Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BorntoRun

Just another log... (UPDATE POST-TANE)

Day 54 (About 7 1/2 weeks in)

So some fun un-accutane-related life things I want to share.

-Ran 15 miles today. Longest run since July when I injured my knee and I'm stoked!

-There's a new boy and I found out that no, accutane did not make me unable to get wet, apparently the other guy I slept with just didn't turn me on because this NEW guy definitely got me wet. Sorry if that's incredibly graphic BUT it IS related to the medication. I was worried I'd be stuck using lube the entire course but that is not the case. And... new boy! I'm so excited. I'm trying to take things slow with him cause I think we could actually turn into something. For example, we went on our second date tonight and haven't had sex yet. I plan to wait a while as frustrating as that is for both of us. Super excited!!!

I'll recap week 8 on Tuesday as normal :D

good job on the run, and haha its not too graphic. From the perspective of a guy it is kinda frustrating to have to wait but when you do you really do think about the girl who is making you wait ALL the time and it is def worth it when you finally do it (don't make him wait too long tho bc guys cant wait forever haha)

I've been keeping up with your log and just realized I've never posted! Congrats on clearing up from the start. I'm happy to hear you didn't have to deal with an IB. And you were in no way being too graphic.....I was actually wondering about that myself. I just started week 5 today, and haven't seen the boy since week 1(been on vacation). I was sort of freaking out in my head worrying what he will think if he cant get me wet hahah.

You sound like exactly the kind of person I want to be friends with, BorntoRun, haha! I love how upbeat about this you are. Sooo lucky about the IB, too! I'm glad to hear that a)you can still run and b)you can still have, uh, fun. I recently bought a stationary bike (too cold up north for outdoor running--I know, I am such a baby), and I really want to be able to use it without feeling a lot of pain. And as far as the sex goes, my husband will totally be relieved about the whole wet thing. :redface:

Thanks for being so inspirational attitude wise for those of us just starting!!

Week 8 Recap: 1/5 - 1/11

Dosage:

[40mg/day - Amnesteem]

Skin:

-Gunk in nose

-2 Smal pimples

-1 medium size pimple

-All pimples healed within 4 days

-Clear except for the medium sized pimple "remnants" and the 1 teeny pimple in my hairline which you can't see. So I'm still pretty happy.

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips, Eyes, Hair, Butthole, Vagina, Skin

-Itchy Skin

-Thinner Skin, cut more easily

-Trouble Sleeping & Fatigue

-Ongoing Tinnitus in ears

-Back/Join pain especially when I work out

-Peach-fuzz type hair on my face

Other Notes:

-Taking a week off running after my 15-miler on Saturday. Feeling pretty good about it :)

-Started my new job and going a little nuts

-New boy and I are doing great :)

Day 54 (About 7 1/2 weeks in)

So some fun un-accutane-related life things I want to share.

-Ran 15 miles today. Longest run since July when I injured my knee and I'm stoked!

-There's a new boy and I found out that no, accutane did not make me unable to get wet, apparently the other guy I slept with just didn't turn me on because this NEW guy definitely got me wet. Sorry if that's incredibly graphic BUT it IS related to the medication. I was worried I'd be stuck using lube the entire course but that is not the case. And... new boy! I'm so excited. I'm trying to take things slow with him cause I think we could actually turn into something. For example, we went on our second date tonight and haven't had sex yet. I plan to wait a while as frustrating as that is for both of us. Super excited!!!

I'll recap week 8 on Tuesday as normal :D

:')

That was one of my worries too! but luckily I had no need to. Imagine saying to my boyfriend, 'Sorry babe i'm a prune for 6 months ;)' I mean he'd totally understand but i'd die. Like curl up in a ball and die.

Aww well have fun and i'm sure the frustration will just make it more fun in the end.

Anyway!

Good luck with your treatment and new boy :)

xx

Month 2 / Week 9 Recap Combined:

I can't believe I'm already in month 3!! :clap:

Acne:

-Couple new pimples, including one rather large one but healed fast. Since I basically got no pimples my first month I'm wondering if this is because I'm on Amnesteem. I heard someone on here say it doesn't work as well as Clavaris and I think I'm paranoid now. I got month 3 in the Clavaris brand just to be safe. I felt like it worked better.

-Still some blocked pores which I'm afraid will turn into pimples at some point.

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips

-Dry Eyes

-Dry Hair

-Dry vagina/butthole

-Dry/Sensitive Skin in general

-Rash on back of hands after cleaning

-Rash on elbows

-Itchy Skin

-Trouble Sleeping

-Fatigue

-Back/Joint Pain

-Tinnitus / Pressure in Ears

-Skin cut more easily and scrapes/cuts don't heal as fast

-Bloody Nose

Life Notes:

-Maintaining Exercise (Running 21ish miles a week including one 10+ mile run/week)

-Started career! Hence why I'm not on here that much.

-Dating new boy! We DID sleep together and had no dryness issues.

Miss all you guys! Sorry I haven't been on here as much! My new career requires 60+ hrs a week during the first 3 months of the year so things have been crazy!

So much good news! Especially about the boy, ;).

I so wish I could motivate myself to start running again, Id love to be able to do the distances you do, my limit used to be about 4-5mile but now its about 2 haha.

happy for you and the boy! man, i can't wait for my skin to be clear. i kept telling my boy that my skin sucks. heh. your skin looks purrfect from your display pic, actually.

just a question!

i'm confused! claravis and anmeestem (sp?) are supposed to be the same formula, are they? by law, a drug that is on the market has a "copyright" or alloted time frame where it cannot be made into a generic medicine. so therefore when the timeline expires (not extendable by law) the manufacturer, in this case roche, MUST make public the formula?

