Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive been using this gel for a month and i see no results, my skin feels like it gets worse each day. idk what to do and i really want to eliminate this gel from my daily routine. has anyone had any success with this gel?

I am wondering about this too. One month in treatment, my face is still flaky and my acne is still the same, if not worse. Keep getting these small cysts around my mouth. Don't know if I should quit Epiduo or give it two more months.

give it two more months!! use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or better, CeraVe. Moisturize too!!

About the first month and a half or so, your skin is likely going through a purging process that rids the clogged pores that are underneath your skin. Sometimes retinoids can make them worse and cause them to grow even bigger, but just know that in due time, depending on the severity of your acne, it should eventually work. Remember it's no miracle cure and you might still breakout from time to time, but definitely not as severe and lessions will heal much more quickly.

Edited by mboona

I am wondering about this too. One month in treatment, my face is still flaky and my acne is still the same, if not worse. Keep getting these small cysts around my mouth. Don't know if I should quit Epiduo or give it two more months.

Each day i want to give up but then i tell myself to keep trying because hopefully it will get better i feel horrible right now, but i thnk we should both stick with it. for me its making these big hurtful bumps come up and alot of little ones around my chin :\ gross.

give it two more months!! use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or better, CeraVe. Moisturize too!!

About the first month and a half or so, your skin is likely going through a purging process that rids the clogged pores that are underneath your skin. Sometimes retinoids can make them worse and cause them to grow even bigger, but just know that in due time, depending on the severity of your acne, it should eventually work. Remember it's no miracle cure and you might still breakout from time to time, but definitely not as severe and lessions will heal much more quickly.

thank you so much, i just came to log on and reread reviews about the epiduo gel because im so sick of getting a new pimple everyday but from the looks of it this gel takes a while to start working. i use the cetaphil gentle cleanser in the morning and the cetaphil mouisturizing cream after i apply the epiduo. i started this gel in the middle of october so i guess by the begining of feb if nothing has got better i am just going to get rid of it.

thank you so much, i just came to log on and reread reviews about the epiduo gel because im so sick of getting a new pimple everyday but from the looks of it this gel takes a while to start working. i use the cetaphil gentle cleanser in the morning and the cetaphil mouisturizing cream after i apply the epiduo. i started this gel in the middle of october so i guess by the begining of feb if nothing has got better i am just going to get rid of it.

see if your doctor can prescribe you a topical antibiotic solution like clindamycin to use in the mornings.

Yes I would use something in the morning in conjunction with the epiduo. I wouldn't recommend Clindamycin or antibotics because they lead to bacterial resistance and stop working. Ask your Dr about Prascion, its sodium sulfacetamide and sulfer it works really well. If not that then maybe a BP wash or somthin (only for the morning)