Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest pokemonster

oookay this IS IT!!

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

loveNlipgloss noo ofc, if its all dried up and just waiting for a moment to fall off, its totally ok, just be careful from urge to pluck off nondried up stuff as well while ur at it. anywayz u are doing great, keep it up! ;)

so AthleticHunta wtf are u doing lol? stop the dairy, i thought u dont eat it at all, u gonna screw up yo face and all the work u did before again, dude. wtf all of a sudden lol

and umm ok so u picked that 1 pimple but then hey the rule only 1 in 5 days now applies to u, so if u do something like this again in upcoming 5 days, ur on day 0 again! ;)

and imo i dont think thats the best thing to do what u wrote there about layers n stuff, how to pick etc, bcs if u dont get out that puss, it just dries up like little ball or something idk and then when it dries it just fells off and theres even skin under, now if u pick it and get it all out its most likely will refill and be pimple again (or possible scaar in future?), so maybe its just u that it works like that buut..

besides cmon were in not picking thread here ok?

eft! eft! eft!! lol whatever floats yo boat, man!

Edited by fugleee_dumbBUNNY

Hey guys! Well done fuglee on putting together that list of how many pick-free days ppl have had. Do you fancy doing that again some time? It's really encouraging. Gives me something to aim for.

Day 8 completed. On Day 9!! YAY

Started using BP on the jaw line too, as i get some occasional spots there, and it is SO SO itchy on my neck. Just trying not to touch it. ARRGG!!!

I like the idea of a prize, although I think we all know that the sense of achievement is gonna be the best thing about getting to 100 days. I haven't really got any bright ideas I'm afraid. Anyone else got any?

I'll take a picture today of my progress and upload it. I'm gonna be taking weekly photos if you guys wanna track my success (I say success coz I am thinking positive!). :dance:

Hey can anyone tell me what eft is?? =) anyway i dont believe diary is bad for your skin,,, i have quite a lot these days,,, but i have to say the milk i have is homogenised (however you spell that) today is day 13 for me,,, whoo hooo =) ,,,, this time really feels different to all the times i have stopped before!! i feel like i'm never going to pick again!!!! its like i lost the control over my face and i'm just relaxing!!

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

LittleMissChatterbox yea i actually plan to do it once in a while, i think it will motivate us in some ways =)

ivanna its cool but dont loose the guard just yet, i previously did approx 20 days without picking and thought pahaha i deff wont pick ever again but then some nice day crushd down n picked alot due to stress and all of a sudden, so this time hopefully 100 days will do the trick for me and u too guyz..

eft = emotional freedom tehnique, just google it or read athletichunta's posts, he seems to hype over it alot

ok good, i dont want that to ruin my streak. the spot wasnt even on my face, it was on the side of my neck, so its not like anyone can really see it.

its day 5, by the way! my skin is really flaring up, but at least im not picking!

Edited by loveNlipgloss
Hey can anyone tell me what eft is?? =) anyway i dont believe diary is bad for your skin,,, i have quite a lot these days,,, but i have to say the milk i have is homogenised (however you spell that) today is day 13 for me,,, whoo hooo =) ,,,, this time really feels different to all the times i have stopped before!! i feel like i'm never going to pick again!!!! its like i lost the control over my face and i'm just relaxing!!

Saying dairy isn't bad for your skin is like saying fire isn't bad for you skin... :D

I knowwwww fuglee thank you (:, its just that when you get these living probiotics into your system, they move in, and grow and pupulate and stay in yoru system forever, unless you murder them with antibiotics :P .

I just thought, eh... one day of yogurt, and probiotic milk can't be THAT bad.. But it kinda was D: .. I'm ok tho :D .

And that picking rule?. Oh yeah, astleast i'm not losing on the forum ;P .

Edited by AthleticHunta

sure. its all over youtube, and there are few methods and advanced methods of doing it, so watch alot of videos to get the full spectrum. EFT can cure the habit of smoking , drugs, and any other addiction or social anxiety, fear, emotional trauma, and so on. Its a tapping technique that originated from the idea of acupuncture, it balances negative energy in the body, and removes life force energy blockages or orgone energy that cause stress and the problems stated above. Another form of energy balancing are EMF or EMR and other such pendants, but some don't work so you got to read the reviews, or that's what I recommend anyway. EP2 and performance amulet are good.

People that doubt this energy stuff should look up the thread on here where someone got themselves 100% clear by using acupuncture treatments. EFT not only can stop habbits, but can be used cancel out the bio energy signatures (frequency/Vibrations Of atoms at the atomic scale) that cause acne, but only if used in the proper manner. Ive never really tried this before for healing myself yet tho.

I do know this is the same way homeopathic medicine for acne works to a good extent. I have heard some good things about it, you guys might want to look into that as well.