*confused again and apologies for the offtopic*

Oh yes, by law they are required to be the exact same. However, another girl on here's dermatologist ONLY lets her have clavaris and my derm always writes out the script for clavaris. And then the ONE month I'm on amnesteem I break out a little. Yes this could all just be coincidence but when it comes to acne, I never discount ANY theory! lol

I realize I'm being paranoid but oh well :). Maybe it's the fact that the amnesteem comes in gelcaps and I feel they are not as sturdy as the capsules clavaris comes in. Who knows. Glad I'm back on clavaris though!

Hey Borntorun!

I have a question I wanted to ask for a while now.

When you started your course, did you have any acne that was just like whiteheads and blackheads sitting in your skin. What I mean is that they are not inflamed and sometimes they don't stick out of the skin too much. You have to pull the skin apart in order to really see them. So they are virtually just clogged pores.

If so, what happens to them with accutane? I have a few of those in my chin and I'm wondering how they are going to go away.

Thanks! I hope you're doing great!

@Katushkinz - yes I definitely have those. I have two that I've had since the start of my course unfortunately and they're still there. I'm hoping eventually they come out. I know I had one at the beginning of my course and about 1 month in it became a big inflamed pimple and went away in like a day. The other two however are still there. I hope they just go away but i feel like they'll be there forever!

@donna - thanks girl :)

Katushkinz: I can answer your question aswell! I had TONS of those. Some of them erupted into big inflamed pimples, some into small ones. But they definitely turned into pimples for me...and I still have some -_-'

Hey borntorun! Long time no talk sweetie :P I'm so happy for you that you got yourself a new boy...seems like accutane is giving us our confidence back :P I'm gonna try talking to my derm about Bactrim since it worked so well for you :)

Hey question here, I run out of my first month of Clavaris on Friday (1/28) but my appointment for blood results/getting the next month supply isn't until Monday (1/31). Will these three days of no accutane effect me? Will I break out?

Awww thanks :) and I would just start going every other day so you can last your pills until you get your next refill. But no, it's not going to affect your treatment that much unless you go a couple weeks without...

BorntoRun, just wanted to say I really enjoy your log! It is so honest. I told my still-not-completely-convinced boyfriend about your "dry vagina/butthole" comment, and we both agreed that showed some pretty awesome honesty and humor :)

I'm three weeks out from the start of my first course of Accutane, and am really pumped. Your blog was a huge part of convincing me that this is a really good idea, so thank you!!

Awww thank you everyone for your support! Sorry I've been gone for a while, this new career is KILLER.

To answer a qusetion I got a while back... no my dermatologist doesn't prefer one brand over another, but I do :) I can be a little paranoid sometimes.

Week 11 Recap

Skin:

-I've had one inflamed pimple this week and one inflamed pimple last week. However, these have both cleared up and things are looking amazing again.

Side Effects:

Same as http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=3019015

no use repeating, but there are a few notes I want to make.

-I've been having an EXTREMELY hard time pooping lately. Like it takes forever and i have to push really hard and there's a lot of pain, some blood and then the poop comes out in these little tiny rocks. It's very frustrating. The other day though I happened to drink WAY more water than I normally do and then the next day had the most amazing poop EVER. Like... soft... in one piece... didn't have to push that hard.

So, long story short, if you're having shit problems, drink more! If you hate water like I do, get some crystal light fruit punch or grape flavor and drink that. It tastes like kool-aid.

AND, as far as the dry vagina goes, it's DEFINITELY not accutane related. Apparently I just wasn't into that last guy because this new guy gets me plenty lubricated LOL.

Other than that, nothing new.

Ran 14 miles today. Decided I'm going to do a marathon in April... maybe :D

Hope you all are doing well!

Edited by BorntoRun
Awww thank you everyone for your support! Sorry I've been gone for a while, this new career is KILLER.

To answer a qusetion I got a while back... no my dermatologist doesn't prefer one brand over another, but I do :) I can be a little paranoid sometimes.

Week 11 Recap

Skin:

-I've had one inflamed pimple this week and one inflamed pimple last week. However, these have both cleared up and things are looking amazing again.

Side Effects:

Same as http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=3019015

no use repeating, but there are a few notes I want to make.

-I've been having an EXTREMELY hard time pooping lately. Like it takes forever and i have to push really hard and there's a lot of pain, some blood and then the poop comes out in these little tiny rocks. It's very frustrating. The other day though I happened to drink WAY more water than I normally do and then the next day had the most amazing poop EVER. Like... soft... in one piece... didn't have to push that hard.

So, long story short, if you're having shit problems, drink more! If you hate water like I do, get some crystal light fruit punch or grape flavor and drink that. It tastes like kool-aid.

AND, as far as the dry vagina goes, it's DEFINITELY not accutane related. Apparently I just wasn't into that last guy because this new guy gets me plenty lubricated LOL.

Other than that, nothing new.

Ran 14 miles today. Decided I'm going to do a marathon in April... maybe :D

Hope you all are doing well!

LOL you are so hilariously honest, I love it. I'm so glad to know things are still going well! Even in the personal female department xD Good job on 14miles, thats amazing. Keep it up girl!