Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

What probiotics to use?

Guest Timehealsall

So i have been on doxy 200mg a day for about 4 months now but i have also been taking probiotics (culturelle) as well. My derm recommended me the culturelle but i am not sure if its a good probiotic.

My question is, what are the best probiotics to take with antibiotics? Also, any good sites that reviews them?

Guest Timehealsall
Make sure you don't use any antibiotics with probiotics!

i thought you can take antibiotics but just 3 hours before or after taking probiotics?

Make sure you don't use any antibiotics with probiotics!

i thought you can take antibiotics but just 3 hours before or after taking probiotics?

I thought the same. I spoke with a pharmacist and my doctor and they mentioned not to take them together. But taking a probiotic 2 to 3 hours after doxcycyline will be fine. I'm taking Acidophilus chewable tablets. I try to eat 3 everyday. Not to go against what the other person said... but it's GOOD to take probiotics while on antibiotics because antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria thus resulting in yeast infections and the works. So I would HIGHLY recommend that you continue taking probiotics because we need to restore the good bacteria in our bodies... Hope this helps :)

Guest Timehealsall

can you take probiotics 2 to 3 hours before antibiotics?

Also, i am having trouble finding a good probiotic. Which is the best probiotic to take to restore good bacteria in the body?

i was on culturelle for about 2 months, should i stay on it? its 30 bucks for 30 pills