Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

The emotional reasoning behind acne.. kinda interesting

I know not everyone believes in this stuff but whatever, i do. my mum is always going on about how the things in your life can turn into illnesses. i looked up acne in her book of Emotional healing for physical ailments:

Acne

Not accepting or disliking of self

Pimples/ Blackheads

Small outbursts of anger

I find the last one kind of funny because my skin has been like perfect then me and mum had a massive fight last night and i woke up with a pimple. maybe a load of crap but i was just wondering what you guys think?

no association here that i noticed and I get stressed to hell

while its probably not good, i've always put the stress/emotional part of somehow worsening your skin as a good fairy tale because of cortisol or whatever. kinda like the people that claim weight training increased there testosterone levels or masturbating. (lol) makes a great escape for dermatologists to put the blame elsewhere when the creams and antibiotics aren't working.

Edited by captshiner

it makes lots of sense.

our emotions - whether good or bad - do create physiological changes in our body.

I mean, when you get angry, frustrated, sad, excited, nervous, etc. ALL of these affect our body in some way. And those who experience more negative emotions DO wreak havoc on their bodies. Long-term stress is debilitating.

Cortisol is the hormone released when yo are stressed or upset, which in high levels has a negative effect on the processes of the body.

Your brain is a part of your body. Holism=everything is connected. the brain is no different and thoughts and emotions aren't errant superficial things.

Its called Neuroimmunology, the connection between thoughts etc on the immune systen and health, and there is a definate connection.

i believe this 100% i always had very mild acne probably even light, unless i drank alcohol then i would get a cyst. but when i moved to another state and had to live with someone who is bipolar, schizophrenic and is always pissed. we always fought every day and i was always so stressed out, my acne went from being mild/light to haveing 11 grape sized cysts for 6 months straight the most severe acne ive ever seen. now i moved out and im not so stressed my ace has gone down to moderate and even light if i stay away from gluten, i believe that huge change in my life from moving to a different state and always fighting changed my digestive system. i never use to have gluten sensativity and now i have it pretty bad. sucks but hopefully over time me being back into a better state of mind and more relaxed my digestive system can maybe repair itself, hopefully.