Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CassidyDB5K

How serious?

Hi Acne.org,

After starting Acanaya my face hasn't been breaking out as badly but there is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation to deal with. :( How severe is the acne and how can I continue to fix it?

2bty7q.jpg

I would say your acne is mild to slightly moderate. Since most of your acne seems to be centralized on your cheek(s), it's really not that bad. Most of what I saw was scars and hyper-pigmentations rather than active acne. Keep treating it and it should get much better! By the way your image link doesn't work.

Edited by Indiana

Hi Acne.org,

After starting Acanaya my face hasn't been breaking out as badly but there is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation to deal with. :( How severe is the acne and how can I continue to fix it?

2bty7q.jpg

Continue with the Acanya. The hyperpigmentation will fade on its own over time. Your acne is moderate grade 2 of the cheeks.

Number : The number of lesions is classified as mild (1-10 lesions), moderate (11-20 lesions) and severe (greater than 20 lesions).
and
Grade: Lesions are classified by type as grade I (comedone — open or closed), grade II (papule), Grade III (pustule) and grade IV (nodule).
and location.

From the BASI acne rating scale. More info here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/BASI-t214118.html