Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LukeMan

Silicone Microdroplet Injections

I have been treated by Dr. Channing Barnett. She is a dematologist who is the daughter of Dr. Jay Barnett who has been a pioneer in the use of silicone microdroplet injections and Dr. Jay Barnett has been using that technique successfully for over 3o years. Dr. C. Barnett is in her early to mid thirties so her experience is less than her father but she learned and has been practicing the technique under the tutelage of her dad. She definitely uses the microdroplet technique but note that she is somehat aggressive and I did experience some swelling which lasted for several weeks. The swelling resolved itelf without intervention and the results are extraordinary after 4 sessions with Dr. C. Barnett. Another well respected docor in NY treated a different area of my face with microdroplet silicone injections extremely conservatively. After 8 sessions with that other doctor at $950 persession, the results are the same as the area treated by Dr. C. Barnett with 4 sessions ($700 persession). I can tell you that the several weeks of swelling did freak me out and I never experienced any swelling with the first doctor.

Whatever you do, do not go to dr. Paul frank in NYC for silicone injections. I now have permanent red-brown discoloration in the areas he injected. He never warned me that silicone causes red patches. It's been almost 2 years and the red patches have not subsided. do not get silicone and if you decide to, do not go to this doctor. Just get temporary fillers and save yourself the grief.

Whatever you do, do not go to dr. Paul frank in NYC for silicone injections. I now have permanent red-brown discoloration in the areas he injected. He never warned me that silicone causes red patches. It's been almost 2 years and the red patches have not subsided. do not get silicone and if you decide to, do not go to this doctor. Just get temporary fillers and save yourself the grief.

Thanks for sharing your story on the silicone. Did you just have one round? What did the doctor say about the redness? I had two rounds with Dr. Alkek and wish I hadn't, not because I saw anything horrible, but it just didn't work well, and now I have to know that I have a permanent substance that could cause problems down the road. They say the new silicone is so safe but now I have heard from other doctors and patients like yourself that there is problems even with new silicone and micro-droplet method. People should beware of permanent fillers.

That's bad to hear...permanent red-brown discoloration. New silicone will always be silicone..a foreign material to the body regardless. They should do test spots to see how one reacts to it. That's what I would suggest others do.