Good luck (::::::

Edited by AthleticHunta

^ you know, im doing that too. i'd been thinking about it for a while, and turning picking into a competition just hasnt been working for me. thinking about the number of days just stresses me out.

sorry about this, but its me not you! (very cliche)

good luck everyone else! ;)

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

err..ppl cmon wut are u doing? we are doing so well right now, wassup with quiting? :huh:

esp loveNlipgloss why are u stressing so much? u are doing really good right now :/

y not be just easier about it :shrug:, yet strict with yourself, but dont stress. this competition is to make us motivated and dont relapse to picking constantly, if we can do those 100 days, we can deff beat this, otherwise who knows how long u will have to fight this, this is nothing to be stressed about, uknow. besides what do u want less: be stressed about competition or stressed about that u picked?

anyhow its your bsnz ofc & if u rly feel this is rather holding u back then helping then i guess its better that way yea, but hey we'll miss u lol, aand good luck then, whatever u do! ;)

btw what was the longest that u have ever endured without picking anything, before?

and im on day 6

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

LittleMissChatterbox aww thats nice to hear, bcs..dont leave me u too lol \='D

well anyhow i finished day 9 today :dance:

but theres still 91 days to go!!! :o so no reason to celebrate for me yet :naughty:

only incident i had with skin those days was that i had this huge full whitehead on chin and i accidentally rubbed it off while cleansing before it dries up!! but i swear wasnt my fault! :o so i just cured it up and now it dried and goes away as normally. other than that im doing kinda good i guess, i still have urge to pick, but my mind is stronger this time :naughty:, well for now at least. :rolleyes:

Edited by fugleee_dumbBUNNY

Day 14 completed. Now on day 15. Who else is still in?

I have been getting a bit lapse and touching my skin more. Not picking, but resting hand on chin etc. Have had the occasional urge to pick. BUt managed not to.

Think i need to try not touching my skin at all!

I have a few brownish scabs on my cheeks from the benzoyl peroxide, but they seem to be healing.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

hey LittleMissChatterbox i checked out yo pics and hey ur pretty! now only what to do is improve skin for u! ;)

aand i think other ppl will update more like once in a while or so i guess, like ivanna fe, and 2 ppl are out of this, about others idk, and me im on day 11

anyhow try to not touch face at all, fingers have alot of bacteria on them, i too have to be extra aware these days for some reason, today i got rly awfull red pimple on my cheekbone and its soo tempting to get rid of >_< but mustnt and wont, lets keep fighting! its still alot of days ahead so we mustnt look back anymore, right? :confused:

hey sorry about quitting, but the same thing doesn't work for everyone. i guess the more i think about picking, the more i pick!

the longest i've ever not picked...hmm.. maybe a week? but before it got really bad i went a month or so (if only i stuck to that)

hey fuglee,

Yeah, I noticed that the first week I started I hardly touched my face and it got SO much better. The second week I touched it a bit more (subconsciously) and it didn't improve as much. So week 3 here we come... NO TOUCHING!!!

I've got brown scab like things on my cheeks from the BP. Is that just a stage? I stopped using the BP on these two areas, then I got my ONLY 4 new spots in these areas (shows how much the BP really does work). - So I started using BP on these scab areas, but sparingly, to prevent any new spots. I am putting on lots of moisturiser and jojoba oil twice daily to try get rid of them. Did you get this when you started the regimen? and did your skin adapt?

Lovenlipgloss - Don't worry about deciding the competition style wasn't best for you. That's no problem at all hun :) xx

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

hey, im on day..err..wait a minute..day 17? o_0 time flys fo sho..

oh wellz..i kinda dont pick at all, but i must admit i tend to want to touch my face more oftenly now, due to stress n shit, buh im working on it right now and being very aware of it.

aand while applying oil even tho i was rubbing veeery gently, i felt like few "premature" whiteheads on jawline got off tho, but wasnt intentionally ok? :o aand they still were pretty much dried already soo..>3>

whuts yo progress ppl??

hey, well done hun. Today i am getting a bit annoyed by the really dry flaky bits of skin and have an urge to get rid of them. Doing ok though. Two whiteheads on my cheek. Biggest progress seemed to be in the first week of the regimen, i hope progress continues. I am gonna use AHA come new year.

is it just you and me blogging now?!

Day 24. wow. i need to be careful, coz don't wanna get lapse and relapse :s

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

yah it gets a bit tough, doesnt it? i personally deff feel the urge to pick now >_< thats why must be very aware of myself when at mirrors >_> but somehow day 20 this is, heh!

aha. i recently made a thread about it asking diff questions and ppl who use it answered, if u want go check out, maybe will be somewhat useful for u too. i myself plan to use it from after new year too, have u used it before?

and idk seems like its only two of us righ now, yea.. :confused:

but i think ivanna will update later maybe, if shes still in competition and didnt pick ofc :3

well anyhow lets do our best, even if its just 2 of us, just think how cool will be to brag about how we made this for 100 days :dance: and maybe even diminish this habit in the end ;)

hey fuglee,

thats so funny. I have asked for AHA as a xmas present and plan to start in new years. let both do it. i'm happy to give it a try.

