Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foreverdoomed

Accutane should be given to all that want it!!!

:wall: in my opinion as well as personal experience, doctors and derms are SO hard headed and act like they know-it-all when it comes to a patient suffering acne. They think that just because they've had how ever many years of dealing with patients with skin issues and researching dermatology, they are the gods of skin issues.

well.. they are effing NOTT!

it doesn't matter if you've been a derm for half your life. you still don't know what the patient has gone through and what he/she is experiencing, simply based on their face or facial expressions/body movements during the 10 minute appointment!

if a patient wants accutane, let them have it, especially if nothing else has worked. Make them sign a liability form that the doctor is not held responsible if something goes wrong with them because THEY insisted on going on it, and have the patient do the blood tests, pregnancy tests if they're a girl, and simply go through the procedure with them. If they're underage, have their parents sign as well.

my derms and doctors are SO DAMN effing EVILLLLLL!!!!.

when i even mention accutane, they go OMGGGGGGG. That is only for SEVERE CYSTIC DEFORMING ACNE. and they pull out pictures of people whose faces are not even visible and tell me i have to look like that to get accutane & based on those pictures, i can't get it , simply because i don't have acne all over my face. i have a few on my forehead, and my MAIN MAIN problem is that i have CLUSTERS of whiteheads [ minimum of 50 little ones] on each cheek and some scars on my chin from cystic acne that i got when i first got acne [ age 13-14] and seriously it looks soooo disgusting. way worse than cystic acne ( i've been told) because there are so many whiteheads and my cheeks literally look white.

some of those whiteheads have turned green. i dont even know why . and just so you know that i'm not over reacting , so many girls have came up to me and asked me why my face was green. ( so i am sane unfortunately)

my point is. derms and doctors should not prescribe accutane only for cystic acne. i've tried 4 different antibiotics ( bactrim, tetracycline, clindamycin, minocycline), proactive, facials, topical creams such as ( tazorac, stievamycin, clindoxyl, clindette pads) and a billion spa products. all this has cost me so much money and heartache and to no avail at ALL!

i told my derm i am CRAVING for bleeding lips, joint ache, whatever but i just want my life back..

and guess what her reaction was ( both my derms said this to me because they emailed each other ) you have anxiety.

i was like you're damn straight i have anxiety. look at my face. i'd be retarded to be happy walking around looking like this.. and my derm just sighed, got up and walked out on me.

so now i am trying to get another referral and it's been 2 weeks and i still haven't gotten word back. i live in canada dammit, we are supposed to have some kick ass healthcare. but over here the doctors don't get paid for doing blood tests and appointments cause they are all free, so basically they don't have any motivation to prescribe accutane in the first place because they won't even get paid. thats my take on it.

right now i am on dianette/diane-35 and my moods are WACKKKK especially because the pill is not doing anything ! i've been on it for 4 months now and there's not been a slight improvement at all.

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

ok that seriously felt better LOL. even if no one replies, i'll be happy that someone will know the kind of bullshit people have to deal with in regards to dermatologists.

Edited by Foreverdoomed

If the lesions are green, they need to be cultured.

you mean like sampled? yeah thats right. all my derms have done is taken one look at me and told me that i'm not washing my face.

P.S i uploaded pictures.. can you give me some input as to the severity and your opinion over whether i should be allowed to get accutane?

thankss

No, I mean cultured. ;) That means to take a swab and let the exudate grow to determine what type of bacteria might be causing the issue. Just go to a regular doctor and see if they'd be willing to culture it for you.

Honestly, it does not look like Accutane-requiring acne.

accutane for that tiny spot? dude that is nothing... id rather have what you got.. if u had what i got ud kill yourself...

If you feel that you have tried everything go and insist on having accutane. I must admit that your acne is not of any kind that I used to have, and I thought I had it all lol ;)

In fact, the kind you have now doesn't seem heavy enough to cause you scars, if they do however, speed up with the accutane!

Best of luck :)

If you feel that you have tried everything go and insist on having accutane. I must admit that your acne is not of any kind that I used to have, and I thought I had it all lol ;)

In fact, the kind you have now doesn't seem heavy enough to cause you scars, if they do however, speed up with the accutane!

Best of luck :)

thanks for the responses guys.

yah man i wish i could get accutane but no derm will give it to me.. =[ all i'm going to say is that i am losing my mind over my acne. and life sucks.

