Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smack'd

HELP WITH POPPED ZITS

I had 3-4 red marks on my cheeks that grew white heads yesterday so i popped them all last night. Now I'm left with what I started with, which are 3-4 red marks that are probably bigger than last time. What should I do to reduce redness?? (I've been using Proactive for 3 weeks and see little-to-no results.)

Oh, and like a month ago I popped a black head on the other side of my cheek and it turned into like a mini cystic, what can i do to heal that as well?? (I'm 16 years old, male)

dont pick your acne. picking is bad. it makes your acne worse. let acne take its course. be gentle. be calm. picking is bad. picking is a way to relieve stress but it makes things worse b/c (1) you made your pimples worse (2) itll make your more stress wanting you to take it on something (like your pimples, so find something thats stress relieving) .

Guest Timehealsall
Polysporin or vitamin e on it will help it heal faster and help reduce scaring

hey babylove, in your opinion whats better, polysporin or neosporin?

Also regarding neosporin, is the cream version better than the ointment version?

Last but not least, how many times a day would you apply the neosporin or polysporin on the zits? After how many hours?

Buy an aloe vera plant from home depot and use that. Or you can buy aloe vera gel which is more convenient to use. You can probably get it at any health store. Aloe vera is known for minimizing inflammation acne causes!

Ice it, man. You won't notice an immediate difference, but icing DEFINITELY reduces the amount of time acne stays on your face. If there's pus in those pimples, which there certainly is, let the icing reduce the inflammation and then in several days they should be ready to pop if it doesn't look like they're going down on their own. At this point, it would be a good idea to apply a warm compress, and then some benzoyl peroxide, and wait an hour before popping. It'll help you avoid driving the infection deeper.

Edited by treefase93