Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meboston

Vitamins for Acne

I have had moderate acne since I was about 13- I'm 20 now and am just about at the end of my rope. I've tried everything just short of accutane (I'm also not interested in using accutane) and I've been in and out of dermatologist offices all throughout my teenage years.

Recently, I've decided its time for a change! I've decided to try a more minimalist approach and instead of using prescriptions from doctors I want to try taking vitamins that are known to help with acne along with simply using soap and water on my skin. The problem is, I just need help deciding which vitamins to take that will help my specific type of acne.

Mine acne includes: small white heads all over my chin that literally never go away, blackheads all over my nose and forehead, and the occasional flare up around my period. I was looking at the reviews on this website for vitamins but trying to pick one (or more) to try was overwhelming :cry: if anyone here has similar acne to me and has tried using vitamins (or if you have a good idea on what I should try!) I would REALLY appreciate some help.

Thanks!!

Vitamins are not a solution to acne, these molecules helps the body but you also have other type of molecules, fatty acids (like linoleic acid, omega3) who also helps the body and skin. Research on that.

I have had moderate acne since I was about 13- I'm 20 now and am just about at the end of my rope. I've tried everything just short of accutane (I'm also not interested in using accutane) and I've been in and out of dermatologist offices all throughout my teenage years.

Recently, I've decided its time for a change! I've decided to try a more minimalist approach and instead of using prescriptions from doctors I want to try taking vitamins that are known to help with acne along with simply using soap and water on my skin. The problem is, I just need help deciding which vitamins to take that will help my specific type of acne.

Mine acne includes: small white heads all over my chin that literally never go away, blackheads all over my nose and forehead, and the occasional flare up around my period. I was looking at the reviews on this website for vitamins but trying to pick one (or more) to try was overwhelming :cry: if anyone here has similar acne to me and has tried using vitamins (or if you have a good idea on what I should try!) I would REALLY appreciate some help.

Thanks!!

hmm... well vitamins probably wont CURE your acne, but they will definetly minimize your breakouts. i take fish oil, vitamin e, vitamin d, and vitamin a all in small doses. i have very mild acne, and usually get small whiteheads. my acne is mild, and vitamins still did not cure. but they do really help even skin tone and minimize break outs.