I still don't think it's acne, Foreverdoomed. That doesn't look like any acne I've ever seen on this forum. I would be very careful, and seriously consider what Accutane does; it weakens your oil glands, and at your age, can stunt your growth, make you lose hair, and cause premature aging. It can also cause depression. With something like this, that very well may respond to Accutane, but isn't really acne, I'd recommend getting a decent doctor to figure this out for you.

seek other doctors and/or derms.

If you feel this is taxing on your emotions (obviously it is) then I think seeing a therapist couldn't hurt. It doesn't negate or play-down the fact that you want your skin to be the way it was, it just helps to cope a little better.

Doesn't have to be one or the other; heal the outside as you heal the inside.

I still don't think it's acne, Foreverdoomed. That doesn't look like any acne I've ever seen on this forum. I would be very careful, and seriously consider what Accutane does; it weakens your oil glands, and at your age, can stunt your growth, make you lose hair, and cause premature aging. It can also cause depression. With something like this, that very well may respond to Accutane, but isn't really acne, I'd recommend getting a decent doctor to figure this out for you.

thanks a lot "Treefase".. ( btw.. that term would perfectly suit me not you haha]

your genuine input is greatly appreciated!

you know.. my past derms and my family doctor both told me to scrub it off [ i've scrubbed these things off like SO many times in the past.) but my cheeks turn really red like i got burned or something or scarred.. and then this shit just starts sprouting up again.. so up to now i've gone to two professionals and those idiots just told me that i'm not washing my face properly and that i need to scrub my face everyday. wtf. IDIOTS!

soo im pretty sure my next derm is gunna be the same shit different asshole kinda thing you know? .. i live in the capital city where there are 10 derms max and all of them PROBABLY chat regularly and this one will most likely tell me to scrub my face off too after hearing the opinion of his cronies.

so i dunno what to do man.. thats why i'm harping on the accutane. scrubbing is easy, dealing with the shit coming back is nottt!. soo i'm totally lost.. i donno what the hell i should do.

accutane for that tiny spot? dude that is nothing... id rather have what you got.. if u had what i got ud kill yourself...

DUDE. i've had this 'tiny spot' for 2 years now and i've tried all the anti biotics and topicals. at least cysts get smaller and stuff, these things have stayed the exact same effing size and shape for months now.

seek other doctors and/or derms.

If you feel this is taxing on your emotions (obviously it is) then I think seeing a therapist couldn't hurt. It doesn't negate or play-down the fact that you want your skin to be the way it was, it just helps to cope a little better.

Doesn't have to be one or the other; heal the outside as you heal the inside.

yeah.. i wish there was a magic button for everything in life but personally,as long as i'm not getting stared at and being reminded of how disgusting i look, i can deal with the inside issues. but thanks for your input, you are nonetheless probably right about the need for a therapist.

Hey foreverdoomed!

Im kinda with this guy, Iv never seen this kind of acne before...And maybe accutane wouldnt have much affect because it was created for people with cystic acne and maybe it doesnt effect other forms as well... I dont know about that though. It almost looks like a bacterial skin infection... however..if accutane was to work, and i was a derm..Id defs put you on it. I never had this many white heads, just a few big pimples at a time..and I understand how hard socialization is...Even make up cant cover it..but for me accutane made my anxiety worse for a while..However you REALLY need someone to actually tell you what exactly this is, cause if accutane isnt going to work you sure as hell dont want to go through with it!

As I say, All my doctors and derms would never have put me on it. My parents never thought id be allowed it and thought i was lying when i had it prescrbed (They didnt want me to have it, cause of side effects). My friends where shocked, and to be honest, so was I because I really only had mild but stubborn acne.

So for me, I cant say if your 'bad enough' or not, cause i dont really know what is causing your acne, and I was never 'bad enough' for most other people lol

Ditto.

May we know what kind of products you are using on your face?

right now i am washing my face with soap and water and i'm on the birth controle dianette/diane-35.. its supposed to be specifically for acne to block male androgens.

i quit bactrim/septra antibiotics a few weeks ago because they weren't doing anything for me since i got them in april and they've messed up my system really bad. i've tried almost all antibiotics and topicals and still... i dunno why nothing has worked.

right now i am washing my face with soap and water and i'm on the birth controle dianette/diane-35.. its supposed to be specifically for acne to block male androgens.

i quit bactrim/septra antibiotics a few weeks ago because they weren't doing anything for me since i got them in april and they've messed up my system really bad. i've tried almost all antibiotics and topicals and still... i dunno why nothing has worked.