For the first night in 25 days of doing the regimen i didn't do it last night coz i was so tired, went straight to bed. So gotta keep it going still and try to do it religiously.

Last night had lots of that white dry flakiness and carefully removed these in front of the mirror. I know I prob shouldn't of, but i did. Didn't pick any spots, of squeeze anything, or pick any brown scabs. So i've made a resolve to not do that either as it is not good and left some areas of my cheeks a bit pinkish.

I can tell i'm starting to find it a bit tough coz i have been biting my gums a bit and i'd managed to stop that too. Also been peeling the dry bits off by my fingernails. I think it's prob best for me to try and bust all these habits at the same time as one can lead to another.

Anyway I'm going for a short nap as I'm out to see some friends later :)

PS The white little flakes doesn't mean I'm back on day 1 again does it??

x

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

ppl!!! im afraid ill be telling something disappointing (or rather quit satisfying for u my rivalz ;)) bcz..

im back at day 0.

so overall i did 22 days without picking and today on 23th day i picked. but heres why..

i picked bcz i actually decided to do so, if i wouldnt decided it id just continue with this and ignore the urges n shit etc, buut this time it was a bit different bcz

u see xmass is already here aand i soo didnt wanna have the acne face at it -_- but ofc knowing that, my face starts to specially treat me with those huugeasss whiteheads liek out of nowhere and liek huuugeaaasss >_> and i swear they were so naasty and big and on unbearable places like cheeks n forhead and even on top of the nose (lol rudolph reindeer style, i knoo) and they just wouldnt dry out, that i just had to do something about them asap!

tto didnt even help this time, they were that big and deep o_0 and even with ice it would take more days to dry them out, so i decided to extract them afterall, and i did it as possible gently and properly as i could and uknow im ok with what i did actually bcz at least i wont have face knobby as fck in all the xmass pics afterwards >_>

i kno its sad i have to loose progress of a 22 days (lol thats like almost 1/4 of the whole mission) , but xmass means more and since there'll be lots of pic making n shit so nowayz that shit could stay there nowayz >_>

LittleMissChatterbox thats great, just today somebody on some thread here said that with aha its liek year and then your redmarks are history and even tho year is loong time, at least its not like never or who knows when, which gives hopes and something to look forward to, so im deff trying out aha as well, at least for hopes sake, so when ull have it plz post here how it works for u! ;)

btw!! as i was getting rid of those nasty shit for my purposes, i knew im still allowed only to do as much as getting rid of them but then i have to stop right there and dont do anything unneccessary and thats it! however its just unbelievable how this picking madness controls yo brain totally, even if u thought u got it under control already O_O

u pick 1 and regardless wheter u did that from allowing yoself wheter u couldnt stop the urge, from that moment its almost impossible to stop! u just have to get another 1 and after that 1 most likely another and another 1..so whoever is reading this while being on battle with picking ocd but are thinking: wellz i might pick that 1 tho, just 1 and only..better dont! bcz if ur like me u may end up screwing up yo face totally unexpectedly ._.

and even tho i didnt go on picking madness i have to be honest with u ppl, after squeezing out those urgent, neccessary and -must pick, there is no other way- ones i still did pick some more than i should anywayz, yah shame on me..>__> buut i just hope i wont get any new that huge whiteheads at least until after new year so that i dont have to pick them and get back on picking track >_<

aand 1 mo thing..im deff gonna make 100 days and destroy this habbit deff! :angry: even if it will take me more time that all u other ppl, ill do that deff, just that on xmass i have my own rules for skin n stuff so it couldnt be helped once my skin is such a douchebag >_>

Hey hun,

Do you know - that's fantastic! YOUR CHOSE, you didn't just end up doing it subconsciously. That's half the battle. And don't beat yourself up about it.

Also, are you doing the regimen? Coz the amount of spots I get has reduced and reduced and reduced since I started it. Been following it religiously. I say this because of my story...

About a year and 3 months ago I gave up picking completely for about 2 months. I was so proud of myself. But totally disappointed coz despite all my hard work I was continually getting VOLCANO spots all round my jaw line, big painful ones, and loads of spots which would 'reinfect' themselves on my cheekbones. It was awful.

BUtt.... (llght at the end of the tunnel) this time round, I started the regimen as well as stopped picking (admittedly my skin before starting the regimen is not as bad as it was a year ago). And it's working wonders. YOu can look at my photos, i'm uploading a new two photos per week.

I hope this helps hun, coz spots were so destroying to my confidence (even when I pretended I didn't care. I did) xx