Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Layla_Loomis

Best moisturizer for fading acne marks on sensitive skin

I have a very fair complexion and combination type skin that has been through years of acne and left some scarring. What are the best products that help fade old acne marks and redness WITHOUT drying out or further damaging my skin? Also, any good moisturizers with vitamins that help fade the redness without causing more breakouts? I am esp. interested in products that are paraben and alcohol free.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanx! :cool:

I have read several places that that Clinique Even Better is very effective. I haven't personally tried it, but as soon as I am completed Accutane I will be purchasing this. Also, I used to work at Aveda & I used their Enbrightment line, which helped a lot at the time, however the line is pricey, but they do have a cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer and masque that work's amazing! It was a good pick for sensitive skin, if you can afford it, try it out.

While I have not used it for acne scars specifically (I'm still working on just getting rid of the acne *SIGH*), I bought the Clinique dark spot corrector for my mom last year for mother's day to help with her sun spots and I can honestly say that her spots have lightened significantly since she started using it. Maybe you can give it a try? Since it's a serum, I'd use a moisturizer with SPF 15 along with it though.