:think:

I think you are right on track.

It's best to not use anything at all on skin with acne except basic washing, physical sunscreen and mediation ( Benzoyl peroxide, AHA etc ), most importantly to not use moisturizer at all for acne prone skin.

I think the best choice is to try AHA on those problematic areas. Start with 8% once every other night. (Use brand like, Neostrata)

I had SUPER blackheads on my nose, it's those kind of blackheads that makes me feel like I am washing a sandpaper instead of my nose; however just after a week of using AHA, it feels completely smooth whenever I touch my nose when I wash it.

Though it doesn't replace benzoyl peroxide, BP still works the best to kill off the bacteria.

My suggestion:

-Try using Ivory soap, it has very simple ingredients and doesn't leave any residue on skin that could cause or worsen pimples.

-Wash with cold water only, warm or hot water + cleanser = over stripping skin

-Don't over message skin, just a gentle circular rub on each part of skin is enough, it should only be about 10 seconds for the soap to stay on your skin

-Don't scrub any part of the skin that has active spots, it's best to leave them alone

- Every morning apply 5% benzoyl peroxide on problematic areas

- Then every other night apply 8% AHA on problematic areas or whole face ( never around eye ares though) ( 1 drop worth of amount on each cheek)

- Use physical sunscreen with Zinc and Titanium only

I really believe this method would benefit you the most.

It's logical. You'd get basic cleansing( ivory soap), just enough exfoliation(AHA) and kill off the acne causing bacteria(BP). Don't add anything else in it for at least a week so you can ensure everything is on track.

Hope this helps ;) I hope you can get well soon.

:think:

I think you are right on track.

It's best to not use anything at all on skin with acne except basic washing, physical sunscreen and mediation ( Benzoyl peroxide, AHA etc ), most importantly to not use moisturizer at all for acne prone skin.

I think the best choice is to try AHA on those problematic areas. Start with 8% once every other night. (Use brand like, Neostrata)

I had SUPER blackheads on my nose, it's those kind of blackheads that makes me feel like I am washing a sandpaper instead of my nose; however just after a week of using AHA, it feels completely smooth whenever I touch my nose when I wash it.

Though it doesn't replace benzoyl peroxide, BP still works the best to kill off the bacteria.

My suggestion:

-Try using Ivory soap, it has very simple ingredients and doesn't leave any residue on skin that could cause or worsen pimples.

-Wash with cold water only, warm or hot water + cleanser = over stripping skin

-Don't over message skin, just a gentle circular rub on each part of skin is enough, it should only be about 10 seconds for the soap to stay on your skin

-Don't scrub any part of the skin that has active spots, it's best to leave them alone

- Every morning apply 5% benzoyl peroxide on problematic areas

- Then every other night apply 8% AHA on problematic areas or whole face ( never around eye ares though) ( 1 drop worth of amount on each cheek)

- Use physical sunscreen with Zinc and Titanium only

I really believe this method would benefit you the most.

It's logical. You'd get basic cleansing( ivory soap), just enough exfoliation(AHA) and kill off the acne causing bacteria(BP). Don't add anything else in it for at least a week so you can ensure everything is on track.

Hope this helps ;) I hope you can get well soon.

thank you for your detailed input =]

*moderator edit* I've looked into it but I'm doing a Vitamin A therapy instead which is what Accutane is made of.

To be honest ur skin doesn't look oily. IMO it looks more like a fungus or maybe a yeast infection of some sort. Yes yeast grows on ur skin. Good Luck:)

I have the exact opposite problem, my derm wants to give me nothing but pills and accutane and I don't even have cystic acne. I refused because accutane can really mess you up long term and that is something I'm not willing to risk.

Some posts now edited or invisible.

To anyone suggesting that the OP consider purchasing Accutane online: Please note that purchasing prescription medications without a prescription is illegal and potentially dangerous, and that we do not allow promotion of illegal activities on these boards.

More information: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Buying-dr...t-R-t68942.html

Thank you to all the members who also pointed this out!

yeah, im glad you mentioned that c'est la vigne

Dont EVER buy accutane illegally, as well as it being illegal. It can be very dangerous.

Although i do wish it was more openly available through the medical world.