Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BorntoRun

Just another log... (UPDATE POST-TANE)

Week 3 Summary: 12/1/10-12/7/10

[30mg/day - Clavaris] + [1 Bactrim Pill/Day]

Skin:

-Getting some blackheads in places I've never gotten blackheads before.

-Getting some small blocked pores (whiteheads?) in places I've never gotten them before.

-Nothing inflamed though.

-Overall skin looks amazing. I've been told I have a "glow" lately lol! :surprised:

-Did learn my lesson about trying to "pop" the blocked pores. Skin's too delicate for that now, I just gotta wait it out :(:naughty:

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips

-Cuts/Scrapes not healing

-Trouble Sleeping

-Tinnitus (though I'm getting very used to it so I'm barely noticing it anymore)

-Pressure in Ears (if it gets bad I just pop a sudafed and it clears it right up)

-Lower Back aching when I lay down. It's almost like the weight of gravity on it or something. Weird feeling. Not sharp, just aching.

-Some Dandruff

Other Notes:

-Ran a half marathon on saturday. No accutane-induced problems :D PR'ed by over 20 minutes too :D:dance:

-I'm also continuing to drink. I'm not an alcoholic but I definitely live the life of a college kid. Originally I planned on not drinking but uh... yeah. We'll see how my bloodwork comes out at the end of the month. I have no doubt I can cut it out completely if something is amiss with my liver lol! :rolleyes:

how much would u say u drink???

i was nervous about drinking during my first course. i was 17 and wanted to drink with my friends plus my family is a big bunch of drinkers and we have a huge reunion over the summer and lets just say, beer is everywhere and very tempting. haha plus i love the taste of alcohol, aha. but on my last course i didnt drink every week but i did drink. this time around, i dont drink as much in general, but i have drank so far while on it and bloodwork was totally fine. i wouldn;t drink everyday if u can try and dont like..get bombed every weekend. plus u will most likely notice a tolerance decrease cuz accutane is going through ur liver so ur liver is preoccupied and filters the alcohol slower... i can get a tad buz now after like half a beer, its pathetic. ha just be careful!

Week 3 Summary: 12/1/10-12/7/10

[30mg/day - Clavaris] + [1 Bactrim Pill/Day]

Skin:

-Getting some blackheads in places I've never gotten blackheads before.

-Getting some small blocked pores (whiteheads?) in places I've never gotten them before.

-Nothing inflamed though.

-Overall skin looks amazing. I've been told I have a "glow" lately lol! :surprised:

-Did learn my lesson about trying to "pop" the blocked pores. Skin's too delicate for that now, I just gotta wait it out :(:naughty:

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips

-Cuts/Scrapes not healing

-Trouble Sleeping

-Tinnitus (though I'm getting very used to it so I'm barely noticing it anymore)

-Pressure in Ears (if it gets bad I just pop a sudafed and it clears it right up)

-Lower Back aching when I lay down. It's almost like the weight of gravity on it or something. Weird feeling. Not sharp, just aching.

-Some Dandruff

Other Notes:

-Ran a half marathon on saturday. No accutane-induced problems :D PR'ed by over 20 minutes too :D:dance:

-I'm also continuing to drink. I'm not an alcoholic but I definitely live the life of a college kid. Originally I planned on not drinking but uh... yeah. We'll see how my bloodwork comes out at the end of the month. I have no doubt I can cut it out completely if something is amiss with my liver lol! :rolleyes:

That's so awesome! Glad to hear you are continuing all your normal activities. I want a glass of wine or beer so bad but I've been to scared. I think I'm gonna drink this weekend. Just alittle ;) I'll let you know how it goes, lol.

Hell yea, good job with the marathon! that's great to hear. Keep it up!

It's nice to heard there are a few people on the same boat as me... I do drink, but very limited. I'll have a beer every so often, or wine. but i'd never get buzzed or drunk... I'm scared to try! I don't want to ruin anything when I'm a month and a half away till finishing my course.

Sooo I'm sure I'm going to get a bunch of crap from people about this but I figured I'd post it in case OTHERS are wondering if anyone on here has gotten drunk and still survived lol...

I'M TRASHED. Not buzzed, tipsy, or slightly intoxicated. I'm WASTED. Yep.... bleh. I know I know I know. But I drank two whole glasses of water and a bowl of oatmeal just now so hoping that will help? Dunno probably stupid.

BUT I have good reason! (doesn't every alcoholic?? lol). tonight was my LAST night of grad school, and in that case last night of school EVER. I will NEVER have to do schoolwork EVER again. I could just about cry right now.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

And.... I'm REALLY going to try to not drink for the next couple weeks. Seriously.

Edit: Fixed my millions of typos... LOL

Edited by BorntoRun

LOL i know what you mean.. drinking is hard to say no too especially on big occasions just like the one you had.. i remember finishing school last year and me and friends just drank the weekends away until we past out lol (:

but don't worry you'll be alright since accutane is a strong drug,

id say dont let accutane wreck your end of school celebrations !

goodluck tc.

Congrats on finishing grad school!! I just applied to do more school and I'm waiting to hear back...seems like I've been in school forever though, can't wait until the day I'm finally done... like you! ;)

Thanks girlie :) I'm feeling great today. I'll do an update in a few days to recap week 4. I'm trying not to do "daily stuff" because I feel like it'd be more meaningful for me to see entire week's worth of progress at a time :D But I love keeping up on all yours!

