Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rivercat

Need to order a permanent cleasner and moisturizer

CLEANSER/MOISTURIZER POLL  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which cleanser & moisturzier do you swear by?

• Dan's Cleanser
    • Dan's Moisturizer
    • Store Bought Moisturizer
    • Purpose Cleanser
    • Cetaphil Cleanser
    • Paula's Choice Cleanser
    • Paula's Choice Moisturizer
    • Noxema Cleanser
    • Other Cleanser

I started using Dan's Cleanser on the regimen, and eventually came off of it when I was clear. Now I just battle redmarks and dry skin. I love his wash, but it dries me out, like all of my cleansers. I used to swear by Purpose, but now it makes my face red and very dry. I've been using samples of Paula's Choice Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser and my skin seems to like it. I've been moisturizing with Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel...it's decent, but I still hate using crap on my face during the day. I plan on just washing twice a day and applying Moisturizer on my face at night only, and if it's a little flakey I'll add in the Moisture Gel at least during the day.

Basically, I wanna know what you guys all recommend to me the most. The whole main problem is that I just hate ordering crap on the internet every time I run out, when it's SO much easier to just go to the store and buy it there. I just wanna find what's gonna keep my skin at it's best and just make that my final choice of skin products. I'm SICK of trying new crap. I rather see what's most popular among our community. I've used everything listed, btw and I know how my skin reacts to all of them. I'm going on a run and hope I'll get some sort of a response by the time I get back. If you used a store bought moisturizer or other cleanser, please reply with the names.

Thanks guys :D

Edited by Joey T

Yeah the hydrating cleanser and the moisturizer....both real gentle and light. Don't think the moisturizer has any SPF though but it doesn't make your face look greasy or anything. If you're looking for something with SPF all I can say is I used to use Cetaphil SPF 50 but that shit was greasy for me (It kept my face moisturized all day though, even gave it a nice shine).

See below :)

I also like Aveeno radiant face cleanser.

I like CeraVe but it doesn't feel "clean" enough to me. or maybe I am just used to fancier cleansers... Who knows. If you want something extremely simple CeraVe is a good choice.

Purpose Cleanser seems to have a good lather better than cetaphil because that feels like cum, and I also use Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 Light/Fair Skin as my moisturizer(If my skin gets dry I put couple drops of jojoba oil in my palm and massage into my face, then use a towel to blot the extra oil off)

It seems to not be worth it to buy Dan's stuff besides the BP, because you can't find that big of bulk BP in stores.

Okay, so I bought my CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser but not sure which Moisturizer I should buy...

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

http://www.cerave.com/cerave-products/cera...urizing-lotion/

OR

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM

http://www.cerave.com/cerave-products/faci...zing-lotion-pm/

Now, my plan is to moisturize ONLY at night, as I stated earlier, but I might need to add a little moisturizer to my skin during the day at times, so I don't know what the difference is between them and why ones only night and the other is anytime. The PM one sounds good cause it says it "repairs" skin, and I definitely need some repair done on my face. I plan on buying one of them later tonight, within the next hour or so, so some opinions would be amazing.

Thanks again guys!