Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quantumtheory

I want to see a Derm but I have a question...

So I recently got medical coverage and I haven't seen my derm in about 7 years. Do I need to get a new referral to see him? or can I just give his office a call and see if he will see me?

If I need to get a referral I'll need to find a new personal physician. My last one was a pediatrician. For that I suppose I can call my parents doctor and see if they are taking new patients. Otherwise I'll have to look around and see who's available.

tl;dr: got med coverage, haven't been to derm in 7 years. Do I need a new referral to see him?

It's a different insurance than before, was on kaiser, now in united health care. No idea if they will see me. Probably going to call monday since I am completely fed up and out of do it yourself ideas.

If you had Kaiser then your derm. was probably a Kaiser derm., right? If so, then you probably can't see him again, but I'm not entirely sure. Best thing to do is call the customer service for your new plan.

Edited by Lady Odd Duck