thanks Bunny. It's an interesting thought you have haha :) Me, a science nerd, have a little doubt but I will still do anything that helps!

Well I havent heard of rosehip oil being able to unclog pores but I have heard of mandelic acid. I haven't tried it before. It's quite expensive and can only be purchased online. Yet my derm also say it's good for blackhead and stuff. If you have a chance, go try it bunny. Wont do harm anyway :) It will make your picking habit die down if you get less thingy to pick!

hey dont call me bunny ok? >xD just fuglee is fine

well im actually talk about it from science (kind of xD), like fe cells they have memory of their original state or something but then when they die off or duplicate (or something xD) with time and wrong influences from everything they start to do it not so well, in result fe skin cant repair itself to fullest because those cells arent as poweful as they used to be (and as their original alike?) (and now being more like modified or even deformed maybe?), but i think if they (cells) once could do it (like before when skin werent so screwed with acne it could actually heal better and faster, right? if uknow what i mean?), then such option (to repair, replace, shrink or whatever damaged area of skin) actually excists therfor we just have to find a way how to..err..kinda put this option back in us?..but lol ramblings..:crazy: ok..next!

just that since science havent find out a way to do this and made something superefective yet, meanwhile we have to cling to our semieffective treatments, bcs otherwise it could be even worse? -_-

anyways, with rosehip oil, i dont mean it for unclogging but shrinking pores a bit, so plan might be: steam face, then do the stuff in da video (did u watched?) for unclogging them and then put thiiin layer of fe rosehip oil for shrinking them (although i think this works more longterm than right away, like if u leave it overnight for at least week to notice) and leave overnight. btw did u know that rosehip oil actually is a natural source of retin-a? =/