Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hannah-Squeezefanx

Finding my way through the moisturizer minefield...

I think that the acne.org moisturizer may be making my skin irritated, as it makes my skin go bright red and sometimes itchy and bumps appear under the skin, so I fear I may be slightly allergic to it. Anyone else had this experience?

So, basically, I need a new moisturizer for my skin, which is a bit dry atm, but before using bp it was quite oily.

Can be any amount money-wise, but I really have no clue which one to go for????

Help much appriciated!Xxx

Are you sure its the moisturiser thats irritating your skin? Surely it would be the BP gel.

Personally I found Dans moisturiser to be perfect, I refuse to pay the shipping to import it though.

Now I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser, it seems to be the best available in the UK for oily/acne prone skin

EDIT: Also, I have been reading alot of posts on here lately, people seem to rate cetaphil moisturiser very highly, although I havn't tried it, it seems like a good alternative

Edited by RonnieC

I've actually just posted about a moisturiser I find helpful, which doesn't affect my acne either.

Each person is different though, so you may experience unwanted effects regarding your acne with it.

It's Nivea Tinted Moisturiser.

As I say, for me it works really well, and i've been using it for 2 weeks. It can flake a little around spots/raised acne, but with persistence it does blend in.

Thanks for the replies guys!

To be honest, I'm not sure what it is that irritates my skin, but it seems to be when I put the moisturizer on my skin gets quite itchy and if I itch it, bumps appear under my skin, I guess it could be from using too much bp over a period of time...

I might try the neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, can that be bought from Boots?

Guest T.M.

I'm about to run out of DML and I think I might give Cetaphil a go. I like the way it comes in a big bottle like the DML and Complex 15. I'm trying go to move to all products I can source on the high street for convenience. Also switching from Basic to Purpose bars soon. Last batch I had brought back from the US has lasted me near 2 years so I didn't do to bad.

Edited by T.M.

I heard a lot of people commenting good on neutrogena's moisturizers however first 4 days of using neutrogena oil free SPF 15 my skin broke out like crazy! its texture didnt feel moisturizing on my skin rather it felt like a drying agent. dunno if has alcohol inside. but i still suffer from scars left from pimples it gave me! the product i curse the most..

I'm about to run out of DML and I think I might give Cetaphil a go. I like the way it comes in a big bottle like the DML and Complex 15. I'm trying go to move to all products I can source on the high street for convenience. Also switching from Basic to Purpose bars soon. Last batch I had brought back from the US has lasted me near 2 years so I didn't do to bad.

I agree that cetaphil is wonderful products!

both their gentle skin cleanser and moisturising cream are doing good job to me!