Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flower_power

Skinoren (azelaic acid) for non-inflamed acne?

Hi,

I cleanse with a beaded scrub but have just started using azelaic acid after (I'm REALLY allergic to BP).

I bought it because I read it was good for active acne and PIH.

But is it good for the type of acne I have or more suited for nodules and cysts (which I do also get occasionally)?

Thank you! :)

You can help yourself using SA on the spot and ibuprofen for those nodules/cysts when you see it coming. Also take flax seed oil or grape seed oil/extract to increase the level of linoleic acid in your body, which helps reducing inflammation. Don't know your age but a moisturizer based on skin lipids is also good (just a thin layer), perhaps mixed with aloe vera. Research more on that.

I use Azelex for nodules and it works great. It makes them go away in less time than if you just left them. Another thing I started to use that works even better is cortizone cream. My derm. told me to use that too. It reduces the inflammation and the nodule is smaller within like 3 days and doesn't hurt anymore.