Wow congrats for finishing school!!! That must be an amazing feeling :) are you going to start job hunting soon? When I finished school I found myself missing it a lot :P hope you don't get into those mixed feelings hahaha

Also very happy for you that you're still avoiding the IB, such a pain in the ass!

Thanks for dropping by.

And I just finished my intermediate accounting exam and phew am I happy too. I would've drank too if school was actually over! You are a very fortunate person right about now. Keep on basking in the satisfaction of being done. I know I would.

Noseey - Ooooh intermediate accounting! I'm a CPA so I feel your pain!!!!!

and Heine, I already have a job :) public accounting firms hire a year or more in advance where I am :D But I have no doubt I'll miss it!

Sooo I'm sure I'm going to get a bunch of crap from people about this but I figured I'd post it in case OTHERS are wondering if anyone on here has gotten drunk and still survived lol...

I'M TRASHED. Not buzzed, tipsy, or slightly intoxicated. I'm WASTED. Yep.... bleh. I know I know I know. But I drank two whole glasses of water and a bowl of oatmeal just now so hoping that will help? Dunno probably stupid.

BUT I have good reason! (doesn't every alcoholic?? lol). tonight was my LAST night of grad school, and in that case last night of school EVER. I will NEVER have to do schoolwork EVER again. I could just about cry right now.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

And.... I'm REALLY going to try to not drink for the next couple weeks. Seriously.

Edit: Fixed my millions of typos... LOL

lmao! i feel ya. i got sooooooooo wasted...i mean, completely, totally plowed like three or four nights ago (can't remember, naturally). i also survived. ;) i hurt like hell the next day, though. no worse hangover than normal, however. i'm really going to try to not drink at all this week because i have to go get my bloods for my next month run on friday and am so paranoid of a bad liver test and getting yanked off the tane. i would seriously flip out if that were to happen. so we'll see if i can make it through the week...i almost had some tonight but decided against it. i've also decided to just keep it pretty much to 3.2 beer for the most part, thinking that may be less damaging than liquor or higher alcohol beers. ha. this is going to be a looooong 5.5 months.

congrats on finishing grad school! that's awesome! and i hope you have a great skin week. :)

Thanks for the support everyone :)

Week 4 Recap: 12/8/10-12/14/10

[30mg/day - Clavaris] + [1 Bactrim Pill/Every other Day]

Skin:

-Clear except for blackheads

-Started using Retin-A again AND salicyclic acid JUST on my nose because of the blackheads. They were getting all "plugged up" looking and retin-a REALLY helps unplug things. Plus my nose hasn't seemed to be hit as hard with the sensitivity as the rest of my face so I feel like it can handle it.

-A few blocked pores still that have been there since the first week (2 to be exact)

Side Effects:

-Dry Lips

-Cuts/Scrapes Not Healing

-Itchy Skin

-Hair is Dry

-Some trouble sleeping

-VERY TIRED!!!!!!!!!

-Tinnitus (Not getting any worse but not any better. Still not a problem...)

-Back pain when I lay down. Feels almost like the "weight of gravity" pushing on my muscles. Weird I know.

-Back pain if I'm bending over (like washing my face in the sink) and then I stand up straight. I kind of have to stretch it out for a minute or so to "work out the kink".

Other Notes:

-Drank a ton of alcohol this week

-Graduated Grad School

-Ran 11 miles and felt good although I was a little more sore than normal the next couple days.

-Life is good.

Oh and on another note - I will most likely be going up to 40mg on Thursday (my one month anniversary lol)..... not expecting to notice any change just thought I should note that.

SO happy you remained clear...you lucky girl :) Did you find it hard the day after you drank? I drank a lot last friday and my hangover was horrible...I was feeling tired all day long and couldn't do anything except watching movies and playing video games :P

ahhhh it's so not fair that you didn't have an initial breakout!!! haha I am happy for you though, also the blackheads on my nose are not out yet either wtf, thought for sure they would be gone

Well I've been thinking about it and I think a lot of people's IB's are caused by accutane causing their cell turnover to increase and therefore clogging up their pores. since I've been in retin-a forever, my skin turnover was super fast when I started accutane so I didn't have THAT particular problem

PLUS

I'm on antibiotics and didn't stop them when I got on accutane

PLUS

I"m on a low dose.

All those things helped I think with me not having an IB....

and... @ Heine - hangovers are caused by dehydration so it would make sense that accutane makes them worse. I however drink TONS of gatorade before I go to bed if I've been drinking to combat that so mine haven't been worse than normal. I'm talking like... I drink a gallon of gatorade before bed! I have to get up all night to pee but I'd rather have that than a killer hangover!

sooo good and bad news. I'll start with the bad....

One of the blocked pores that I was referring to is red and swollen and kinda painful today.

Good news is...

That means it's finally healing. That thing has been there (and pretty visible) for about 2 months now.

and the other goods news is...

the other blocked pore is almost completely healed without inflaming... yay.

omg I totally just attacked that thing with a needle. I REALLY hope it's not crazy lookin tomorrow but.... I have a feeling it will be.

Good news is a TON of gunk came out. It was all like hard gunk too. I'm not kidding when I say that thing has been clogged up for like 2 months now. So it's like it wasn't even pus it was an old hard rubbery substance surrounded by some new fresh pus. Yeah.... nasty.

Ehhhh so it's not too crazy looking. But definitely not as good as I feel like it would have looked had this been pre-accutane. Normally if I ice it, and take anti-inflammatories it's a lot better looking the next day. This is SUPER red but... at least I don't see a big lump of pus under the skin anymore. Now it's "just" red if that makes sense. But still swollen. Geeez.