Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BorntoRun

Just another log... (UPDATE POST-TANE)

Day 38

So... I may be being slightly paranoid here, but I've grown this "peach fuzz-y" type hair on the sides of my face and my chin. I mean, I kinda noticed it a couple weeks ago but I guess it's been getting longer/worse because tonight when I washed my face it was REALLY noticeable :-/ I don't see it when I look at myself straight-on in the mirror but when I tilt to the side, it is REALLY apparent. It's like a really fine light hair so it kinda "catches" the light as silly as that sounds :(. Just out of curiosity I googled accutane and increased facial hair and there are quite a few people out there who have experienced the EXACT same hair growth in the EXACT same spots on accutane (females). This is frustrating. It's not bad YET but I certainly don't want it getting any worse. I'll be calling the derm on Monday.

I was kinda worried that this was all too good to be true though, I mean, who clears up from Day 1 on accutane? Something had to go awry... :(

**crossing my fingers that it's nothing and that I'm being paranoid!!!**

peach-fuzzy..? weird! Maybe you have it from long ago and you only started to notice it since you don't have to concentrate on your pimples anymore!

And you made me laugh about the chapped bum..same thing happened to me, I went for a poop and it started bleeding I was like ''OH MY GOD WTF'' then I thought to myself...accutane. So I just sighted, applied some vaseline and went to sleep. =P

lol naw this is definitely new. I tried to tweeze some of them and most just kinda fell out. I just ordered an epilator (basically a device that yanks hairs out) from amazon.com because I've decided....

even if this is permanent, I'd rather epilate/nair/wax my face for the rest of my life than deal with acne. How vain is that?? At least hair you can remove in a matter of minutes. Acne... takes days... weeks... sometimes months to go away. Yep, I'll take the random peach fuzz thank you!

for now at least. I doubt I'll think the same thing if my entire face gets covered in it or something! lol

I have a feeling nothing will happen to you :) same as nothing will be happening to me as I also get sloshed on New Year's Eve.

But I do have to say...

Drinking Tips on Accutane:

1. Drink LOTS of water throughout the night, as you are more dehydrated than normal while drinking. If you REALLY don't want to drink water WHILE you're drinking alcohol, when you get home, drink as MUCH water as physically possible before going to bed. I usually get down about 3 cups (24 oz).

2. Watch yourself, I get drunk much quicker on acctuane. Wait a few minutes after each drink or shot before starting the next one to "really feel" where you are drunk-wise.

3. Don't plan on doing anything to productive the next day until you know how accutane affects your hangovers. They may be worse than usual although I've found if I drink the crap-ton of water before bed they're not bad :)

Cheers!

Day 38

So... I may be being slightly paranoid here, but I've grown this "peach fuzz-y" type hair on the sides of my face and my chin. I mean, I kinda noticed it a couple weeks ago but I guess it's been getting longer/worse because tonight when I washed my face it was REALLY noticeable :-/ I don't see it when I look at myself straight-on in the mirror but when I tilt to the side, it is REALLY apparent. It's like a really fine light hair so it kinda "catches" the light as silly as that sounds :(. Just out of curiosity I googled accutane and increased facial hair and there are quite a few people out there who have experienced the EXACT same hair growth in the EXACT same spots on accutane (females). This is frustrating. It's not bad YET but I certainly don't want it getting any worse. I'll be calling the derm on Monday.

I was kinda worried that this was all too good to be true though, I mean, who clears up from Day 1 on accutane? Something had to go awry... :(

**crossing my fingers that it's nothing and that I'm being paranoid!!!**

I have the same thing with the Peach fuzz on sides of face. I'm so not a hairy person! I just figured it might be from my birth control. Never thought it might be from the accutane. I'm praying it all goes away after our courses! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Well I hope this makes you feel better about the peach fuzz, I like spent literally 4 hours searching past accutane logs on this board finding as many people as I could who experience the same thing and messaged them all (about 6 in total, 5 females and 1 male) and they ALL said the peach fuzz disappeared after they finished their courses. So until then, we must endure!

:)

Week 6 Recap: 12/22-12/28

Dosage:

[40mg/day - Amnesteem]

Skin:

-Clear

-Some blocked pores I'm worried about turning into pimples eventually

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips, Eyes, Hair, Butthole, Skin (have to put aquaphor on my butthole to keep from having REALLY painful bowel movements.... eeeks!)

-Itchy Skin

-Thinner Skin, cut more easily

-Trouble Sleeping & Fatigue

-Ongoing Tinnitus in ears

-Constantly sick (cold-like symptoms)

-Back/Join pain especially when I work out

-Peach-fuzz type hair on my face, especially on sides, upper lip and chin and a little on my nose

-Issue having sex (I don't uh... "lube up" as a female normally would)

Other Notes:

-As noted before, sex is becoming difficult without lube :(

-Still drinking (haven't noticed anything bad with this except i have to dink WAY more water compared to when I wasn't on accutane and got drunk)

-Still running... another half marathon this Sunday!

