Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BorntoRun

Just another log... (UPDATE POST-TANE)

I have to say, it seems like I'm addicted to popping all the heads out nowadays, especially since I start tane (I stare at the mirror longer now)! It's soooo satisfying to see whatever little surface area on my face that's clear, nevermind the pores. :dance:

But I got a feeling I'm gonna regret it someday. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Hey it's my one month anniversary on accutane!

Month 1 Recap:

Acne:

-Some new blocked pores

-Some new blackheads

-1 or 2 actives on chin throughout month but very small and healed within days

-1 blocked pore became inflamed pimple which I popped and it's healing very fast

-Skin looked lumpy the first few weeks

-Skin felt like sandpaper the first few weeks

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips

-Dry Eyes

-Dry Hair

-Dry/Sensitive Skin

-Itchy Skin

-Trouble Sleeping

-Fatigue

-Back/Joint Pain

-Tinnitus / Pressure in Ears

-Skin cut more easily and scrapes/cuts don't heal as fast

-Bloody Nose

Life Notes:

-Maintaining Exercise (Running 21ish miles a week including one 10+ mile run/week)

-Drinking lots of Alcohol. We'll see what my blood tests next week say

-Still nervous I'm going to get my IB in month 2 :-/

Edit: Removed Pic

Edited by BorntoRun

BorntoRun:

u dont look bad at all! as far as i can see... u look fabulous!!!!

And yea.. i get sick very often for the 1st 2 months when i was on accutane. Mainly sorethroats, flu & fever. Accutane is very drying for our body and especially our skin. Just make sure u moisturise your skin, drink plenty of water and rest well!

Thanks guys, yeah I can't believe what accutane has done for my skin in the short while I've been on it. I haven't gone an entire month without a cyst since 2001-ish. This is just... crazy. I'm so happy.

Except yeah, I'm always sick. Sore throats, cough, flu, colds.... grawr. I know it's because I'm not drinking enough water but I HATE water :(

I think it's mostly "dehydration" related?? I'm sure if I drank enough water I'd be fine. I kind of like to live on diet coke :-/ Bad bad bad I know....

And thank you for hte compliment, this is the best it's looked in YEARS AND YEARS!

so glad you are having magnificent results (:

my 1 month mark is tomorrow and i think my initial breakout has stopped BUT dont want to say too soon or jinx anything lols hopefully i can have cool results like you in a short time (:

but anyways. keep it up ! GL

You are so pretty!! You know how you read some peoples blogs and comments and you feel like you know them and kinda picture what they look like. Well, you look kinda like I would have pictured you. LOL, I don't mean to sound physco :shock: Just as pretty on the outside :)

Awww thanks guys :) and I totally know what you mean about "picturing someone a certain way" lol

Anyway... it's that time again........

Week 5 Recap: 12/15/10-12/21/10 <-- Month and a half down!!!

Dosage:

12/15-12/17

[30mg/day - Clavaris] + [1 Bactrim Pill/Every other Day]

**switched to 40mg in middle of week**

12/18-12/21

[40mg/day - Amnesteem ONLY] (stopped antibiotics for now... we'll see what happens)

Skin:

-A blocked pore I've had for a couple months now became and inflamed pimple. I popped it, and it looked really bad for a day but quickly healed. It is now just a faded red mark. Used Retin-A to fade it and it's now barely visible.

-2 blocked pores on my right cheek I'm keeping an eye on because they look awfully similar to the one on my left cheek that became inflamed :-/ Trying to kill these with Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid

-Still using retin-a and salycilic acid on my nose to keep blackheads at bay. This is working pretty well

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips

-Dry Eyes

-Dry Hair

-Cuts/Scrapes Taking Longer to Heal

-Itchy Skin

-Trouble Sleeping

-Fatigue

-Ongoing Tinnitus/Pressure in Ears (still not too bad though)

-Back/Joint Pain especially when I work out

-chapped butthole. Yeah... not sure you guys want to know that BUT I just slathered some aquaphor on there when I go to bed at night and no longer chapped :). Yay! It was pretty painful when it happened though!

Other Notes:

-Still Drinking, don't see this slowing down until I start work January 4th lol

-Still running

-Life is good

Edited by BorntoRun

Is your skin not getting too dry/sore for you to put BP, SA etc on it yet?

I hope mine stays okay for as long as yours.

P.S Chapped bum...that cheered me up and made me laugh (not that you had it ofcourse)!

Hey! I definitely have to use the SA and BP sparingly, and only on certain parts of my face. My nose hasn't dried out so I still use it there almost every night but as far as the rest of my face, if I have a clogged pore, I'll take a q-tip and dip it in the BP or SA and just dab that tiny little pore. I don't slather it all over my face like i used to! And my forehad and around my lips are off limits. Those two areas are really dry!

And yeah... the bum... ouch!!!! lol

Ahhh right, i see. I'm using my Mario Badescu spot treatment, I'm glad that maybe just dabbing it on active spots should be okay as the weeks go on as it dries them things up like magic!

I looooove Mario Badescu!!! That's the salicylic acid I use... his "drying lotion". Works like a charm :D. A couple days ago when I had a big pimple I used his buffering lotion too. That stuff is amazing as well. I have to admit though I can't use the "drying mask" anymore. The brown mask thing?? I used it once a few weeks ago and my face felt like it had NO moisture for like 3 days :-/

hahahahha chapped butthole, I love it! at least you're not afraid to admit it, I was too scared to write about it in my topic lol!! I didn't use aquaphor but if it gets bad again I will have to try it. Oh and now that you have a display pic...I must say you look A LOT like Heather who was on America's Next Top Model....if you don't watch then here is a link of her...seriously you could be sisters!

http://www.autismcoach.com/Heather%20Kuzmi...Top%20Model.jpg

Day 36

Derm appointment today. She's keeping me on 40mg because of my side effects. She said that for my weight, 40mg should be fine anyway so she doesn't really foresee upping it anytime in the future. Score.... :D

I looooove Mario Badescu!!! That's the salicylic acid I use... his "drying lotion". Works like a charm :D. A couple days ago when I had a big pimple I used his buffering lotion too. That stuff is amazing as well. I have to admit though I can't use the "drying mask" anymore. The brown mask thing?? I used it once a few weeks ago and my face felt like it had NO moisture for like 3 days :-/

Thats the stuff I use, got some dabbed on my face right now actually. I havent tried the buffering lotion but I did read that it was good for under the surface ones.

I couldnt put the drying cream all over my face either, it does what it says...dries haha! I just used it on my back, after Id exercised Id get ones on the top of my back, the drying cream cleared it up completely.

Day 37:

I wanted to note that my blackheads on my nose are gone. Just... gone. Not sure when that happened. But, awesomeness!

Woohooo! I'm waiting for that day. I've seen quite an improvement in terms of blackheads too!