Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane Badger

OK, so why does my face look oily and sick?

So my face just looks disgusting. Like the skin just looks sick and unhealthy. For some reason, it's gotten incredibly oily over the past 6 months or so and I have no idea why. If I wash my face, the oil will be back within like an hour. I have no idea what to do.

Current regime:

Mornings

-2% SA cleanser, 10% BP cleanser, or Cetaphil Daily Cleaner

-CeraVe or Aveeno 2% SA moisturizer

Day

-Blot with blotting papers every hour or so

Night

-CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser or Cetaphil Daily cleanser

-Eucerin AHA moisturizer or CeraVe moisturizer

-Acanya Gel (1.2% Clindamycin, 2.5% BP) to acne prone areas

-Clearisil 10% BP to a stubborn pimple or two

Other

-Exfoliate with St. Ives Apricot Scrub once every three days in place of night cleanser

HOW DO I GET THE OIL TO STOP!? IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! NONE OF MY OTHER FRIENDS HAVE THIS CRAP!

PS: The shadows in the pics kinda make it hard to see all the oilyness. But I can assure you, it's all over the place.

-

post-139780-1290309625_thumb.jpg

post-139780-1290309643_thumb.jpg

post-139780-1290309671_thumb.jpg

dunno why but that happens to me all the time..I have to wipe my face about every hour using oil absorbing sheets or a paper towel....OH and you can also use the public bathrooms toilet seat covers (new ones) as an absorbing sheet.

try a benzoyl peroxide face wash.it wont cut down the oil production but it takes longer for my face to get oily. so usually i can get until about 3 in the afternoon instead of an hour after washing

I have a feeling you might be overwashing buddy. The more you wash your face, the oilier it will get. Try washing your face twice a day about 12 hours apart and see if that helps.

Sup peeps, appreciate the comments.

madelineeee - the lighting in the photos is pretty shitty. i have several zits and a pimple or two across my nose-cheek area along with a seemingly endless number (realistically 10) of reddish closed comedones around my nose and jawline. it is pretty funny how you can't see them in the photo though.

alextheg- yeah i'm planning on ordering the regimen soon, but only to use in the morning cuz at night BP + Acanya is too harsh.

greengurl - yeah, SA 2% facewash every otherish morning and acanya gel at night. plus bp 10% here and there as needed.

alextheg2 - see, i really don't think thats the case as i've cut down on washing/acne products ALOT. first time i posted a topic, you wouldnt believe the amount of shit i put on my face everyday. manually exfoliated twice a day, used astrigent every night, SA 2% facewashes 3 times a day, toner twice a day, 10% BP all day long, etc etc. thanks to some tips from the ever-knowledgeable AshelyNicole, i drastically cut down my regimen to 1 active-ingredient facewash in the morning, moisturizer, then a gentle cleanser at night + acanya gel, then more moisturizer. although this alleviation unfortunately did not really help my oil production OR actual acne, i'm pretty sure it saved my face in the long run. now that i've quit using so much crap, i've seen how damaged my skin really is (now it flakes everyday, red areas all along my nose, just shitty, oily, sensitive skin in general).

anywayssss, yeah so i am pretty much washing my face twice a day about 12 hrs apart. also, i have heard several people say that over-washing increased oil production, but also many that say it do not. i guess i'm under the assumption that it does not, as i've cut down washing/treating substantially and my face has only gotten oilier. also, moisturizer only makes my face oilier as well. i guess my skin is just retarded :/

So my face just looks disgusting. Like the skin just looks sick and unhealthy. For some reason, it's gotten incredibly oily over the past 6 months or so and I have no idea why. If I wash my face, the oil will be back within like an hour. I have no idea what to do.

Current regime:

Mornings

-2% SA cleanser, 10% BP cleanser, or Cetaphil Daily Cleaner

-CeraVe or Aveeno 2% SA moisturizer

Day

-Blot with blotting papers every hour or so

Night

-CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser or Cetaphil Daily cleanser

-Eucerin AHA moisturizer or CeraVe moisturizer

-Acanya Gel (1.2% Clindamycin, 2.5% BP) to acne prone areas

-Clearisil 10% BP to a stubborn pimple or two

Other

-Exfoliate with St. Ives Apricot Scrub once every three days in place of night cleanser

HOW DO I GET THE OIL TO STOP!? IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! NONE OF MY OTHER FRIENDS HAVE THIS CRAP!

PS: The shadows in the pics kinda make it hard to see all the oilyness. But I can assure you, it's all over the place.

-

LOL come on man like Joker said-> "why so serious" :doh: i mean your skin is fine man would you rather have a face full of blackheads and acne :cry: or just -> oily skin which you can make go away a lot with Getting AcneScript for oilyskin- So "why so Serious" :lol: i love that dam Movie line

hi there,

first of all, i agree with the others. your skin looks great! and secondly, i have this problem too. my skin gets very oily around an hour after i washed my face. this problem exaggerates at night.

i read many articles about this topic: oily face and you could perhaps try vit B5? i used to 'megadose' it becuz i wanted my acne to go away. i rmb on the first day of my new 'B5' regimen, i saw an immediate oil reduction alreaady! (you could check out my blog on acne org)and now that my acne is slightly under control, though still having pimples here and there, i'm only taking B5 day and night.

and also, try not to overwash your face ot use extremely harsh products. i know this is difficult becuz chances are you wont be able to see an immediate effect right after you stopped using harsh products. give it some time, and meanwhile, you could consider taking low dose of B5!

i hope this helps & gdluck!

so what if his skin looks good?

having oily skin is horrible. honestly i think its worse than having acne. its so uncomfortable and its even harder to treat than acne itself!!

-first of all. stick to a routine like this:

morning:

cleanse (with cetaphil or another gentle cleanser)

moisturize (with basic moisturizer with nothing like aha in it, cetaphil or cerave)

night:

same thing cleanse +moisturize

then BP OR the other gel u were using acanya or whatever. not BOTH

this way u can simplify ur routine and see if maybe ur products are making it WORSE not better. u should really do this anyway. ONLY ONE ACNE FIGHTING PRODUCT.

then. either go to a derm or search oily skin on google and try out treatments like vitamin B5

First of all, I'm sorry for those who are just minimizing your situation. If you weren't truly uncomfortable with your skin, you wouldn't post here. :) Hopefully you can find some solution.

I agree with bparker, Vitamin B5 might help. Look up the benefits and see if it is right for you.

I know of a lotion that might be perfect for you. It's Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15. It's a moisturizer with a second ability to help control oil. Check the reviews and see if it (or something similar) is a possibility.

Also, I know this might be weird, but a translucent (colorless) powder might help. Just dust on after your moisturizer has soaked in. Preferably with a brush, but the little pad it comes with is fine (as long as your wash it once in a while). If you do this, the powder helps to mattify your face. Just be careful not to over-powder, as that just gunks up and looks poor.