That is all :) How are all you doing?

Edited by BorntoRun

Hey, I just started Accutane yesterday and forgot to ask my derm about wearing concealer. I use Almay Clear Complexion Concealer (it has salicylic acid in it). So, can I use that when going through my initial break out phase? Since, my derm said to stop all acne medications while on accutane can I still use it? Thought you could help me out. Thanks!

I'll tell you what I tell other people, just monitor your skin. You'll know when it's too much because your skin will start burning or flaking more than usual. Just use it until it's too drying and then stop :) Trust me, you'll know!

Day 43

Sooo remember when I said all my blackheads went away? They were replaced by clogged pores, not black colored, just clogged and gross looking. I've been trying everything and finally today said "fuck it" and bought some biore strips for my nose. I couldn't take them anymore. And... whatdya know, the strips worked really well!

p.s. if any of you try this, just remember to take the strip off VERY slowly and if you feel any skin coming off, re-wet the strip and soak it in warm water before trying to remove, it'll "de-stick" the glue. I had no problems, but wanted to put that disclaimer out there.

LOOK at these buggers!

post-141096-1293650363_thumb.jpg

post-141096-1293650366_thumb.jpg

post-141096-1293650370_thumb.jpg

post-141096-1293650357_thumb.jpg

Edited by BorntoRun
Day 43

Sooo remember when I said all my blackheads went away? They were replaced by clogged pores, not black colored, just clogged and gross looking. I've been trying everything and finally today said "fuck it" and bought some biore strips for my nose. I couldn't take them anymore. And... whatdya know, the strips worked really well!

p.s. if any of you try this, just remember to take the strip off VERY slowly and if you feel any skin coming off, re-wet the strip and soak it in warm water before trying to remove, it'll "de-stick" the glue. I had no problems, but wanted to put that disclaimer out there.

LOOK at these buggers!

Hmm I'm really tempted to get some for my nose as well. I just noticed how huge and noticeable my blackheads are now. I've never used blackhead strips though so i'm kind of scared haha. Or just worried they won't work >_< But that's great they worked for you! Hooray! (:

Well every other time I"ve used them they've taken a couple tries (like once every 3 days) before the blackheads came out. But I think this time was different because accutane was kind of pushing them out anyway which was why they suddenly became WAY more noticeable (like little things sticking up) so I decided to go for it :)

I say try it, what do you have to lose?

yay! I'm glad you're clearing up. :D

I had yucky stuff coming out of my nose around day 40 as well and also caved and used a biore strip :lol: I'm on day 65 now and there's no more gunk coming outta my nose, so hang in there! ;)

glad to see you're doing well - I'm noticing more gunk in my nose/tzone being pushed out now that I've upped my dosage again!

Also, in regards to drinking alcohol I drank frequently during my first course and all of my liver levels always came back fine. I tried to limit it to once a week but often times I exceeded that (and by once a week I mean getting drunk once a week)

Good luck in the half marathon and your course!

I'm having the same thing you're having...it's like accutane is pushing the gunk out of my skin. I picked at my chin this morning because the blackheads looked so bad. They've never looked that noticeable to me before. I thought for sure my chin would be red and inflammed but when I got out of the shower but it was back to normal. I also have a lot of blackheads on my nose that I've always had. :redface: I wrap tissue around my fingers and pick at them every few days. I will be soooo ecstatic if accutane gets rid of them. No matter how many times I did extractions before they always came back. I remember ppl making comments about it in 5th/6th grade.

I think I'll try the biore strips tonight. I have the ones for chin and nose.

Thanks for the support everyone!!

Week 7 Recap: 12/28 - 1/4

Dosage:

[40mg/day - Amnesteem]

Skin:

-Clear

-Some blocked pores I'm worried about turning into pimples eventually

-Gunk in nose, used Biore strips and they worked wonderfully

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips, Eyes, Hair, Butthole, Vagina, Skin

-Itchy Skin

-Thinner Skin, cut more easily

-Trouble Sleeping & Fatigue

-Ongoing Tinnitus in ears

-Back/Join pain especially when I work out

-Peach-fuzz type hair on my face

Other Notes:

-Ran half marathon yesterday and beat my best time, AND got second place in my division!

Wow congrats on the marathon time! that is awesome! I think I'm gonna have to try those Biore strips, I am so sick of all this gunk on my nose. The only thing that's holding me back is the price..I remember them being like $10? A lot for a college student LOL. I'm glad to hear things are going well with you

My nose cleared on my second week I think and nothing has built back up. I did get black heads everywhere I never got before though.. they are slowly subsiding as well.

Congratulations on the Marathon! Proud of you ;)