Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lakers247

Going to take accutane in 1 week. Really scared and nervous.

I'm really nervous, can someone tell me their worst experience or permanent damage cause by Accutane?

I'm not sure how many people get side affects, but the mental ones scare me.

Btw I'm only 17 years old. Male, so not sure if that makes it worse.

Edited by Lakers247

Don't worry so much about the mental ones, you will know when something is wrong. If you feel different emotionally, contact your dermatologist right away. Some of the side effects I had were back pain and joint pain in my knees and ankles. Also, my stomach hurt for a good two or three weeks during the treatment, but was supposedly not caused by the accutane. I beg to differ, but it is what it is.

I'm really nervous, can someone tell me their worst experience or permanent damage cause by Accutane?

If I have any mental changes or what not, can it be permenent? And also I'm afraid that I won't realize that it was the medication that changed me or something.

Hey! I'm 16 and a male lol. This will be the end of my week 5 on accutane 50mg and don't worry you will be perfectly fine! I havn't really experienced anything other than my mildly dry lips and dry + flaky skin. Try not to stress over it too much because it's not good for your health.

im 17 and on 80mg a day and only experienced 3 nosebleeds (in the first two weeks) and dry skin / chapped lips.

one of the last things you should worry about is mental side affects there very uncommon and hardly any reported or 'known' . get good moisturizer and chapstick

Edited by tblaze04